Domain Empire

GoDaddy Expired or HugeDomain Expired Source ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
My purpose of creating this thread is to discuss about HugeDomain's action in auctions, not to backbite GoDaddy.
As you can see, 80% of domains on GoDaddy Expired Auction will be in HugeDomain acquisition list.
They buy tons of names everyday by
BOT. They get early bid on every domain that has over $2k in Estimate Value. AND THEY WILL IMMEDIATELY BID AGAINST YOU IN ALMOST DOMAINS THAT YOU BID IN THE LAST 5 MINS WITH THE THINKING THAT NO ONE (OR JUST A FEW GUYS) KNOW ABOUT THE VALUE OF THOSE DOMAINS by BOT, of course.
In Premium Domain Niche, almost names will be bought by real domainers, because they know the value and they are willing to bid over hundred or thousands bucks for them.
But in the medium or low quality niches, HugeDomain wins all their wars with their BOT and their Huge Pocket - They will buy a name for over $200 or $300 and stick Buy-It-Now for those names on their main site with only $1k5 or $1k4.
If you wait for the domains to appear in CloseOut, just waste of time, because your nightmare will get them by their BOT.

The time for snapping domains in the last 5 mins or CloseOut will end soon.
So what do you think ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what do you mean it will end soon?

gd is happy when anybody buys their names.. the more the better.. they do not care if its bot. as long as bot pay bill ;)

Last edited:
•••
I dont see anything wrong with this. The world is run by money and I am sure if many domainers were able to do what HD is doing then they will do. It is just money. Nothing else.

•••
The time for snapping domains in the last 5 mins ... will end soon.
I think this ended a long time ago already. You're almost guaranteed that one or more bots will take the bidding up to $XXX, even if you place a bid when there are just 5 minutes left (bots get notified about you bid via GoDaddy's API, so while a last minute bid makes it harder for humans to discover your bid, it doesn't make it any less likely for it to be detected by the bots).

•••
I used to place my bids mostly at the last remaining 5 minutes and there is no bid till then. After I place my bid, there comes the BOT merchants, some times they will drag the price from $ 12 to $ 999. These things happened to me in Godaddy auctions, not once, but more than 100 times. We are just helpless. You can not protest even.

•••
HD has been doing this for a long time now and there are various threads about this at NP and no matter how frustrating it is for everyone else, it's hard to do something about it - Many have said that it's not a profitable model (to buy for low xxx and sell for low xxxx) but HD does not seem to care and continues to buy as if it is.

•••
Only solution is bid on bad domains and let the bot get them for xxx

•••
•••
If there are multiple bots (Huge Domains, etc) blindly following these late bids then theoretically they would be bidding against each other. Collectively the domaining community could bid on a variety of low-quality expiring domains, allow the blind bots to bid against each other until the bid broke above the limit of the other bots. The blind bots would find themselves with loads of unsellable inventory which with enough time would be rather costly. We have already seen how much crap inventory Huge Domains holds and priced at low $xxxx. Imagine if their low-quality holdings were to mushroom. What would that do their finances? Especially if they renewed all that crap for a couple years because a machine cannot visually distinguish between a good domain and a bad one. Their website algorithm probably looks at site visits to specific domains -retaining those with more interest but perhaps eventually dropping those with no interest. What if domain investors were to visit the pages of those bad domains playing with their algorithm - making it think someone might be interested in that domain - but never buying. Hmm...

•••
Only solution is bid on bad domains and let the bot get them for xxx
How about instead of taking revenge, we start making a another "bot" filled up with lots of cash.

•••
99% of domains we drop are picked up by HD. GD evaluation is off as is any automated eval tool. I am still seeing domains that are of much better quality than many offered here on auction go to "bargain bin" on GD (after closeout gets no bids). So don't lose hope, you can still get deals on GD auctions. Just picked up a great name for $115. Had at least 5 other bidders. I'm sure HD was one of them.

Last edited:
•••
99% of domains we drop are picked up by HD. GD evaluation is off as is any automated eval tool. I am still seeing domains that are of much better quality than many offered here on auction go to "bargain bin" on GD (after closeout gets no bids). So don't lose hope, you can still get deals on GD auctions. Just picked up a great name for $115. Had at least 5 other bidders. I'm sure HD was one of them.

never mind losing to dumb bot....
but having to pay much more for each name because of them..now thats gotta suck....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back