Dynadot

GoDaddy Wants Me to Buy a Domain I Already Own

NameSilo
Watch

Bizaddy

Established Member
Impact
Today while logged into my domain manager area, they tell me that a domain I already have registered at a different registrar and already for sale on Afternic would be a great fit for me, along with a buy link to said domain.

That's some marketing intelligence.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you sure it is exactly your domain name? I sometimes get that with names that are very similar but not exactly the one I own (e.g. a plural).

•••
Are you sure it is exactly your domain name? I sometimes get that with names that are very similar but not exactly the one I own (e.g. a plural).

Yes Bob it is the exact domain I already own.

•••
Yes Bob it is the exact domain I already own.
How much are you going to pay yourself for it? :xf.grin:

(seriously hope it gets sorted out easily - you might want to not delay as it probably means someone has managed to list your domain name that they do not own).

•••
How much are you going to pay yourself for it? :xf.grin:

(seriously hope it gets sorted out easily - you might want to not delay as it probably means someone has managed to list your domain name that they do not own).

No worries, the link is to my for sale listing at Afternic, my exact price. Made me chuckle, that's all.

•••
Just shows that the GoDaddy system works! They know exactly the kind of domain you like!

•••
It happens - The day Godaddy sorts out it's own conflicting data records, even within it's own user/account interface is gonna be a miracle. Spends millions on advertising, pretty much bugger all on account or interface management. Their main problem is introducing new interface or other updates without reviewing/beta testing (data conflicts)

, along with a buy link to said domain.

That one is a simple conflict - it rejects at basket stage. They have far bigger problems than that

Last edited:
•••
Funny I'm reading this now... I had just done a screencap of a recommended domain...
Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 3.53.17 PM.png

I was like wha???? Huhhhhh???? I have no domains with "ski" or "prodigal" in the name. Not even remotely. LOL I guess GD is not quite batting a thousand. LOL

And by the way, I didn't buy it. But then again, the next time I was in GoDaddy, I actually bought the recommended domain! So, I'll let this one slide. ;)

Last edited:
•••
(btw when i said i bought "the recommended domain", i bought a DIFFERENT recommended domain. act quickly... prodigal.ski is still available. LOL)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back