Domain Empire

GoDaddy...is it just me?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is it just me or does this happen to others?

When I sell a name at GoDaddy and I contact the buyer for their GD information, they usually just send me their account name. This happens more than 50% of the time.

Of course that is no good to me as GD requires:

First and last name
address
city
state
country
zip
phone
email.

Are there that many buyers out there that don't use GoDaddy, or do they just not realise that their user name is of no use when pushing/transfering at GD?

Not a biggie but just a little frustrating (things would be so much simpler if they would just let you push like so many other Registrars).

There, I feel better already.
ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get that too. I think that godaddy should offer something, like eggpay.

If you use eggpay, there is no point reading below:
basically, you send the domain (to "nowhere" really), but just give a password. Then, the person you are pushing to goes to "pick up a domain" and puts in the password (which YOU tell them). It is so much easier! :)

•••
I have the same thing happen-- and I've actually done the same thing happen as well. They should have a simple push system like namecheap or domainsite.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back