GoDaddy for hosting?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

liam_d

The original NP Emo KidEstablished Member
Impact
25
Im looking at godaddy.com and its 9.95 a month for 500gb bandwith...has anyone had an experience with godaddys shared hosting?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
So no resume are they ok enough or not?
 
0
•••
what I've read lately about godaddy it is a good register (i'm hosting all domains with them) but very bad hoster.
 
0
•••
This thread has silenced a while back, and all I can say is that the web is so full of information with no evidence. Junk. So full of it, so sick of reading it all over. GoDaddy this GoDaddy that. THey have started their hosting business a few years ago, and ever since they did, it seems like people have been throwing stuff at them, however I see things differently. I did call them last night, cause I could not find answers to a few questions on their site. So, I got in touch in less than 2 minutes, first try. I then called back and it took nearly the same time, and I was connected to a different representative.

I paid the 4 bucks a few weeks ago to test their stuff. So, what can I say. They keep yelling about GoDaddy's "horrid" hosting service for years now, I read posts more than 2 years old. If they were true and well based, GoGaddy should have been gone by now, cause nobody stays alive for that long with a service like theirs from what was being posted.

I won't crack my head heck all, I just want to point out that names like RamboHosting and JumboHost and MumbaHost (hope I did not touch any real hosting names, if so sorry) are ten thousand times more likely to disappear over night than GoDaddy. I know what it is to hold a dedicated server, and I know what it takes to become a webhost. It is not that big of a deal to stay in bed and do support. And all it takes to add more bandwidth is to log in to your WHM or Plesk and there we go, "we just got better".

I want facts. Not bulls.hit. I wonder why GoDaddy is still around. And absolutely no wonder why they don't pay much attention to this. They catch their clients on low prices and get their money out of the extras, they are still the best domain registrar. What makes one thing they will go under water one day? If I were Bob :) I would either not bother offering hosting of would make sure it doesn't spoil my image.

"Good domain registrars are bad hosts". Says who? Based on what fact? Sick minds, that's what it is.

addon said:
what I've read lately about godaddy it is a good register (i'm hosting all domains with them) but very bad hoster.
Very bad hoster, bla bla based on what? I want to hear things like "this is my website, please test it, www.blabla.com running like sh.it. Because GoDaddy is the host."

Time to grow up.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Want more? There's plenty if it. Just GOogle. Oh and by the way, Google sucks, does it?
 
0
•••
I use to have an account with zoneserv but they practically switched servers every week. It was horrible. So I got my own dedicated server. :)
 
0
•••
I am also considering buying a test hosting account from 1and1.co.uk not because of the huge negative feedback, but because they are the fastest, really fastest host to deliver to my location.

One thing I cannot clarify before that is what type of domains they support, they say much about .co.uk but I was wondering if other tld's can be hosted with their UK branch, and if so, I am not sure whether I have to transfer the domains to them or I can just point the DNS to their servers. Still investigating...
 
0
•••
I hate godaddys hosting the cotrol panel sucks and their customer service was poor.
 
0
•••
Actually I just ordered a godaddy account with 50Gb space and 500Gb bandwidth just to use for my video site (some video files) and for now its actually quite fast. I will not go further with there services, but there control panel has improved allot. Its much better than there old one, and I actually figured out how to con-fig the mysql, as before it made no sense. Also its much more efficient than before.
For beginners, I would use godaddy. Quite fast too.
 
0
•••
StackedTech said:
I use to have an account with zoneserv but they practically switched servers every week. It was horrible. So I got my own dedicated server. :)

We did not switch servers every week, just an example from two of our servers:
02:03:47 up 91 days, 15:55, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.19, 0.19
09:04:05 up 30 days, 13:54, 1 user, load average: 0.27, 0.38, 0.37

One is up for more then 3 months, and the other one a month (with no reboots).

We only switched 2 old servers into 2 new servers in order to improve our services, and that was months ago, all of our servers are now atleast 2.8GHz with atleast 2GB RAM.

Average uptime for March 2006 was 99.97%, now if that's bad for you; you should do some searchings.


Have a pleasant week,
Gil - ZoneServ.com.
 
0
•••
Gil are you around at the moment ?

whats happening with the servers ?

georgie
 
0
•••
0
•••
i had a test account with godaddy for hosting some stuff
very fast speed for downloadig/uploading normal "speed" for php stuff
i'm not unhappy with them, for the price i paid it was a very good experience
 
0
•••
misscalais said:
Gil are you around at the moment ?

whats happening with the servers ?

georgie

Yes Georgie I'm around, what's happening with the servers?
May's average uptime on all server was 99.99% so really, what is happening?
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back