GoDaddy Coupon Code Error

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KDN

KenTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Just curious if any of you gets this error when using a code:

Some of our best offers are limited to one per customer and it looks like you've already used one. We've updated your cart with the best offer, if one is available.

This is what I see below the code field:

The code entered has some restrictions.

Thank you so much for your time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't know why... 1 & 1 allowed me 0.99c on only 1 .com domain reg. I kept on trying but failed!
for new customers only!

•••
1and1 allow only 5 domain registration for .99 cents after that we wanna pay normal fees
How it's possible? There is a limit of one .com domain allowed per NEW customer.
.com domain: First year of registration is $0.99, then $14.99/year. Limit 1 .com per customer, new contracts only. Additional .com domains are available at regular $14.99/year price.
http://www.1and1.com/TcLtoAugust15?__lf=Static

•••
I guess you forgot to cancel the contract.

Which contract is that? the contract with the devil?

1&1 are crooks with devious and unethical business practices, not sure what "contract" you are referring to.

•••
•••
Oh, I see they have a 9 step process to cancel a "package", where as anywhere else you just leave and that is that, but hey its only 8 steps to cancel a domain and/or additional items from your package.

GTFO 1&1............. or should we call them 9&8 :laugh:

The Germans should stick to making cars and beer IMO, selling internet services is not there forte IMHO.

•••
@maxeaus I'm not a fan of 1and1, I had many problems with them, but all issues resolved.

•••
I got this in email today:

30% off, fbhpg30

I wonder if it actually works

•••
I guess you forgot to cancel the contract.

No. I cancelled it several times. Each time I was assured it was completely cancelled. If I call and ask now, they'll tell me they have no record of me cancelling anything or even contacting them. That's what they always do. I have accounts all over the place, and I'm very familiar with a typical cancellation process. I'm also rather technically inclined, so it's not like I'm following the wrong procedure or misreading something. Their cancellation system is simply broken. I posted the BBB communications a while back; they promised to finally cancel everything and stop contacting me, but that never happened.

Not to mention, you can't cancel from their website, or even via live chat. (At least, you couldn't at the time, though they implied otherwise on their website.) You have to call them, so there's no record on your end of anything if they fail to send you the cancellation emails. Although I did get emails almost every time saying it was cancelled--a few weeks before receiving another bill.

To be fair, I should note that after spending countless hours trying to resolve the issue, they did eventually refund me whatever I paid after initially cancelling, and they haven't threatened to send a debt collector since. So we made some progress. They happened to be applying for BBB accreditation at the time, so they had a team working on all the BBB cases that seemed to be able to get things done.

I still have a nice big stack of cancellation confirmations, because I know someday a debt collector is going to come knocking on my door demanding thousands of dollars in fees.

Last edited:
•••
No. I cancelled it several times. Each time I was assured it was completely cancelled. If I call and ask now, they'll tell me they have no record of me cancelling anything or even contacting them. That's what they always do. I have accounts all over the place, and I'm very familiar with a typical cancellation process. I'm also rather technically inclined, so it's not like I'm following the wrong procedure or misreading something. Their cancellation system is simply broken. I posted the BBB communications a while back; they promised to finally cancel everything and stop contacting me, but that never happened.
The bottom line, IMO, is there should never be a "contract" associated with future domain renewals.

You must have incredible patience. I don't like to use the label "scammer" too easily, but these bullies fit the bill, without a doubt.

•••
I just bought a .com for $9.25 on name.com with FREE private registration.
A6XCQK - code

bye bye Godaddy...

•••
Their cancellation system is simply broken.

I'm not sure anything is broken or malfunctioning at 1&1. Seems a carefully calculated money making machine that preys successfully on the uninformed and those too busy to fight over these sums of money. Basically they use the filter technique: you wrongly bill 100 people, 50 complain, ignore or misdirect those, 10 of those persist, ignore or redirect those, only two persist. In the end the filter gets it down to where 1 person in 100 gets the refund they were entitled to - splendid financial result for the company, unless you want repeat customers.

They have an interesting take on the 1% - maybe that is where their name comes from. Or 1+1 =0.

No joking, in a thread on here there is at least one domainer who lost ALL the domains they had at 1&1.

•••
1and1 have a very friendly support on Facebook, try it.

Best,
RU

•••
1and1 have a very friendly support on Facebook, try it.

Best,
RU
I will not do business with them, ever, and I always advise people to stay away from them - it is not worth it, and not good to support them so they can rip off more people.

•••
I will not do business with them, ever, and I always advise people to stay away from them - it is not worth it, and not good to support them so they can rip off more people.
You could not be more correct. I'm not sure whether I read similar advice - basically, "avoid them like you would avoid the plague" just before or just after I bit the poisoned fruit that was their then $1/per offer.

Dealing with them gave me a sense of what it must be like to owe a loanshark money for more than a week. Yes, "customer service" and other parts of their operation work out of somewhere in Pennsylvania, but if you thought Germany played hardball (or dirty) with the Greeks, it's clear that 1&1 shows its German (as in rigid and nasty - I'll leave it at that) origins clear as a bell. They'd make a good client for Reputation.com, because ANYBODY who has done business with them regrets it. A 10-foot pole - as in don't touch 'em with it - isn't nearly long enough. Stay at least a mile from this cesspool of a company!

•••
Why are my posts repeatedly deleted -_-

•••
•••
So, the best price after godaddy is Namecheap?

•••
Well it depends on the extension and what extras you want like free privacy, cheap privacy, etc.

Namecheap is a great registrar but they cost a little more than a couple others, worth it to me because their support is awesome.

Here's a place you can check the cheapest reg/renewal/transfer prices for almost all extensions:
https://www.domcomp.com/

•••
•••
@ulterios thanks for the link. :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:
You are very welcome.

It helps me a lot because I often look at registering different extensions and don't know the prices of each registrar without going to each.

This makes it easier since you can go to one place and find the prices from all the major registrars. I think ist's updated daily, but a couple of times I saw it was updated a couple of times a day.

•••
Why are my posts repeatedly deleted -_-

I think Eric misread your post and thought you were posting a GoDaddy code. I've tentatively restored it; if this wasn't the case, he may delete it again. (Context: some members are confusing this with the GoDaddy promo code thread)

•••
I think think for .com and .net it would be NameSilo.
$8.39 for .com and $4.39 for .net
This is before any codes or discount program ... so it can get a bit lower.

•••
I'm using NameSilo for .com and .net.
Goodbye Godaddy, until you allow me to use coupons again :xf.rolleyes:

•••
OK this is just an idea call me stupid or what ever, but I'm just trying to think out the box there's obviously a shit load of domainers bummed out about this godaddy discount codes....of course I am one of them but what if we all came up with our own domainers club or group and approached a registrar and said we have xxxx amount of domainers in our group and we are looking for a registrar to work with us on the price of .com registrations in exchange of our business and see if they will cut a deal with are group ..I remember watching on Sherpa Rick Swartz say something like he gets a discount on his .Com domains. because of the quantity that he buys.idk I might be wrong but I think it was something similar ...it's just an idea. maybe i been drinking too much lol its 4am I my thinking is cloudy I'm just trying to come up with a solution... don't BLAST ME for it..

Last edited:
•••
when i use godaddy coupon then it does not show payment option in the next step

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back