Dynadot

question How much is a domain broker worth?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jpariscoder

LAMP Dev 23 yrs expEstablished Member
Impact
I spent since circa 2001 as a LAMP Dev and entrepreneur. But, I am no spring chicken and looking to get help selling my investments, including domains. What would you say is a good percentage to give a domain broker, in your opinion? I figure it's time to let the young bucks handle the pain-in-rear work so I can focus on Dev. I am thinking that 25-30% is generous and competitive, do you folks agree?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A little off track but, more to the point. I think there is quite a misunderstanding about how, why and when a brokerage service will accept any domain. First they are not there to do the donkey work for average or low value domains or websites.

Their primary interest is in high value domains that either, NOT been previously offered on the market or those domains receiving frequent high offers but perhaps lower than the sellers expectations. (I'll include high-value auction captures) They want to work with domains of substance. The same can be said of Existing websites. If it doesn't show a consistent and reasonably high income there is really nothing there for them to work with. It's irrelevant how good the development may be.

The more experienced domain sellers offering their services will already have an expected minimum earning expectation and that wont be cheap. An average domain sellers envisaged potential for a domain is not of much interest or value, unless they personally have a record of selling high value domains or websites in the past.

Now there are some out there that may well take your domain portfolio onboard but they are mostly just freelancing. most wont have the contacts or knowledge to make any difference to your own efforts.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back