Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

GoDaddy advice

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Carlos535

Established Member
Impact
11
Hi

When buying a domain through go daddy do all of you buy the extra protection cover ? Or is this something that just added protection that isn’t really needed.

As you buy a domian for £8.99 but at the end when paying they recommend the protection at £6.99 so it’s no long a cheap domain what’s everyone’s preference for the long time domainers recommended or not?

Cheers.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I never used so, all data is hidden anyway.
Don't overpay to Godaddy, I sold my Godaddy account with a domain, as buyer asked, few years ago and I'm happy on that:xf.wink: :ROFL: :xf.cool:

Never buy what Godaddy recommend:xf.wink:
IMO

p.s. Alibaba is fine for me, also I know Namecheap, Dyndot... offers the same simple privacy and all good.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I never used so, all data is hidden anyway.
Don't overpay to Godaddy, I sold my Godaddy account with a domain, as buyer asked, few years ago and I'm happy on that:xf.wink: :ROFL: :xf.cool:

Never buy what Godaddy recommend:xf.wink:
IMO

p.s. Alibaba is fine for me, also I know Namecheap, Dyndot... offers the same simple privacy and all good.
Really so it’s not recommended or advised? has anyone not been hacked or what ever they claim? That’ll save a massive amount of money not getting that every time.
 
0
•••
Really so it’s not recommended or advised? has anyone not been hacked or what ever they claim? That’ll save a massive amount of money not getting that every time.
It's not recommended or required. Your domain name is safe enough without paying any additional fees. It's just a greedy way to coax more money out of ill-infotmed buyers.

If you're still paranoid about losing your domain name, set 2FA on your account.
 
3
•••
It's not recommended or required. Your domain name is safe enough without paying any additional fees. It's just a greedy way to coax more money out of ill-infotmed buyers.

If you're still paranoid about losing your domain name, set 2FA on your account.
Cheers peeps for the reply’s that’s bloody annoying finding that out could have saved a few hundred on this.

Cheers.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back