IT.COM

GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cheapquality

Account Suspended
Impact
The Go Daddy Group, Inc., parent company of GoDaddy.com, the No. 1 registrar of domain names, today announced the opening of its third call center. Located in Gilbert, Arizona, the new call center will initially seat 450-500 full-time employees, and is projected to reach its capacity of 1200-1400 full-time employees within a year. The decision to locate the new facility in Gilbert was based on the number of existing Go Daddy employees who call Gilbert home, as well as the fact that Gilbert is the second fastest growing municipality in the United States -- and thus, a future source of new employees. Go Daddy maintains two other call centers in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

im very impress with the future of godady :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting.Thats probably a good sign for the domain industry as a whole.

•••
Yes, that or they could be making a big mistake. IMO they are relying on the same growth in the industry as has been for the past year.... not a good plan.

•••
Wow!

How many domains get regged there then? If then can afford all them employees!

•••
Zeeble said:
Yes, that or they could be making a big mistake. IMO they are relying on the same growth in the industry as has been for the past year.... not a good plan.

They haven't just been growing since the past year, they've been the #1 registrar with new registrations for the past 3 years and are still continuing to expand. Bob is a business genius and I'm sure he wouldn't do it if he didn't think it would be beneficial to the Go Daddy company.

•••
It is not just there domains that that are pushing any more it is all the add on stuff.

I am about to give up on using them becuase I juste lothe wading through "buy this" or "buy that" I Just want a domain name.

•••
pynchon said:
It is not just there domains that that are pushing any more it is all the add on stuff.

I am about to give up on using them becuase I juste lothe wading through "buy this" or "buy that" I Just want a domain name.

Not such a big issue for me especially when we are talking for a professional and very responsible registrar with the best customer service out there... :tu:

•••
Zeeble said:

I agree somewhat,They paid a few million bucks for thier superbowl ad,Plus the promotion reg they just had.They'll still be here no matter though,Godaddy is awesome.

•••
Yeah, one could only help to think that they are making the money on the other stuff instead of the domains. They are a decent registrar I guess, which their push option was a bit easier (not so time consuming) like Namecheaps! Otherwise they are pretty decent and then the sale they just had for 3.42 domains was great. I picked up a bunch! :)

•••
Wearing Grey said:
They are a decent registrar I guess, which their push option was a bit easier (not so time consuming) like Namecheaps!

I don't really think a domain transfer is too overly painful with them. All you have to do is type in the new owner's information and hit submit. That can't take longer than a minute or so. ;)

•••
Do they really need that many employees? :$

•••
I am impressed with GoDaddy as well - that Bob Parsons has been in the (IT) industry for a LONG time, and he knows what he is doing.

GD is not just a domain registrar... they know how to co-sell products, manage loss-leader promotions (despite cherry pickers like me) ... and... they have GOOD support, both online, and in person.

I have no qualms in voicing my admiration, and satisfaction, with GD over the last 3-4 years.

Rob

•••
Well that is very impressive. grats to him and best of luck for his business future!

•••
pynchon said:

With GoDaddy, you can bypass all that promotional stuff now.

Of course, now eNom has put into place a bunch of promotional crap that you can't bypass. It's there even for their resellers.

AmCy

•••
Godaddy isn't too bad ad wise, you can always click: "I'm an expert user. Do not show me these value-added, specially priced products". That will make it skip all of the offers. :)

•••
Glad to see atleast a few companys are doing good in the American IT business :hehe:

•••
Indeed - they market to the general consumer market (who they count on purchasing ancillary products such as hosting, email, private domains, etc...) but also succeed in providing industry types (domainers, investors) a sufficiently suitable way of just getting the domain registered!

Rob

•••
As you hear this every where i might say it once again
GoDaddy is the best domain registarer :D

•••
True but I think they are getting too big they don't have time for small customers and don't have the support everyone.. Just people who pay 10's of thousands of dollars.

iNod

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back