IT.COM

GoDaddy Don't forgive their customers ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nabeel Zafar

Impact
[sorry for bad english]
hi,
Backgroung
I am using godaddy for hosting two domains. I was using this without any problem and then I tried to bid on a domain with $10.50 (just to try godaddy auction) but I by mistake wrote $1050 (maybe because they don't allow "." in price) and godaddy confirmed it and reduced the closing time of bid from 18 days to 7 days.

Struggle
I sent them many email to godaddy support team that this was because of a typo but they did not listen and said you can't cancel it now and you have to pay $1050. I tried everything to explain them but all in vain.

Suggestions
Now what should I do ???? Now only 6 days are remaining for bid to close.
Can they subtract money automatically from my PayPal.
Can I have option to not to pay them?
If I do not pay them what will they do?
Will they block or Suspend my account (of godaddy) where I have two domain (1 of them is very important to me.)?
Help
Please help me. How can I save my $1050.
thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just don't pay it

They can't take it from your paypal

Make sure none of your credit card or paypal info is stored in your godaddy account

That sucks

You will probably have your account locked or at least be banned from tdnam

•••
If I was experiencing the same thing, I might...

1. Download a screen recording utility
2. Go to the domain auction and bid something like 1050.50
3. If it changes the bid to 105050 due to bad programming on their part, send a copy of the video to godaddy
to demonstrate their problem.
4. If they fail to cancel the bid that was caused by their error, post video on youtube and then let others know about it via the forums, facebook, and twitter.

•••
Let me clear first, I am a newbie.. and hope the following will help you.. Experts.. please correct this one if something wrong..!!

Don't worry in the worst scenario you will loose your account.. but before that do these things.. DON'T WAIT FOR ACCOUNT SUSPENSION or LOCK

1) Make sure none of your credit card or Paypal info is stored in your godaddy account (as suggested by LLL)

2) Hope there are no Good as gold points in your account. If there is GaG the redeem the or transfer to another account as soon as possible.

3) You said "I have two domains" in that account.. so immediately push both domains in your friend's account .. (don't even think about any virtual friend) otherwise create a new GD account (on relative's name) & push domains to that account.. Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
Remove all the payment info from your godaddy account
They will close the tdnam account, that's all

•••
Thanks for your advises.
I had 2 paypal accounts on godaddy but they only allow me to delete one. When I try to delete that account they said there must be at least one alternative for payment. Will it works if I block godaddy from PayPal account.
and one more thing I even don't register for godaddy auction. I don't know how they just accept that bid.
What about transferring my domains to other host

Last edited:
•••
I am restricted paypal use from India (every Indian is) .. so I can not help you in that issue. I use paypal just to receive payments.. :)

You need Godaddy auction account for putting your domains for auction, and for buyers an ordinary GD a/c is enough to place bids.. :)

I repeat DON'T WAIT FOR ACCOUNT SUSPENSION or LOCK .. many experts on NP can guide you. If they are not replying in this thread then GO meet them in PM personally O_o

•••
just add a new godaddy account and bid that domain with higher than that price

•••
Thanks for your advises.
I had 2 paypal accounts on godaddy but they only allow me to delete one. When I try to delete that account they said there must be at least one alternative for payment. Will it works if I block godaddy from PayPal account.
and one more thing I even don't register for godaddy auction. I don't know how they just accept that bid.
What about transferring my domains to other host

I think you can go to your PP account and revoke GoDaddy authorization, that way they shouldn't be able to take money from it.
Move your domains to another account and refuse to pay.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back