Dynadot

status-review Got scammed on purchasing a domain name at auction section

Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Around 8 hours ago, I sent 90$ to @Buy.name in order to purchase shop.ws domain name... because like he said to me from PM, that the highest bidder didn't paid 100$, and then he purposed to me to get it for 90$.

Full post here:
Hi TheBuyerz

I want the Shop.ws domain name to receive money early - The highest bidder rejected my current BIN of $ 100.

If you want to get the Shop.ws domain name immediately and don't need to wait any longer, I will lower the BIN price to $ 90. And you can own Shop.ws now after the transaction is completed.

If you agree to trade immediately. Please pay to your paypal account: [email protected]

Note: Immediately after payment, please submit your account name and ID information at your Namesilo.com here, so that I can push the Shop.ws domain name to your account immediately. Pushing the Shop.ws domain name to a new account takes only 1 minute, very quickly

Currently, I have unlocked the Shop.ws domain name and am ready to push right away.

Auction in question: https://www.namepros.com/threads/shop-ws.1178201/

I just opened a dispute on Paypal in order to receive a refund ! I made a big mistake to not suggest using intermidiare like DAN.COM to complete this transaction...

I insited from him to push the domain name into my account, and received this message from him:

Sorry for making you wait. Shop.ws is a special type of domain name and every time I push Shop.ws through my new account, I get Namesilo's notice that the push for this type of domain will be done manually. Please wait patiently, I know Shop.ws will be pushed to your account within 1 day.

Namesilo notices
The domain name is in the process of transferring to a new account

Because Shop.ws is the domain name ending in .ws
So the transfer process will be handled manually by Namesilo staff.
Verification takes place from 24h to 48h

But it is certainely a lie, I never hear something like this before ... pushing domain names on namesilo is instant between their own user accounts.

Do this forum can help to get a refund from that scammer ?
Or receive enough datas from him in order to take legal proceedings using IP etc... ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just email namesilo and confirm. Sounds like no big deal.

Imagine how I feel when someone buys my name and it is on transfer lock. Thank goodness they wait. I get a bit embarrassed.

Be patient.

•••
Yeah, I have a feeling this same person is linked to @dinhxuanchinh

•••
@Silentptnr

So, mods can access PMs between members?

•••
It would prevent quite a bit but not all of it.
True, and I know it would dissuade a lot of newcomers who might otherwise have good intentions. At the same time, it could put value on loyalty to the NP platform, knowing rewards come with being patient.

I always hate a couple bad apples ruining it for the bunch, and was never one for throwing all in the same barrel because of it.

The member hasn't come back.

Moral....use extra caution.
Whoa. Was the member active or did he appear out of the blue?
And great advice, of course.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes, you can can invite others to the conversation.

**edit- silent says mod chimed in.. not same as an invitation.

I meant without invitation!

•••
Yes, you can can invite others to the conversation.

**edit- silent says mod chimed in.. not same as an invitation.
There was no invitation. I think they perhaps had reason to review that members messages or something. I have no idea how they knew.

I dont post PMs. At least I havent yet.

The member was active with over 200 positive trade deals.

•••
•••
Remind me of this thread if we ever try business.

•••
•••
Thanks guys for sharing this scam! I hope both will get refunded as soon as possible!

•••
New message by him before a while:
Screenshot-7.jpg
What the....what a message. I have never seen someone admit scamming like that. Wow

•••
•••
Its another reason new members should be restricted from selling til they reach actual milestones and make themselves known here. I distrust any posting in the market area by a brand new member and I think everyone should.

This still should not be the only way to trust someone. I have seen members here who have been members for years and committed scam. Best I would say is to use a proper escrow service like Dan.

•••
He is banned but he can still contact us and watch our private messages.
The member can reply to existing direct messages but can not create any new direct messages. It's important that restricted members can reply to existing messages so they can communicate with members/moderators and initiate refunds. It's unfortunate that this member appears to have no intention of refunding.

•••
At least Paypal is investigating this thread? To fight our last hope to get refund.

Let's hope PayPal does the right thing and refund your money.

•••
Sorry for being late to this thread. I received the same DM from him too, for $60. It was so obviously a scam. Breaking NP's rules. The very first thing I did was google "Shop.ws". The #1 link at that time was this... https://www.namepros.com/threads/shop-ws.1115851/ This timeline agrees.with the register of Shop.ws The very next thing I did was report him to the mods. I'm sorry for your losses @TheBuyerz @lotk, and to anybody else caught up in this thread. It's very likely the creator of both threads is the same person. I think it demonstrates that however good NP's checking is, it's not thorough enough. But you/we all should be aware that we enter into these auctions with our eyes wide open. We cannot blame anybody but ourselves. If it smells like a scam, don't part with any money. Stay away!

Last edited:
•••
I just received this message from the scammer, @Mod Team Echo can confirm and will be a good thing since paypal is reviewing this thread.

He lied, I'm sure this guy live in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Any Mods/Admin of this forum can check history of his account and find what IP addresses he used to login.

•••
•••
The more information you can give them the better.

Send them links to the auction thread, to this thread, and either get with LotK via DM or publicly, to share PayPal dispute numbers, so their dispute department can more easily tie the scammer to multiple victims.

It's been reported. It's been confirmed by another, that he did sell it for the initial $100 price. And gave you, and the buyer (@lotk) the same excuse.

I'd say you can relax a bit now. I know this situation can be stressful. But breath. It'll all be OK.

The worst, I suggest him to pay using Bitcoin :O !!!

by chance, he don't know about it ! a scammer not using bitcoin -_-

Uploaded my conversation aswell.

Attachments

• shop.ws.png
    shop.ws.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 235
  • shop.ws3.png
    shop.ws3.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 229
  • shop.ws2.png
    shop.ws2.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 222
  • shop.ws.png
    shop.ws.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 223
  • shop.ws3.png
    shop.ws3.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 229
•••
@Silentptnr willing to share who it was? Just in case someone else gets contacted outside of NP?

•••
•••
To prevent another scammed auction , Namepros could provide internal escrow (only for NP members) to secure all transaction. Pay a little fee for escrow is better than losing our money on scammed transaction.

•••
There is a lot of legal implications to be an escrow company. NP would need to partner with escrow.com or some other escrow company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back