IT.COM

Good brokers for buying a domain (From possible non-English speaking owner)?

NameSilo
Watch

Elaxx

Impact
Most of the posts I saw here were about selling domains, however I want to buy one for my own use.

I previously tried to contact the owner, who is apparently in South Korea. I never received any response. I even had a friend in Korea try to call the listed number through a Korean speaking friend, but they couldn't reach anyone. I'm not sure if they tried really hard or anything, but at least they left a message, no response.

I put in a relatively low offer at Sedo.com just to see what they would say but they said they wanted me to increase my bid to $5,000. I might be willing to pay this amount, but my price range is more like $3,000. I am trying to get the .com but I already have the .us so paying for a .com instead of a .us is only worth so much to me personally. The owner is not currently using the domain and I would say the domain is slightly "niche," that is, it's not obviously related to online commerce or a specific place or type of business, however it's a single word in English so that is part of its value.

Anyway, any recommendations for the best broker/brokers when it comes to buying domains? Should I try to continue with Sedo or go elsewhere? In my case, I think it would have to be a broker with some decent resources, since we might have to use someone who can negotiate in Korean.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First off, make an inquiry direct to the whois email because sedo are gonna take a percentage of any sale through their platform. Take off their commission and that brings you a lot closer together.

•••
First off, make an inquiry direct to the whois email because sedo are gonna take a percentage of any sale through their platform. Take off their commission and that brings you a lot closer together.
Thanks for that. I did just send an email to the whois address, though I think I emailed the same address a while ago. I was first interested maybe 1-2 years ago, when it didn't work out I let it lie (also my offer was a bit lowball), but now I'm becoming a more motivated buyer.

•••
Thanks for that. I did just send an email to the whois address, though I think I emailed the same address a while ago. I was first interested maybe 1-2 years ago, when it didn't work out I let it lie (also my offer was a bit lowball), but now I'm becoming a more motivated buyer.

They maybe ignored ur first offer if it was too low.

•••
Hello,

there might be many reasons why your outbound email did not have response. I personally get lot of emails daily, and I focus only on those emails which are properly addressed, sender has serious signature, good command of English, etc. It is because there are lot of scams going on at daily bases, so many offers are just fake, appraisal scams, etc..one can see it almost immediately from the structure of such emails.

So when I send email, I really make sure I have all details sorted, like I use proper name, have signature with all my contact details, and I am clear about why I address the person. I also write longer email, so receiver sees some effort behind it. I get reply almost every time, although I am not saying it is always positive :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back