IT.COM

Google PR "dead" and useless??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Redleg

Ultima Ratio RegumVIP Member
Impact
Just wanted to discuss a couple of things with the rest of you here.. :)

My opinion is that buying/selling PR domains and PR links is a useless thing right now..

You can in many cases get something completely different than what you bought in the first place.

Google hasn't updated the visible PR in 2-3 months (been three backlinks updates), so the real PR can be something completely different than the PR you can find on the toolbar or PR check sites now.
(google updates the PR internaly all the time)

There's also rumors on some of the largest SEO forums that google wont update the visible PR again at all...
This is to prevent buying/selling of PR links/domains.
Google wants links to be exchanged/gained/developed in the "natural" way...

The number of backlinks displayed in google isn't correct at all either...
(google shows 860+, but it's 2,700+ in Yahoo.)

So what's you thought about Google and the Google PR??? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well I never speculated on PR myself. I simply used to to help in determining ym sites status overall vs. other online sites on comparison.

The whole, "Build it to sell" thing I think in general has only hurt the internet and the nets users overall.

Im kinda bummed on a personal level that this has happened because it is one less free tool to use that was "somewhat" accurate. Its a shame the selfish online business' have ruined a tool that had good potential and good intentions.. they ruined it for their own personal gain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back