NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Greetings to all!

Upon yours most useful appraisals any price benchmarks sent off, no more fixed prices.
The moto is "Offer's flexibility meets demand!"

I cannot determine decent price hence rely on buyers adequacy.
Nevertheless, I still leave to myself an owner's right not to sell a name.

Same time you are highly welcome to carry on leaving argumentative appraisals and simple comments most helpful for me to strengthen understanding of right and mistaken steps.

ACTIVISM & GAMES
ComingToCinemas.com
DarkmoonIsland.com
FracOff.com
Game7Live.com
HandHeldVideoGame.com
MostPlayedVideo.com
PeopleDeserveBetter.com
SeasonGaming.com
WoWFactions.com
WoWFormulas.com
WoWGameMechanics.com
WoWGameTerms.com
WoWPatch5.com
WoWPatchNews.com

COMPUTERS & SOFT
BasedOnCloud.com
CloudBuySide.com
CloudSalesModel.com
CloudSellSide.com
CloudTalentSearch.com
CloudTeleSales.com
DevOpsConcept.com
DevOpsConsult.com
DevOpsEngineers.com
DevOpsInfrastructure.com
DevOpsInvest.com
DevOpsPlatform.com
DevOpsTalentSearch.com
DevOpsTech.com
DevOpsTool.com
GoogleTop2.com
MobileBankingSoft.com
MobileBankSoft.com
MobileWalletSoft.com
SearchByWord.com
YrComputer.com
YrInternet.com

FINANCE
10YBond.com
Bond10Y.com
BondsAndOptions.com
CashSettledFutures.com
CheapestHomeCredit.com
DefaultImminent.com
DitchYrMortgage.com
DontPayDebt.com
EmissionsFutures.com
EssentialTaxTips.com
GasRoyaltiesBuyers.com
GreenNanoInvestment.com
HeapOfGold.com
HomeCreditCalculator.com
HomeDebtCalc.com
InvestmentInGraphene.com
InvestmentInNano.com
OilRoyaltiesBuyers.com
ParticipatingInterest.com
RussianBullion.com
RussianOptions.com
SageHomeOwner.com
SmartTaxAdvice.com
SmartTaxCalc.com
SoftCommEx.com
StockGoldPrice.com
Stocks2Profit.com
StockTaxTips.com
TimelyTaxTips.com
UkListedCompanies.com
WeSellRoyalties.com
YrCredit.com
YrCreditCard.com
YrDebt.com
YrLoan.com
YrMoney.com
YrMortgage.com
YrRefund.com
YrRoyalties.com

GRAPHENE
GrapheneCellPhone.com
GrapheneComp.com
GrapheneHDD.com
GrapheneTouchPad.com
GrapheneTVset.com
InvestmentInGraphene.com

FAMILY & HOME
InsureAutoRentals.com
InsureCarRentals.com
InsureBusRentals.com
InsureTruckRentals.com
YourMomInLaw.com
YrFamily.com
YrGarage.com
YrHubby.com
YourMomInLaw.com
YrSavings.com
YrWife.com

HIGH SOCIETY
HeapOfGold.com
LuxuryClassLimo.com
LuxuryClassLimousine.com
MoonlightAndVodka.com
TsarCaviar.com
WhatASpirit.com
YrBet.com
YrBlackjack.com

HIGH-TECH
GodParticleSearch.com
TacticalLaserSystem.com

NANO
GreenNanoEnergy.com
GreenNanoInvestment.com
GreenNanoSolutions.com
InvestmentInNano.com
NanoBonded.com
NanoDefenseSystems.com
Nanofication.com
NanoFlakes.com
NanoFlakeSolarPanel.com
NanoLayerSolarGlass.com
NanoLitho.com
NanoSmartTV.com
NanoTube3D.com
NanoRak.com
NanoAx.com
NanoCi.com
NanoFy.com
NanoHDD.com
NanoHy.com
NanoJa.com
NanoJo.com
NanoJr.com
NanoKy.com
NanoLr.com
NanoLu.com
NanoQa.com
NanoSr.com
NanoUr.com
NanoWi.com
SolarNanoPaint.com

OIL & GAS
COMPLETIONS:
CoiledTubingServices.com
CompletionsSolutions.com
GreenCompletionTech.com
GreenCompletionTechnology.com
HorizontalCompletion.com
WellCompletionEquipment.com
WellStimulationEquipment.com

DRILL BITS:
ARCSdrillbit.com
DirectionalBit.com
InsertToothBit.com
MilledToothBit.com
PDCcutter.com
PDCdrillbit.com
SHARCbit.com
SpearBit.com
StandardPDCbit.com

DRILLING:
AppraisalDrilling.com
DeepDrillingSolutions.com
DeepwaterDrillingSolutions.com
GasDrillingServices.com
OilfieldDrillingServices.com
ReservoirNavigationServices.com

FRACTURING:
ChannelFracturing.com
GreenFracFluid.com
FracBoss.com
FracChems.com
FracDesignSoft.com
FracFluidManagement.com
FracFluidRecycling.com
FracFluidsEngineer.com
FrackingEngineer.com
FrackingService.com
FrackingServices.com
FrackPumper.com
FrackSupportEquipment.com
FractureSimulator.com
FracturingUnit.com
MultiStageFrac.com
SandBlender.com
SuperFrack.com

GAS:
BuyLNG.com
CBMdrilling.com
GTLauto.com
GTLcarfuel.com
GTLtruck.com
LNGmonitor.com
LNGshipment.com
RBOBgas.com

HEAVY OIL:
BlendedCrude.com
ColdEOR.com
FireFlooding.com
HeavySourCrude.com
HeavySourCrudeOil.com

INVESTING:
GasRoyaltiesBuyers.com
OilRoyaltiesBuyers.com
WeBuyGasRoyalties.com
WeBuyOilRoyalties.com

RIGS:
DrillingRigInsurance.com
DrillingRigLease.com
DrillingRigSale.com
OffshoreRigInsurance.com
OffshoreRigLease.com
OffshoreRigSale.com
OnTheRigExperience.com
RigExperience.com
RigLeaseInsurance.com

RUSSIAN AVIATION KEROSENE:
BuyJP54.com
FuelJP54.com
RussianJP54.com

RUSSIAN DIESEL OIL:
D2oil.com
DieselD2.com
OilD2.com
RussianD2.com
RussianDieselOil.com

RUSSIAN MAZUT:
BuyM100.com
BuyMazut.com
M100mazut.com
M100oil.com
OilM100.com
RussianMazut.com

RUSSIAN O&G:
CommoditiesRussia.com
OilAndGasRussia.com
RussianArcticOilAndGas.com
RussianContinentalShelf.com

RussianLubes.com
RussianOils.com

SHALE:
ShaleGasCapex.com
ShaleGasDriller.com
ShaleGasFracturing.com
ShaleGasInvest.com
ShaleGasInvestingNews.com

UNCATEGORISED:
BOEPD.com
CrudeOilRefinedProducts.com
DistillateProducts.com
FuelAndPetrochemicals.com
GasolineConsumers.com
HistoryOfOilSpills.com
NYMEXRBOB.com
OilRefinedProducts.com
OilShipments.com
PaySand.com
RFSUnews.com
SweetCrudeOil.com
WorldPetroleumAssessment.com

REAL ESTATE
BuyForeclosedProp.com
ForeclosedPropLists.com
ForeclosedPropforSale.com
Fraudclosed.com

YR FAMILY & HOME
YrAutoInsurance.com
YrCarInsurance.com
YrDentalInsurance.com
YrHomeInsurance.com
YrHouseInsurance.com
YrInsurance.com
YrKidsInsurance.com
YrLoan.com
YrMoney.com

Thank you for your time and stay all well!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think(ok ill say know) you can write off all YR names $0

No name with Google in it should be reg, i would say that with the WOW too

Graphene names are highly speculative and the cellphone one may be the only one with potential if they can do with Graphene what they want to do

Your 6 cloud names look unsellable to me

You have some names like SmartTaxAdvice.com which can be developed nicely but would probally be hard to sell without development OR sitting on it a long time.

I would avoid YR=your, Soft=software, "Frac", "Prop"

Just as a quick help lets look at your shale gas names:

SHALE:
ShaleGasCapex.com 976 USD Capex is short for capital expenditures, the intant you figure this out you should pass on this
ShaleGasDriller.com 1,269 USD Nice! Name nothing wrong with regging this
ShaleGasFracturing.com 658 USD Its a liquid that does the fracturing so feels off to me. But "lay" people could insert SG for hydraulic. So its a reasearch more later name before purchasing
ShaleGasInvest.com 1,906 USD Cutting investment/ing off to "invest" would be an instant dont reg to me
ShaleGasInvestingNews.com 1,553 USD This "news" is such a kick in the side on this that it should not been reg in my opinion.

Hope these things help.

•••
I have been through the names and I pretty much agree with johname on this

•••
I also agree with both johname and gilescoley.

The renewal fees for these name are going to be very painful. And I see many years of renewals for these names. IMHO

•••
There are no premium domains.
IMHO you need drop all of them and buy good one instead of renewal fees.

•••
Johnname said in a nice way what I would have said but very much more blunt.

Good luck selling those domains at the prices you show!

•••
GoogleTop2.com = major TM issue, in fact the OP must already be in a monitoring list. Early deletion of that domain is highly recommended, the rest should be left to expire. I don't see many names worthy of renewal.
Good luck.

•••
Valuation of your names is way over the top, sorry but 99.9% of them are worthless.
I dont think you could even pay someone to take them off your hands

•••
i am sorry but in my opinion all of your domains are worth $0.

Delete them all or let them expire. You've lost a great deal of money imo.

•••
Globe, I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but what I already told you in a PM yesterday falls in place with what you are hearing here.

I would make sure none of them auto-renew and put the whole list on ebay. Try starting at a beginning bid of $299.99 with no reserve and see if you get any bites. I would rather get $299.99 back then let them just expire as is what you should do with them obviously. Heck I would rather get $99 back!

P.S. If you have regged any of these in the past few days I would check the refund policy!

•••
Hi,
I'm a newbie too, so feel free to take my input with a grain of salt.

Personally I would stay away from any sort of abbreviation, like Yr, Y, Dev, Ops and Prop. The problem is that abbreviations do not get many search hits, since most people google the full word instead. However, an abbreviation may work as a 'brandable', but that makes it a tougher sell since the buyer will instantly need to like the sound of the domain rather than the added value it brings their business. IMO your abbreviation domains are probably too long and complex to work well as brandables.

Having said that, you are obviously very familiar with the oil and gas sector, and some of those domains look relevant. I checked up on some that I thought might have potential, and out of that bunch 'coiled tubing services' has >200 exact searches, a cpc of $1.72 and a suggested estibot value of $580. It's not fantastic, but you might be able to find a buyer. Some of the other O&G might be possible to sell too.

Personally, I trust Estibot's appraisals over those of Sedo and the other appraisal tools, although even Estibot yields too high values. I don't think you should try to price either these domains above $1,000, since that will scare any potential buyers off. Nobody likes to pay above market value.

I think you should consider using Estibot's appraisals as a price guide at this stage. The domains that get zero exact searches, zero ads and zero suggested value are probably not worth keeping.

I wish you the best of luck.:)

•••
johname, thank you very much for detailed appraisal! And sorry, I didn't say it earlier, have been away.

The following is an explanation of my choice.

Understand, that google is quite provocative. But the name was registered nevertheless. There are even a few similar websites operating on the net, for example: googletop3 and googletop100. And you know there was a lawsuit against Google Inc. to cancel “GOOGLE” Trademark, please, have a look: http://www.digitalassurance.net/
So I believe things might get changed drastically pretty soon.

Graphene is a hightech novelty, so names with it may attract the buyers. Cellphone made of graphene, - why not? Now they make them of any stuff practically.

The same regarding Cloud names.

SmartTaxAdvice.com - agree, it has a chance. I say most of the names need to be developed before selling.

Prefix YR, I think, makes words looking cool and unusual. Refers to "year" more truly. However, so many various names around. Soft, Frac and Prop in certain context and/or combination are well known to corresponding businesses professionals. Likewise your "reg" to you.

Appreciate your each Shale name observation in particular.

I wish all appraisals would like yours. If it's not bothering you, come over to comment some other names when you have time. They could have seemed different at first look.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

I think(ok ill say know) you can write off all YR names $0

No name with Google in it should be reg, i would say that with the WOW too

Graphene names are highly speculative and the cellphone one may be the only one with potential if they can do with Graphene what they want to do

Your 6 cloud names look unsellable to me

You have some names like SmartTaxAdvice.com which can be developed nicely but would probally be hard to sell without development OR sitting on it a long time.

I would avoid YR=your, Soft=software, "Frac", "Prop"

Just as a quick help lets look at your shale gas names:

SHALE:
ShaleGasCapex.com 976 USD Capex is short for capital expenditures, the intant you figure this out you should pass on this
ShaleGasDriller.com 1,269 USD Nice! Name nothing wrong with regging this
ShaleGasFracturing.com 658 USD Its a liquid that does the fracturing so feels off to me. But "lay" people could insert SG for hydraulic. So its a reasearch more later name before purchasing
ShaleGasInvest.com 1,906 USD Cutting investment/ing off to "invest" would be an instant dont reg to me
ShaleGasInvestingNews.com 1,553 USD This "news" is such a kick in the side on this that it should not been reg in my opinion.

Hope these things help.

•••
Understand, that google is quite provocative. But the name was registered nevertheless. There are even a few similar websites operating on the net, for example: googletop3 and googletop100. And you know there was a lawsuit against Google Inc. to cancel “GOOGLE” Trademark, please, have a look: http://www.digitalassurance.net/
So I believe things might get changed drastically pretty soon.
Not a chance. As long as TM law exists.

There are plenty of infringing domains, that doesn't mean you are safe.
Google have lawyers on a retainer and they are very busy because of the never ending stream of infringing registrations. Maybe you will receive a C&D soon, or they might decide to file for UDRP or even sue. Then it gets ugly. They are used to it and I'm sure they don't mind making an example from time to time. I can't believe you want to pick up a fight against a mammoth :rolleyes:

Trademarked domains are liabilities, nobody will buy them from you. And they cannot be developed either. Drop them now, rather than learn the hard way later. There is zero upside in names like that.

As for the rest, the problem is not lack of thinking or insight. But there is no shortage of 'okay' domains if you are going to develop them. But for resale the names must not be okay - they must be appealing, brandable, memorable, generic, meaningful or outstanding in a way.

Unlikely that someone would want to buy a preowned domain if they can find available domains that are good/suitable for their needs.

By the way, do you know how many domains you've got, how much you have paid for them and how much it's going to cost to renew them all, and you have yet to make a sale. Do yourself a favor, dump everything you won't use, and allocate the money saved toward the purchase of one (or a few) quality domain.

Quality > quantity :gl:

•••
I have been through the names and I pretty much agree with johname on this

Fine, you have been through my names and agree with johname.

Being agree, please, comment your choice of the following names: TabletApp.com / HoloTech.com / CloudPros.com / DevGeek.com
Can see you are not avoiding them, are you?

And I like Springboks too, by the way.
:)

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

The renewal fees for these name are going to be very painful. And I see many years of renewals for these names. IMHO

Thank you also for the appraisal, indeed.

Well I believe there is still enough time ahead to sell some of them and make less painful.

Really, I would appreciate to get reasonable arguments that make you see "many years of renewals for these names". Anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Thank you also for the appraisal, indeed.

Well I believe there is still enough time ahead to sell some of them and make less painful.

Really, I would appreciate to get reasonable arguments that make you see "many years of renewals for these names". Anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

There are no premium domains.
IMHO you need drop all of them and buy good one instead of renewal fees.

Ok, may be not all the list.

Your opinion is counted. Do you own any good names to offer? I would consider buying some. PM them to me, please.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Johnname said in a nice way what I would have said but very much more blunt.

Good luck selling those domains at the prices you show!

Come on, don't be shy, appraise them your way.

However, I didn't quite understand, is it something wrong with the prices? Rest is all right?

•••
Well I believe there is still enough time ahead to sell some of them and make less painful....
Want to see how much 'time' to have to make it less painful?? Pull out what you consider to be your best 10, heck 20, and offer the rest up for just $20 each, and see how many you sell. Then next year, after you've renewed them 'all' again, offer them up for $25each, and see how many you sell!! And every year raise the price, so to recover your renewal costs and maybe make a small profit. You can bet the reality will be a bummer.

The thing is, there are many better names than these dropping everyday and not getting picked back up. And there's all those new extensions coming out. So to think (because they seemed good to you), they are going to be craved by others.., again, the safe bet is on 'reality'.

The advice to dump 90% of them, and buy a couple 'good' names, is one you'll wish you heeded in a couple years (if you're still around). You can defend your names all you want, but you asked for opinions from people that have been here longer than you, and probably have a better grasp on what 'quality' is, and what 'junk' is. Basically, reality!

•••
GoogleTop2.com = major TM issue, in fact the OP must already be in a monitoring list. Early deletion of that domain is highly recommended, the rest should be left to expire. I don't see many names worthy of renewal.
Good luck.

Besides GoogleTop2.com there are GoogleTop3.com, GoogleTop100.com and many other similar names.

Also, check out here http://www.digitalassurance.net/

Waiting for the news from the courtroom.

Thanx

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Valuation of your names is way over the top, sorry but 99.9% of them are worthless.
I dont think you could even pay someone to take them off your hands

Splendid! Tell me which one makes 0.1% it will cover renewals of the rest.
Thanx

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

i am sorry but in my opinion all of your domains are worth $0.

Delete them all or let them expire. You've lost a great deal of money imo.

It's all right, your appraisal is the most useful. Names have to be evaluated anyway. Thanx

•••
some times you have to learn the hard way, and you are.

•••
Globe, I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but what I already told you in a PM yesterday falls in place with what you are hearing here.

I would make sure none of them auto-renew and put the whole list on ebay. Try starting at a beginning bid of $299.99 with no reserve and see if you get any bites. I would rather get $299.99 back then let them just expire as is what you should do with them obviously. Heck I would rather get $99 back!

P.S. If you have regged any of these in the past few days I would check the refund policy!

Agree with you on an auction issue. Will certainly try it as well.

As I said before I was willing to get a strict judgement from the locals. Well, the common feeling is clear. I just hope to have more arguments, alike in johname's post. Nevertheless, I am grateful to all responding people here.

The names were regged earlier but I wouldn't go for refund, no way!

•••
You went on a bit of a spending spree. Sorry to say but the domains aren't worth much.

Listen we all make mistakes when starting out, heck I been selling domains for a while and I still buy iffy ones here and there and take chances. Nothing wrong with it as long as you can afford it and are willing to take the losses if your "hunch" doesn't pay off. I limit impulse buying cause I want to be profitable.

Anything with GOOGLE is a no nooooo. John and the others are being honest. Who cares if 1000 other sites use the word Google (illegally) . A TM is a TM for a reason and if they decide to drop the hammer you may be one of the unlucky ones that gets to go along for the ride. Google isn't even a word so you can't even argue on that. It's not even worth the hassle, most people wouldn't consider buying the domain anyway.

Best of luck in the future!

•••
Hi,
I'm a newbie too, so feel free to take my input with a grain of salt.

Personally I would stay away from any sort of abbreviation, like Yr, Y, Dev, Ops and Prop. The problem is that abbreviations do not get many search hits, since most people google the full word instead. However, an abbreviation may work as a 'brandable', but that makes it a tougher sell since the buyer will instantly need to like the sound of the domain rather than the added value it brings their business. IMO your abbreviation domains are probably too long and complex to work well as brandables.

Having said that, you are obviously very familiar with the oil and gas sector, and some of those domains look relevant. I checked up on some that I thought might have potential, and out of that bunch 'coiled tubing services' has >200 exact searches, a cpc of $1.72 and a suggested estibot value of $580. It's not fantastic, but you might be able to find a buyer. Some of the other O&G might be possible to sell too.

Personally, I trust Estibot's appraisals over those of Sedo and the other appraisal tools, although even Estibot yields too high values. I don't think you should try to price either these domains above $1,000, since that will scare any potential buyers off. Nobody likes to pay above market value.

I think you should consider using Estibot's appraisals as a price guide at this stage. The domains that get zero exact searches, zero ads and zero suggested value are probably not worth keeping.

I wish you the best of luck.:)

Hi,

I count on every post since it's author replies to my thread.

Agree, abbreviations and short versions are not good sometimes. Precisly for common searchers that are most of the people anyway. With proffesional there is another story.

It is a personal choice to like the stuff or to avoid it. No doubt, a right name can raise. With many ones out of the list I rely on buyers from specific bisiness. With the rest I am not sure but you never know, some buddy bought Yandex and has never regretted since then.

Thank you very much for estimations given to O&G names. I will follow your kind advice. Obviously, Sedo's opinion is not the ultimate truth. I just put it's quotations and a joke afterwards. I will consider lower offers too. Looks like I shouldn't put any benchmarks at all.

Thank you for the most useful appraisal. Have a great weekend.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Not a chance. As long as TM law exists.

There are plenty of infringing domains, that doesn't mean you are safe.
Google have lawyers on a retainer and they are very busy because of the never ending stream of infringing registrations. Maybe you will receive a C&D soon, or they might decide to file for UDRP or even sue. Then it gets ugly. They are used to it and I'm sure they don't mind making an example from time to time. I can't believe you want to pick up a fight against a mammoth :rolleyes:

Trademarked domains are liabilities, nobody will buy them from you. And they cannot be developed either. Drop them now, rather than learn the hard way later. There is zero upside in names like that.

As for the rest, the problem is not lack of thinking or insight. But there is no shortage of 'okay' domains if you are going to develop them. But for resale the names must not be okay - they must be appealing, brandable, memorable, generic, meaningful or outstanding in a way.

Unlikely that someone would want to buy a preowned domain if they can find available domains that are good/suitable for their needs.

By the way, do you know how many domains you've got, how much you have paid for them and how much it's going to cost to renew them all, and you have yet to make a sale. Do yourself a favor, dump everything you won't use, and allocate the money saved toward the purchase of one (or a few) quality domain.

Quality > quantity :gl:

Yes, TM law rules. And TM owners are fighting hard to protect it. I'm not going to get involved in it. I just keep watching.

By having google name on the list only, there is no violation, there is no any content or any traffic even. In fact, illegal was the name's paid registration provided by a third party. But I don't care since haven't gained a penny from it, I paid a reg fee insted. The civil and criminal liability does not imply any violation of Google rights since there is no profit received by me using its TM. That's why nobody is eager to by it.
Might sounds funny but I am slightly familiar with the topic. Hence, I will keep the name while they are busy with each other in front of high jury.

As for the rest I agree with you and looking forward to bump on a certain business buyer or it's broker seeking the right name. Which is meaningless to the rest, staying aside of this industry.

Ha-ha-ha, after I've got into it and given a birth to a bloody list of non-sellable beloved creations, you advice me to dump them all and go to buy one, but a quality one. Or a few even. What would I do with them, develop a website(s) about a loosy domainer?!
:D

Although, I agree that quality prevails on quantity.

Have a nice weekend.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Want to see how much 'time' to have to make it less painful?? Pull out what you consider to be your best 10, heck 20, and offer the rest up for just $20 each, and see how many you sell. Then next year, after you've renewed them 'all' again, offer them up for $25each, and see how many you sell!! And every year raise the price, so to recover your renewal costs and maybe make a small profit. You can bet the reality will be a bummer.

The thing is, there are many better names than these dropping everyday and not getting picked back up. And there's all those new extensions coming out. So to think (because they seemed good to you), they are going to be craved by others.., again, the safe bet is on 'reality'.

The advice to dump 90% of them, and buy a couple 'good' names, is one you'll wish you heeded in a couple years (if you're still around). You can defend your names all you want, but you asked for opinions from people that have been here longer than you, and probably have a better grasp on what 'quality' is, and what 'junk' is. Basically, reality!

This is a good advice of selling. Thank you. I will try all possible ways to sell them.

Yes, pretty tough is to find a good name in .com but I stick with it meantime. Out of others, comparably new, I noticed one, which I might try one day.

Will you recommend any of 'good' names, at least a couple? Want to see them.

Of course, I will defend my names. But none of argumentative opinions hurt me. Exactly, I call on people to leave their appraisals and thanks to all who made them.
I didn't expect a bigger bang of delight here.

Thanx again for reallity update.

Have a really great weekend.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

some times you have to learn the hard way, and you are.

Yep. Might happen too. Learning costs money. But I stay optimistic.

Hope you too. Have a good one.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

You went on a bit of a spending spree. Sorry to say but the domains aren't worth much.

Listen we all make mistakes when starting out, heck I been selling domains for a while and I still buy iffy ones here and there and take chances. Nothing wrong with it as long as you can afford it and are willing to take the losses if your "hunch" doesn't pay off. I limit impulse buying cause I want to be profitable.

Anything with GOOGLE is a no nooooo. John and the others are being honest. Who cares if 1000 other sites use the word Google (illegally) . A TM is a TM for a reason and if they decide to drop the hammer you may be one of the unlucky ones that gets to go along for the ride. Google isn't even a word so you can't even argue on that. It's not even worth the hassle, most people wouldn't consider buying the domain anyway.

Best of luck in the future!

No-no, I never said it wasn't a mistake to regg these names. But I can't say it was in respect of all of them. Not before registration expiry date. Even than I may think that hasn't made all possible efforts to find a right buyer or the price was not good enough. The bottom line is I made and regged the names now I ought to sell them.

Do you create domains too? Or prefer to buy them from someone and sell them after? Can you provide here any good names that you bought or sold before? - just to understand what they look like. All people recommend me to go for them straight away. But I have no idea what they are.

Google issue is absolutely clear to me. And used to be before. I know nobody is going to buy it.

Thank you and have a profitable trading.

Cheers

•••

My reasonable argument is from personal trial and error over time. Most of the comments made here are from others who have been there and done that in the past.

Successful domaining revolves around supply and demand. The truth is there is a huge supply of your type names and virtually NO DEMAND at all. So this simple fact brings no value to the names.

In todays domain market it's hard enough trying to make a decent ROI with good names. Your taking a gamble you are going to lose on.

Move on from these names, buy yourself a few good .com's and sit on them until the eggs are ready to hatch. You will be thanking yourself in the future.

Many take the road your on right now, and very few ever return. :imho:

•••
I'd be surprised if the whole portfolio attracted a $100 bid regardless of sales venue. Wholesale buyers will scan the list hoping to find a gem. No names jump out as high potential based on first impression or keyword metrics. The portfolio cost approximately $2116.50 (249 x 8.50) to register. Renewals ditto. Do a ten year life cycle analysis. Total cost ~$22K. Parking income maybe $500/decade. Can you tap $21.5K in sales by year 2022? I doubt it. My favorites are sweetcrudeoil.com, frackingservices.com and gasdrillingservices.com. If all 249 names were as good or better than these then you might sell 1% (2.5 names) per year for $XXXX each to unsolicited whois offers. Your pool of sellable names is not 249, it's more like 10, good for one $XXXX sale over 10 years. Red ink. Turn auto renew off. Auction themed lots, no min no reserve.

Consider a different business plan, same budget. Tighten your screens. Move up from grade C names to B or A. These dotcom names were reported sold recently for $2100 each or less: truckwraps, cannedtuna, hypothetical, coalgas, observance, definedcontributionplan. Hand reg or buy similar quality names for $XXX or less each, shop around, buy when there's blood in the streets. Avoid grade C. Kiss reg fee termites good bye. You'll build a decent portfolio in 10 years, more than paid for by sales. Good luck, welcome to NP!

•••
Can you provide here any good names that you bought or sold before? - just to understand what they look like. All people recommend me to go for them straight away. But I have no idea what they are.

This is the key question and unfortunately one that is very difficult to get a good answer to. Again, I'm a noob, so there are better qualified people out there to answer this, but I know exactly how you feel and want to try to help.

Apologies in advance, since this is going to be a very long post.

I started out same as you a month ago by posting my new-regged babies here on Namepros and they were all slaughtered. It was a bloody mess:)

Since then I have tried to get an idea of what constitutes a sellable domain, and I have sold one, albeit for a low price at the reseller market, and have just started marketing a couple of my domains towards endusers with some interest.

A good domain is a sellable domain, preferably one that an enduser is going to want to buy. To get an idea of what this is, you need to think like an enduser. An enduser is typically a shopowner who wants to catch visitors who are searching for his products. If he sells bikes, the generic domain bikes.com is the optimal domain for him. Of course, that domain is far too expensive for you and me to acquire, and therefore we need to narrow it down a little. A neat way of doing this is to add a location (geo) in front of the generic term (not after = fewer searches and lower value).

Let us experiment with the word "bikes". Estibot gives Bikes.com a value of $1M and 2.2M exact searches (you need to learn the difference between hyphenated and exact searches; exact is the one you are going for). Let's put a broad geo term in front of bikes: Californiabikes.com. Estibot returns a value of $340 and 317 exact searches. A narrower geo, losangelesbikes.com, gives only 55 exact searches and a value of $120.

A very good geo domain would contain a product that is much sought-after in that particular area. A basic example: Russiaoil.com is a much more valuable domain than Luxembourgoil.com. Compare them in Estibot. If you have not done so already, I would suggest buying the Estibot subscription that allows you to research 150 domains per day. I have learned a lot by comparing domains this way. It is also useful for checking what is most sought after of singular and plural terms (bike vs bikes).

As a general rule: Do not narrow down generic terms with 'my', 'the', 'awesome', etc., unless you know for a fact that people search for 'my bikes', 'the bikes' or 'awesome bikes' (and who does?). If a key string returns zero searches, it is going to be a hard sell.

If I were you, I would not try to sell my O&G domains on here; a domainer is not going to want to buy a highly technical term and you will not achieve full prices even for great domains. Instead you should try to contact a couple of relevant endusers, e.g. companies selling 'coiled tubing services' and who have a worse domain than you. Compare your domain to theirs in Estibot. The owner of coiledtubing.com is probably not going to want coiledtubingservices.com. But if their domain has a lower quality than yours, you may contact them and explain to them that you have a domain highly relevant to their business and which returns many searches. If they only sell within a limited area, you can check the exact searches for different countries in Google Adwords tools and use this as a sales point.

Lastly, please please PLEASE do not spam hundreds of endusers over the same domain. The numerous spammers out there might just kill the entire domain industry. I read on the very useful 'How to find endusers' thread on this board that a person was sending out 14,000 emails about the same domain. Such people force domain emails into the same category as viagra emails in the eyes of the endusers. Instead, write a few short, spell-checked professional emails giving your real name and full contact details. I have just started doing this, and I have received nothing but polite replies so far.

I hope this was of some help and apologise if it was too basic. Obviously, there is still a lot more to learn for me. Maybe my most important lesson so far is that, unlike real estate, domain holding is not passive income. There is actually hard, time-consuming, down-to-basic sales work needed to sell domains.

•••
... If a key string returns zero searches, it is going to be a hard sell ...
Wise words. Another test independent of adwords keyword tool (gakt) search volume is to type the exact SLD "key string" (use quotation marks) in google search. The result tells us if the phrase has meaning or is nonsense. Example: "insure bus rentals" returns zero organic results if we exclude the OP's parked page. Being the one and only indexed page would be a huge competitive publishing advantage if the phrase had mind share and if people searched with quotes. It doesn't and they don't. The phrase "insure bus rentals" quite possibly has never been published or spoken anywhere at anytime. Not a good SLD candidate.

•••
Many thanks to ecalc and Havela!

And to all forum members who took time and effort to review my long list and give detailed comments, I really appreciate it. All bits of advice given are real gems to me which I am going to hold tight and keep as treasure. The guidance offered is most useful.

I agree that not all my domains are good, many were registered to make a group like ensurecarrentals.com and ensurebusrentals.com, etc. to catch attention of an insurance business willing to expand on the net. The high-tech domains were registered to cover as many probable hits as possible so if a couple of them sells for a good price it’s worth doing. Some domains are awful and I’ll sell them for any price to cover the registration fee. Although I must say that on SEDO they show some traffic so they are of interest.

All my domains were registered with the end-user in mind, not the traffic they generate. In my opinion the end users don't analyze the traffic unless you give them the stats yourself, they rather think how their business will look on my domain. My list contains several domains like ComingToCinemas.com, Game7Live.com, SeasonGaming.com, HeapOfGold.com, RussianBullion.com, EternalYouthElixir.com, PaySand.com, SuperFrack.com, which I will renew until they find their buyer because I am sure they are very good to build one's site on. I can describe potential use for most of my domains therefore, in my mind, they have value more than its registration fee.

Do you really think I must get rid of RussianArcticOilAndGas.com and RussianContinentalShelf.com just because they generate no traffic? Or the 5-character D2oil.com, which stands for the most wanted diesel oil on the market shipped in megadollar batches?

I understand there are not many potential buyers for TacticalLaserSystem.com and NanoDefenseSystems.com, but the few there are have enough funds to buy my domains.
I agree with Havela that I must approach businesses who are my potential buyers and offer them my domains so I registered myself as a vendor with the largest O&G companies, waiting for the tenders now.

Lots of thanks to Ecalc for the explanation of how to test the domain for the word popularity, I've started using it in name screening although I rely more on the interest it may cause in the potential buyers mind than the traffic it attracts. Once again thank you all for the review and detailed explanation of your approach to the selection of domain names. Sorry if I didn’t mention anybody who volunteered his/her piece of advice, I find them all most useful.

Massive sales and big bucks to all!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back