IT.COM

GoDaddy - How Do You Opt Out Of 60-day Domain Transfer Lock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I tried searching other threads, still not clear. GD pushes in the past were smooth, this year they are not. Had this issue earlier in the year, had to go back and forth with my rep. They acknowledged there was an issue. There is still an issue.

So I sell a domain using Escrow.com

Buyer has a GD account and we decide on a push.

I start the process, get the first email:

You've named a new owner for one or more domains.
There is a Review and Approve Update link I can click, right below that link it says:
Here's one more ICANN requirement you should know about.
You'll be prompted to opt in or out of a 60-day domain transfer lock. So before you do anything else, check if the new registrant plans on moving the domain(s) during that time.

I click the link it goes to this page:
Confirm Contact Information Update

It has Current Contact Information and New Contact Information.

I only have 2 links I can click on that page:
Yes, Update Contact Information
No, Don't Update

I click Yes.

Then I can an email from GoDaddy saying Ownership update is cancelled.
Buyer emails me - "It says there’s a 60-day transfer lock on it, which you need to remove prior to the push."

What I can't find now and before, is how/where do you opt out of that lock. There is nowhere on that landing page to do it. Buyer wants to move it to another registrar after the push.

Thanks.

@Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ah damn, nevermind. Was just going over the emails from last time:

"We have reviewed this and have confirmed that this process is correct and a 60 day contact lock is placed on domains that are account changed. If this is something they want to avoid then the account change would need to be submitted with the contact information unchanged. Once the domain is on the gaining side they will be able to edit it and opt in or out of the 60 day lock."

@Joe Styler So this isn't anything I can do on my end, correct?

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
No the only other thing you can do is leave the contact info unchanged at the time it moves.

•••
Back