IT.COM

Good or bad?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DASHCAMCLIPS

Established Member
Impact
I was wondering: am I the only one who looks at all the names that are discussed here only to find myself regging a similar name with just that bit more punch? Today too I have seen a name here, and registered two names which are similar but more easy to sell.

On one hand I see it as business. You have a nice name, and if I find a variation which is better I will register it. But at the same time it feels a bit wrong. If I see a name which if slightly changed is way better and more easy to sell, should I PM you and let you know?

The point is that business should not always be about money and profit. If I help you, you help me. On the other hand: business is all about the money.

So being curious: what is your opinion?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get ideas from all over the place, NamePros is just one of those places. My problem is that I get too many ideas. My latest idea is a mouse that disconnects when it hovers over a register button. :)

•••
I get ideas from all over the place, NamePros is just one of those places. My problem is that I get too many ideas. My latest idea is a mouse that disconnects when it hovers over a register button. :)
Same problem here, so if you ever design that mouse send me the blueprint...

•••
For most people domaining is not a hobby, but a source of income.
If you post a forum thread that you found a nice available GOODDOMAIN.COM, you receive a few replies about how it's a fantastic name and I hand reg it before you manage... should I feel bad? Was it morally wrong?
We are all predators and vultures here. Law of the jungle.

•••
I was wondering: am I the only one who looks at all the names that are discussed here only to find myself regging a similar name with just that bit more punch? Today too I have seen a name here, and registered two names which are similar but more easy to sell.

On one hand I see it as business. You have a nice name, and if I find a variation which is better I will register it. But at the same time it feels a bit wrong. If I see a name which if slightly changed is way better and more easy to sell, should I PM you and let you know?

The point is that business should not always be about money and profit. If I help you, you help me. On the other hand: business is all about the money.

So being curious: what is your opinion?
just some babble. I would say if you are asking the question, you know the answer although I don't think there is a definitive right or wrong here.
Perhaps if someone who obviously does not speak English as their first language and is trying to register something in English and has a great idea but just barely misses it......he should be given some help but if English is their first language.....pillage away.

•••
I have sent out a “heads up” PM on the drops alerting people here of a name they might like based on their previous postings. Many people follow fads and trends hoping to capitalize on names with these vertical niches. Look at all the drone, VR, AR, Canna names being listed in the specific “I just purchased” threads. Daily I see tons of names drop in these niches too as I am sure there is too much inventory and not enough customers. If you have the energy to help other domainers, well then great. If you want only to be an opportunist and reg something better, do it. Maybe send a small check to the the domainer that inspired you if you in fact sell the name for a bunch.

One of first large transactions I voluntarily sent out a xxxx finders fee after learning the guy was not compensated at all as he was promised by the buyer.

I bought a name for this minimum $1 on NP here once. No other bidders. I sent the domainer $10 instead, just to make it feel better for me, and help with his loss of time and effort.

The point is, you have to live within your own ethical framework. All business people are not simply cut throat people. What goes around comes around.

•••
keep in mind there are a lot of crap names being registered and people trying to sell. If you are registering better crap... it's still crap.

always best to use your own judgement when buying names

•••
Hey, Guys, This forum is very supporting for me

•••
keep in mind there are a lot of crap names being registered and people trying to sell. If you are registering better crap... it's still crap.

+1

imo...

•••
My quest for " desirable domain names ", desirable to me and to my interests, comes from a multitude of sources, including NamePros.

Likely a few domain names first read herein have prompted or inspired my registration of a semi- similar type name but, never a real rip offish nor " name-with-dash " nor typo of a name.

Should I see a pattern of a keyword used by multiple posters I might be moved to evaluate that keyword as would fit my interests.

I tried about 100 name combos for a popular NP keyword yesterday and today to no reg avail.

And just as often a name I see and like of someone else's convinces me they have / had a better name or names and I reg no similar name.

Also get name reg inspiration from the depths of my mind, news, books, mags, TV ads, restaurant menus and more.

Domain names are a business and across all business sectors from brick and mortar stores to online entities, their products, services, and policies begin with one firm and are duplicated by others.

Domain names are a business product that if appealing or successful will be copied when lawful by many others.

•••
If it's available, register it.

Don't worry about the others. There's no emotion in business.

•••
For most people domaining is not a hobby, but a source of income.
If you post a forum thread that you found a nice available GOODDOMAIN.COM, you receive a few replies about how it's a fantastic name and I hand reg it before you manage... should I feel bad? Was it morally wrong?
We are all predators and vultures here. Law of the jungle.

I'd check out if GoodDomains.com is available for sure. If I did register it, I'd almost certainly not renew it after 2 years of registration. There may be exceptions. But as a general rule.

•••
Idk if any of you have ever been on namepros.com?? Im a member of that forum, and the activities you describe are unknown to me.

No one acts like a vulture unless it's auctions. In fact if you post a preappraisal, no one will reggae your names unless they ask permission.

Notonly that but members go out of their way to post good available domains. They also help you out with good/bad reggae.

But I do agree that most domains on auction are not that great. . . Like MarijuanasShop.com or something

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back