Dynadot

GoDaddy Economy hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RaiderX

Established Member
Impact
Last year I registered 12 months for hosting @ 1.99p/month not realising they would jack up the price so much @ 7.99/p month. What would be my best option to pay? I like Godaddy's hosting but for a free site $100 a year is a little too much for the little bandwith/etc it takes in. Are there any renewal coupons for hosting (all I can find are for new hostings)?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jumping from 1.99 to 7.99 sounds too much. I'd recommend to move for the better price / performance provider.
Many hosting companies would be happy to migrate your account(s) free of charge.

•••
I suggest that you move to a better web host with reasonable prices. Also in terms of web hosting, Godaddy is far from being a reliable hosting provider.

You can check the "Web Hosting Offers" section, there many offers there.

•••
Godaddy is known for its domain sales over really being a hosting company. There are many hosts,with years of experience and specialization in the industry, who have excellent pricing as well as special offers that allow you to sign up for a feature packed plans with plenty of resources and high quality services and support. Consider a web host that offers the industry leading control panel, cPanel which is rolled into the package price for many shared hosting plans. cPanel offers a level of control that makes managing your hosting account and website very easy.

•••
It's interesting what decision OP has made and if it's possible to share with us.
Thanks!

•••
I didn't have much time to research the best hosting, prices etc. due to needing to renew quickly and no time IRL so I went with the Godaddy renewal. Got $15 off with a coupon.

•••
Thanks for your reply. Hope your next experience with them will be better :)

Cheers!

•••
Try to gather as many reviews about its web hosting services (both positive and negative) and serve these as basis in choosing web host providers.

•••
Last year I registered 12 months for hosting @ 1.99p/month not realising they would jack up the price so much @ 7.99/p month. What would be my best option to pay? I like Godaddy's hosting but for a free site $100 a year is a little too much for the little bandwith/etc it takes in. Are there any renewal coupons for hosting (all I can find are for new hostings)?

The whole idea of such promotion is to get you into using it for low price, then 1 year later when/if you like it, ask you to reconsider it at a regular price. My suggestion if you like it and if it works for you - stick with them. Think will it worth trouble to move your sites to a different cheaper host if that host later not going to perform as per your expectations?

•••
I previously had a section mentioning free web hosts that I had found noteworthy. However, as I have not had a major site hosted on a free web host since 1999, my knowledge of good free web hosts quickly became dated, and is now hopelessly obsolete.

•••
Apologies for bumping an oldish thread.

free web hosts have got better but they are all freemium based these days (or seem it), they have a free account then you pay for upgrades

I recently tried one (about a few weeks ago - needed to test a script thats all) and it was a joke.

2GB space, plenty of bandwidth, a database, cron jobs, etc

149MB later there was a problem with my account, seems I exceeded the allowed inodes... so how exactly could the average website scale up to 2GB?

The hosting was otherwise stable, I could have upgraded for a few pounds a month for more database, more space and more inodes... but you would expect not to outgrow it in 2 days!! Just under 14 times below the diskspace. I am sure it might have been fine for a static website.

•••
There are hosts out there offering $1.99/mo basic web hosting, probably more reliable that GoDaddy too. HawkHost, GreenGeeks, I think have pricing in that range...

•••
The only thing I would ever use GoDaddy for is domain registrations. Nothing else. Speaking from experience.

•••
You'd better go to cheap, paid hosting, you can get nice plans from EUR 1.99 mo. with live chat support and good managed servers. If you're serious about your site, never host with free services, nothing is free, and if so, they don't care much about your project, but to get more traffic to their self, or just force you to upgrade after some time.
Regarding domain registrations, most reputable hosting companies have this feature available and sometimes even cheaper ($9 - $12 /yr.) then Godaddy.

•••
Choose a host who understands your specific needs, and who can sit down with you and talk about what your needs are, and how that host can accommodate for those needs.

•••
^ and has a great, professional customer support ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back