Dynadot

Got email from [email protected] looks suspicious...need your insights..

NameSilo
Watch

vravis9

Top Member
Impact
Hi NamePros...

I just received 4 emails from "[email protected]" about 4 of my domains registered at GoDaddy..

Mentioned in subject line:
"FWD: One or more of your domains will expire soon [[email protected]] (FROM: [email protected])"

In same format I got four emails for four different domains...

I was doubting this because my domains will expire in February 2019..

Is it legitimate...if yes why I am receiving an alert 3 months before expiration...

Any thoughts?!

Thanks
Ravi

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Run the email headers of the emails you received through a source check such as
https://www.ip2location.com/free/email-tracer
to determine if they even came from GoDaddy or if you were the subject of a phishing scam.

But if the emails are not particularly asking you to click to go someplace or other, a reminder a few months out sounds standard.

Last edited:
•••

Don't stress...just their normal notification period. They are the most aggressive as far as registrars go reminding someone to renew or lose the name.

•••
(afaik) At least two major retail American reg companies claim your domains are "expiring" when they get under 3 months.

•••
Tip - never click links from any emails unless you were expecting them.

Always log into your accounts through your normal methods and check

•••
Hi NamePros...

I just received 4 emails from "[email protected]" about 4 of my domains registered at GoDaddy..

Mentioned in subject line:
"FWD: One or more of your domains will expire soon [[email protected]] (FROM: [email protected])"

In same format I got four emails for four different domains...

Is it legitimate...if yes why I am receiving an alert 3 months before expiration...

Any thoughts?!

Thanks
Ravi

Most notifications start showing up from 90 days downwards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back