IT.COM

GoDaddy vs NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Which out of godaddy and namecheap is good domain hosting provider.

Please share your experience.

I am on one.com and looking to switch in near future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namecheap all the way.
i've been with them since 2005 or 2006 and havent had a single problem. Love them.

They also have many facebook deals where you can get $1.99 .com/.net/org registrations :D

Godaddy has the worst website to navigate around, and too much BS.
Also not to mention Godaddy officially supported SOPA, which is very dangerous.

Also namecheap has some decent hosting packages for low prices.

•••
For the price, godaddy is a good registrar because you can find 100s of codes for things like 1$ domains, cheaper registrations and renewals as well as even free whois privacy.. but an overall view, they're both good I think. Namecheap is definitely a great registrar and you can't go wrong with it.

•••
I've been with Godaddy since 2005 and the only problems I've had with either hosting or domain managing I created myself simply because I didn't read the instructions properly. Godaddy has OUTSTANDING technical support that answers their phones within a few minutes & are very helpful in resolving issues. Sure, they do have some "IN YOUR FACE" up sale tactics during check out, but you can just click the "No Thanks" button & be done with all that. Their interface is only confusing at first till you get used to it, kind of like trying a new software, takes time to learn it. Once you do though, it's easy to navigate.

I haven't experienced any of the problems others have with godaddy in all the years I've been there so I really have nothing bad to say about them.

In addition Godaddy has some of the lowest priced domain coupons in the industry, consistently. There's always codes to save money, with godaddy, you can pretty much get a .com for anywhere from $0.99 up to $7.18 depending on the coupons active at the time, unlike namecheaps once every few months codes.

As for the SOPA thing, Most of that's all stretched out of perpetration by paranoid conspiracy theorist bloggers anyways, so I don't use that as a deciding factor when it comes to my domain business.

Just my opinion anyways, amongst millions of others,

Eric Lyon

•••
I didn't have problems with Godaddy as a registrar. However, I didn't have problems with Namecheap either, and I will probably move my 1 domain that's at Godaddy there as well.

Having only a few domains, I don't find the $4/domain/year that I could save with Godaddy to be a huge attraction, but I can understand that if you're a domainer (like so many people are here on Namepros).

•••
Namecheap.com - overall you will find that they are a better company. Godaddy in my opinion trys to over push products to an individual. - even after you purchase a service through them.

•••
I like Namecheap better. I am sick of Godaddy's dirty business, they keep on adding services I don't need in my cart and I have to remove it again and again just to avoid the extra payment. They are so pushy (agree with Ray) and in my own opinion its a not-so-professional thing to do.

Zidane

•••
More to add.. Godaddy also supports or supported sopa... So I refuse to use them

•••
I am a fan of godaddy.com , i can buy domains with discounts and they have unlimited promo if you are a good customer. you can also have a free email address and a free domain name. that is really cool.

•••
I am a fan of godaddy.com , i can buy domains with discounts and they have unlimited promo if you are a good customer. you can also have a free email address and a free domain name. that is really cool.

Why would I want a free email address by godaddy? For one, email addresses are normally free and can be set up on the hosting side of things with ease.. Never understood why godsddy did charge for email address.. 2 go daddy's email inboxes are constantly filled with spam. When I was an up and coming domaines I had one of those email addresses..

Most companies give you free domains. Name cheap had a similar promo a while bak

Last edited:
•••
Why isn't namecheap part of sedo MLS?........

•••
i think the best domain company is godaddy because their services are good .

•••
Web hosting is very competitive and there is plenty of choice. Why limit yourself to 2 companies.
I would not use a registrar for my hosting needs just like I wouldn't use a webhost to register my domains. It's best not to keep domains where you host your websites.
If you have an issue with your webhost they can't take your domains hostage.

•••
I do fully agree: it is much better to keep hosting and registrar separate. I do even go one step further: I use different companies for mail services too, companies that allow to use one's domain name for email, such as Pobox.com or FastMail.fm.

Now regarding your question: NameCheap and Dynadot (at the top) are the most pleasant ones to use - I mean their interface - and I had never any major problem with them. I don't like GoDaddy's interface. It is however true that for pushing or transferring domain names, GD can be very convenient, fast. Nevertheless, I prefer to have most of my domain names with other registrars. NameCheap and Dynadot offer good solutions. Moreover, if you have a sufficient number of names (and thus pay at least $500 in renewal fees), Dynadot offers attractive prices.

•••
I like namecheap, never had problems or heard from others bout them

•••
Those companies supporting SOPA should be killed. So go for namecheap :)

•••
Those companies supporting SOPA should be killed. So go for namecheap :)

Geesh...what an off the wall statement.

Think you had better either get better drugs or stop drinking coffee.

•••
I've hosted two domains at NameCheap and so far I'm very happy with them. Never tried GoDaddy though.

•••
Right now besides Namecheap I also use internetbs.net I am fond of using different domain registrars but not Godaddy as I have stated before.

We have the free will to choose and jump from one registrar to another as long as the deal is good and its a trustworthy company.

Zidane

•••
We use both for various different things and always have great luck with namecheap go for them..

•••
I am a namecheap fan personally :)

•••
Namecheap is the best I tried so far. Awesome live support, great discounts and has an easy to use interface

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back