IT.COM

domains GoDaddy took down abortionreporter.org

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
GoDaddy pulled the rug out from another Texas abortion whistleblower tip site that charged users $20 to submit a claim about a violation of the state's new abortion law.

Dan Race, GoDaddy's vice president of public relations, told Insider on Thursday that abortionreporter.org violated its terms of service.

"We have informed abortionreporter.org they have violated GoDaddy's terms of service and have 24 hours to move to a different provider," Race said. "The site violated our terms of service, including but not limited to, Section 5.2."

read more

jjj.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Leftist Godaddy hahaha

No shock or surprise.

Keep getting involved in polarizing debates

Samer

Last edited:
•••
an interview with the site owner would be great first question
"what type of drugs were you on when you thought any hosting company will allow your site to stay up ?"

•••
•••
GoDaddy locking down Brent Oxley's domains or shutting down 2nd amendment websites, or the motivations behind Epik's recent attack, you're unable to admit that what's often fueling many decisions is actually corrupt ideology.

You might want to take a look at the Brent Oxley thread. I don't care about his political views.
In fact, I was one of the people who was most passionate and lead the charge when it came to GoDaddy's actions being wrong.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/br...ions-of-dollars-worth-of-his-domains.1230431/

I am the one who actually brought it to the ICA, which helped lead to the situation being revolved.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy is picking sides; and it’s shameful.

Samer

Epik said the exact same type of doxxing site was against their own TOS. Is that picking sides and shameful as well?

No way to spin it. Your boy Rob is even against websites like this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Cool. Now answer this trivia question:

How many times do the phrases "Far right", "right wing", "alt-right" and "extreme right" appear in virtually every news headline regarding Epik after the hack?

But wait, none of this was ever fueled via politics and left wing ideology right? And if it is/was, motive simply isn't a topic you're interested in, am I right?

Unless of course the topic involves a crazy hard right website being taken down.

Then you're all about talking about it.

GoDaddy is a massive company, that as a registrar has around as many registrations as the next 10 largest registrars combined. They have a large number of clients across the political spectrum.

You can call them what you want, but Epik has gone out of their way to court and provide services to many fringe websites that were booted by several other registrars/hosts. That is not some secret.

Epik has a disproportionate amount of that type of client compared to their relatively small size.

The bottom line though is GoDaddy and Epik are in agreement that abortion doxxing sites violate their TOS.

This is not a GoDaddy issue. This is not a "free speech" issue. It is an issue to do with an unacceptable website, that both GoDaddy and Epik agree on.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy is a massive company, that as a registrar has around as many registrations as the next 10 largest registrars combined. They have a large number of clients across the political spectrum.

You can call them what you want, but Epik has gone out of their way to court and provide services to many fringe websites that were booted by several other registrars/hosts. That is not some secret.

Epik has a disproportionate amount of that type of client compared to their relatively small size.

The bottom line though is GoDaddy and Epik are in agreement that abortion doxxing sites violate their TOS.

This is not a GoDaddy issue. This is not a "free speech" issue. It is an issue to do with an unacceptable website, that both GoDaddy and Epik agree on.

Brad

Clearly the website mentioned in this thread is breaking TOS. I'm not debating you there. But what are you defining as "fringe"? What other sites are you referring to? Can you give examples? At least more than just two or three that justifies your claim that Epik carelessly and freely gives a home to what you're defining as "extremism"? Because if you really want to play that game, I'm rather confident that GoDaddy has hosted some "extreme" content as well. But we don't hear you speaking about that, do we? So, yes, please give some examples as to what you're referring to as "fringe" in regards to Epik.

Last edited:
•••
Rob may be one super weird dude
I remember talking to him on MSN or some chat system years ago, I actually liked him. Never got any bad vibes from him. I like that hes pro-freedom and hosted Gab when the authoritarians shut him down. As a Libertarian, that's a good thing. But the overlords don't like the people having freedom so they propagandize his company.

•••
Google is your friend? Google is literally the grandfather everything and everyone who's knee deep in political correctness and government surveillance. So let's use Google and see what pops up. Hmmm. Google is telling me that Gab.com is a social platform that has some extreme people on it, so it must be true. It must be way different than other platforms, because it's not as if Facebook/twitter has ever had users live stream actual murders in real time, right? It's not as if literal terrorists are active on both of those social platforms as we speak, right? Nah, that's not extremism, because, it's facebook and twitter.

Google tells me that Parlor is an alt right platform. Although they don't actually reveal why. But hey, that's def right wing extremism right? Because heaven forbid independent thought should stand without being censored.

Google tells me that Epik hosted an AR15 forum who's purpose is to hold discussion for those who have a desire to chat about AR15's, the most popular civilian rifle on the planet. Since guns are evil and must be banned, that must also be an extremist website, right?

But yes, Google is your friend. After all, with friends like that, who needs discernment? They tell you what to think and when to think it.

A user above commented that Epik's willingness and record for hosting numerous extremist websites is "no secret". Weird, because for something that is "no secret" you'd think that some of you would follow through and reveal at least a dozen or more, verifiable extremist websites that Epik was actually hosting. Many of you have bought into the agenda of redefining words like "extremism", and there within lies the rub. I'm willing to bet some of you wouldn't hesitate to label a Covid denier or someone who believes that the vaccine is poison, as an "extremist". This is dangerous territory. Some random, crazy Joe Public has convinced himself that the holocaust "never happened" or that covid is "fake", and people don't hesitate to dox and label that guy as an extremist, but an actual terrorist on twitter who is responsible for murders somehow gets a pass? Feel free to elaborate on those mental gymnastics.

If GoDaddy was ever hacked to this degree, you'd find countless unsavory, domain names that were registered, just the same. And Facebook? People would be utterly shocked at what they'd find if it was ever hacked. How convenient is it to claim that Epik disproportionately hosts a number of extremist websites and domains without having the deets on GoDaddy's database to compare and contrast such a claim? There's so much finger pointing and name calling. So many of you are always attempting to take the moral high ground, while injecting so much ideological bias and group-think bullshit into your worldview that you're unable to see straight.

The irony is that some of you sit there and type how none of this is really about politics while constantly using the trite reasons of "extremism", "alt right" and Rob's religious beliefs as the reasons for why Epik is so horrendous. Epik may have had some shitty security, there's obviously something with that, and I'm not saying that Epik didn't host any legit extremist websites. What I am saying, is that too many of you clearly love to cherry pick dangerous ideological witch hunts, as the world is burning all around you. Too many of you have clearly read the book "everyone I disagree with is an extremist".

The Epik hack is without a doubt, a cancel culture's wet dream, because America (and beyond) is so divided and blood thirsty now. We're on a terrible, terrible path and many don't see it and/or are simply apathetic to all of this, so long as you're selling domains and NFT's. Sadly, many of you naively assume that the very societal structures that support this forum and this industry will somehow automatically "exist" tomorrow despite the path that this world is on. What an utterly selfish, tragic position to have.

The depths of so many people's delusion and inability of seeing beyond duality is palpable, even via an internet connection. And I could seriously care less if some of you don't agree with my rant or believe that it's not "on topic", because the truth is that much of what I stated above is what's fueling many of the issues in today's and (tomorrow's) business landscape.
Fantastic post... You really nailed it with the truth! Well said!

Last edited:
•••
The law has no criminal enforcement. There is no such thing as reporting it to the authorities as there is no legal enforcement mechanism. The only recourse is via civil court.

When third parties are collecting private information, including medical records, to potentially be used in civil legal action that is an issue.

Any lawsuit would have to show who, what, where, when, etc. when it came to the abortion. People's private information would come out in court, even though they are not being sued.

Regardless of your thoughts on abortion, the entire framework of the law is flawed and is not compatible with almost 250 years of the US legal system.

Brad
Again, I specifically DIDN'T give my thoughts on abortion. I stated I was confused, as I had unsurprisingly heard some incorrect "facts" that had been thrown out around the internet. Your statement that there was no legal enforcement mechanism forced me to Google the topic because surely you had to be mistaken, even a seatbelt ticket has an enforcement mechanism. But no, you are correct. With this law they seem to have basically told Texas's anti-abortion citizens to go out into the streets with binoculars and camo to catch, then sue, any woman's DOCTOR (not the woman herself) performing an abortion. The whole thing is absurd. I didn't realize it was as absurd as it is, I thought it was simply a "no abortion after heartbeat" law with some kind of repurcussion if broken, fines or something. I don't even have any further comment, the law is ridiculous.

•••
You're not good at discussing things like a big boy, are you? That was rhetorical as well :)
This isn't grade school, if you can't accept you're incorrect about something then just don't say anything—more ignorance doesn't solve ignorance.
You can't call it nuance when they show excerpts from the Wikipedia page to quite literally every single term that you search, that has a Wikipedia page. FFS pick a battle that actually exists.
Have a good night.

You may have to go pound some sand, since I could care less what you think. lol.

The tragedy is that like so many others, you're utterly clueless and full of group-think, attempting to cat-call into the digital "ether" as a means to collect virtue tokens. So, have fun spewing bullshit to your fellow lemmings, It's certainly entertaining to read, I'll give you that much. Have a fantastic day!

Last edited:
•••
So then are you saying for the record, that you believe that GoDaddy's actions against Oxley were in fact primarily driven by ideology and politics within the work place of GoDaddy?

Nope. I think GoDaddy's actions were wrong. That is all I am saying. I am not assigning any political motives to anything.

From my understanding there was an initial mistake or misunderstanding in the legal department which lead to the domains being locked. Standing issues aside, there was no service of process, there was no court order, etc. This was later corrected and the domains were unlocked.

When stuff gets gummed up in a legal process relating to a major company, it can be rather complex to fix.

At first I didn't know of Brent's political beliefs. Later on when I did know, I did not care. This was simply an issue related to property rights and due process.

I don't want to sidetrack this topic, but you bringing up Brent Oxley just proves the fact it is not about politics. I was one of his biggest defenders when it came to getting his domains unlocked.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
And what was my opening comment on this thread, Brad? I said with you, it's never about politics, correct? So again, you're proving my exact point. You fail to ever recognize the motive. It doesn't get much more concise and clear than that.

Yes, again, we've now further established that you don't actually care how political ideology is in fact a huge driver for so much despair and destruction in today's business landscape. But hey, let's keep pretending that the Oxley case was just some neutrally positioned dispute about property rights, instead of attempting to speak about the elephant in the room, right? It's great that you assisted Oxley, kudos for you. But attempting to "solve" any of these problems without looking at the motive is devoid of logic. It's like trying to pump the stomach of 3rd time suicide patient without wanting to ever look into perhaps what's driving them to commit suicide in the first place.

Outside conspiracy theories, and wild accusations I never really saw any credible evidence that GoDaddy's actions were politically motivated in that case.

I understand how legal departments in large companies work, and their explanation of what happened is quite plausible.

Regardless, GoDaddy acknowledged their mistake and the situation was resolved. If the other party has a complaint vs Brent they can serve him, and the case can proceed in an actual court.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Trivia Question -

Q. Which (2) web hosts said the Texas Right to Life website ProLifeWhistleblower.com was against their TOS?

A. GoDaddy and Epik.

Last edited:
•••
Elaborate on what you're referring to when you say Epik has "that type of client".

Gee, I figured I already explained that pretty well.

You can call them what you want, but Epik has gone out of their way to court and provide services to many fringe websites that were booted by several other registrars/hosts.

They do have a disproportionate amount in relation to their company size.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Leftist Godaddy hahaha

No shock or surprise.

Samer

I too am leftist. But I am once again glad to move my domains from Godaddy around 10 years ago.

•••
The scary thing here is that a domain registrar is dictating what content hits the World Wide Web.

It’s like an internet firewall. Where have we seen that before?! Hmm

•••
I'm very confused about what this "abortion whistleblower tip website" is.
So, what I'm gathering is that if you had evidence of someone having gotten an abortion, you could submit it to the website? And then the website would do what, report them to the authorities? The state of Texas itself was offering a reward for tips regarding illegal abortions, but I don't see where you're getting doxxing from. Sure, if they were being reported to the authorities by the website because of the snitches, I agree that is wrong in principal and that the site shouldn't exist, but were they releasing this information to the public in attempt to socially "cancel" these people? If it wasn't publicly released then I don't understand the doxxing angle, but I'm not taking a stance on any of it; I'm just attempting to understand whats going on in this thread lol.

As for GoDaddy taking the website down—Eh, doesn't surprise me. I'd need to know more about how the site was handling their information before I made a decision on my own opinion of whether or not the site should have been taken down on purely a moral aspect. That being said, GoDaddy 100% had the right to take the site down because if any ACTUAL medical data belonging to the ones being snitched on was transmitted through that website, then they were 100% in violation of HIPPA Laws and who knows how many other privacy laws and that is a system GoDaddy would have been dumb to get tangled up in.

Again, don't come at me sideways because I asked questions, stated a fact, or an opinion; If you don't know the difference in those three things, then please just don't respond to me. I'm not interested in getting caught up in any nonsensical arguments over abortion on a domain forum about an article about a domain registrar's decision to give a likely illegal snitch's website 24 hours to move to another host/registrar.

The law has no criminal enforcement. There is no such thing as reporting it to the authorities as there is no legal enforcement mechanism. The only recourse is via civil court.

When third parties are collecting private information, including medical records, to potentially be used in civil legal action that is an issue.

Any lawsuit would have to show who, what, where, when, etc. when it came to the abortion. People's private information would come out in court, even though they are not being sued.

Regardless of your thoughts on abortion, the entire framework of the law is flawed and is not compatible with almost 250 years of the US legal system.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Again, I specifically DIDN'T give my thoughts on abortion. I stated I was confused, as I had unsurprisingly heard some incorrect "facts" that had been thrown out around the internet. Your statement that there was no legal enforcement mechanism forced me to Google the topic because surely you had to be mistaken, even a seatbelt ticket has an enforcement mechanism. But no, you are correct. With this law they seem to have basically told Texas's anti-abortion citizens to go out into the streets with binoculars and camo to catch, then sue, any woman's DOCTOR (not the woman herself) performing an abortion. The whole thing is absurd. I didn't realize it was as absurd as it is, I thought it was simply a "no abortion after heartbeat" law with some kind of repurcussion if broken, fines or something. I don't even have any further comment, the law is ridiculous.

The "your" I was using was just in general, not just you specifically.

It also gives standing to unrelated, uninjured third parties, even outside Texas.

Abortion aside, the entire framework of the law makes no sense. It could easily be abused in any number of other creative ways.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Leftist Godaddy hahaha

No shock or surprise.

Samer

Your buddy Rob Monster told Texas Right to Life they couldn't operate their abortion doxxing site on Epik either. It violated their TOS. So yeah...Leftist Epik?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
(from the same article Lox already mentioned)

GoDaddy took down another Texas abortion whistleblower tip site that charged people $20 to submit a claim

The "Terms and Conditions" page also reveals that the website is run by a
Wyoming-based company: Convenience Pro LLC. Wyoming's secretary of state
records show the company was created on September 7 — mere days after Texas
Right to Life's tip site, prolifewhistleblower.com, went offline after
encountering similar domain and web hosting difficulties with GoDaddy and

Epik.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ano...istleblower-tip-site-godaddy-took-down-2021-9

Yep, according to Samer I guess Epik must be leftist as well. :xf.rolleyes:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Google is your friend? Google is literally the grandfather everything and everyone who's knee deep in political correctness and government surveillance. So let's use Google and see what pops up. Hmmm. Google is telling me that Gab.com is a social platform that has some extreme people on it, so it must be true. It must be way different than other platforms, because it's not as if Facebook/twitter has ever had users live stream actual murders in real time, right? It's not as if literal terrorists are active on both of those social platforms as we speak, right? Nah, that's not extremism, because, it's facebook and twitter.

Google tells me that Parlor is an alt right platform. Although they don't actually reveal why. But hey, that's def right wing extremism right? Because heaven forbid independent thought should stand without being censored.

Google tells me that Epik hosted an AR15 forum who's purpose is to hold discussion for those who have a desire to chat about AR15's, the most popular civilian rifle on the planet. Since guns are evil and must be banned, that must also be an extremist website, right?

But yes, Google is your friend. After all, with friends like that, who needs discernment? They tell you what to think and when to think it.

A user above commented that Epik's willingness and record for hosting numerous extremist websites is "no secret". Weird, because for something that is "no secret" you'd think that some of you would follow through and reveal at least a dozen or more, verifiable extremist websites that Epik was actually hosting. Many of you have bought into the agenda of redefining words like "extremism", and there within lies the rub. I'm willing to bet some of you wouldn't hesitate to label a Covid denier or someone who believes that the vaccine is poison, as an "extremist". This is dangerous territory. Some random, crazy Joe Public has convinced himself that the holocaust "never happened" or that covid is "fake", and people don't hesitate to dox and label that guy as an extremist, but an actual terrorist on twitter who is responsible for murders somehow gets a pass? Feel free to elaborate on those mental gymnastics.

If GoDaddy was ever hacked to this degree, you'd find countless unsavory, domain names that were registered, just the same. And Facebook? People would be utterly shocked at what they'd find if it was ever hacked. How convenient is it to claim that Epik disproportionately hosts a number of extremist websites and domains without having the deets on GoDaddy's database to compare and contrast such a claim? There's so much finger pointing and name calling. So many of you are always attempting to take the moral high ground, while injecting so much ideological bias and group-think bullshit into your worldview that you're unable to see straight.

The irony is that some of you sit there and type how none of this is really about politics while constantly using the trite reasons of "extremism", "alt right" and Rob's religious beliefs as the reasons for why Epik is so horrendous. Epik may have had some shitty security, there's obviously something with that, and I'm not saying that Epik didn't host any legit extremist websites. What I am saying, is that too many of you clearly love to cherry pick dangerous ideological witch hunts, as the world is burning all around you. Too many of you have clearly read the book "everyone I disagree with is an extremist".

The Epik hack is without a doubt, a cancel culture's wet dream, because America (and beyond) is so divided and blood thirsty now. We're on a terrible, terrible path and many don't see it and/or are simply apathetic to all of this, so long as you're selling domains and NFT's. Sadly, many of you naively assume that the very societal structures that support this forum and this industry will somehow automatically "exist" tomorrow despite the path that this world is on. What an utterly selfish, tragic position to have.

The depths of so many people's delusion and inability of seeing beyond duality is palpable, even via an internet connection. And I could seriously care less if some of you don't agree with my rant or believe that it's not "on topic", because the truth is that much of what I stated above is what's fueling many of the issues in today's and (tomorrow's) business landscape.

Well, you asked for sources. There's a lot of info all out in the open atm. If you dislike Google, no need to write a book about it, just use DDG or whatever you're comfortable with. Try the dark web. It's all there.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you posted actually. You raised some valid concerns albeit beyond the scope of this thread.

•••
Clearly the website mentioned in this thread is breaking TOS. I'm not debating you there. But what are you defining as "fringe"? What other sites are you referring to? Can you give examples? At least more than just two or three that justifies your claim that Epik carelessly and freely gives a home to what you're defining as "extremism"? Because if you really want to play that game, I'm rather confident that GoDaddy has hosted some "extreme" content as well. But we don't hear you speaking about that, do we? So, yes, please give some examples as to what you're referring to as "fringe" in regards to Epik.
he means anything his overlords dont approve of.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back