Domain Empire

GoDaddy canceled all my domains without my knowledge

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandizer

Established Member
Impact
I received series of emails from godaddy telling me how my account is being reviewed and some of, (almost all) my products canceled and how I would get my refund in 10 days time.

I tried to login to my account where i was met with this error message

Request to Unlock Account
To ensure your security, access to shopper account 25******* has been temporarily disabled until our Verification Office has received the necessary documentation to confirm recent account activity. This precautionary step is taken as a security measure to defend you, our valued customer, from online predators and identity theft. Upon receipt of the requested documentation, we will re-evaluate the status of your account. Notifications, including confirmation that your access has been restored, will be sent to the email address on file.

Please Note: Customer Support cannot bypass this verification request. Phone inquiries will be directed to provide the requested documentation through this process.

I tried uploading my identification documents via the online upload and got another error

There was an error submitting your request. CSE002

So used the email option. It has been 12 hours since i sent them the email, no reply yet from them, and it is not very conducive for me to give them a call right now....

Why would godaddy cancel my products which are hand reg domains that are weeks old without informing me..?
What can i do?
Will i still get my domains back?
Please sir i am told you can be of great help at this kind of issue, please put me through @Joe Styler
@godaddyhelp

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
May I know , how long you are in GD customer? Its better to follow GD instruction or contact them via phone to solve immediately more than 3 times

•••
"We are Godaddy, that's the kind of stuff we do"

•••
Have you been using someone else's credit card to make purchases?

•••
May I know , how long you are in GD customer? Its better to follow GD instruction or contact them via phone to solve immediately more than 3 times
I registered my current account earlier this year. I have followed instructions, i am just angry I might lose some of my domains

•••
Just to be clear--the email you received was in fact an official GoDaddy email, correct? (Simply covering all bases.)

•••
Just to be clear--the email you received was in fact an official GoDaddy email, correct? (Simply covering all bases.)
Yes i double checked for anything fishy. But no, it was a correct email, and when i try to login it gives me this error...

Request to Unlock Account
To ensure your security, access to shopper account 25******* has been temporarily disabled until our Verification Office has received the necessary documentation to confirm recent account activity.

•••
Try to relax. It will take them more than 12 hours. Until then, you will have to wait. This happens some times. Happened to me once at Enom.

Anyway, do worry....yet.

•••
Calling them is usually the fastest option, but it may result in a less knowledgable person about your specific case. For now, get a list of your domains together, try to get your receipts in order, and keep calm. If this is a mistake, they will hopefully reverse the changes.

Fact is, if the domains were registered a few weeks ago, they won't cancel them because the registry only allows for a 3 day grace period. That means they won't get a refund from the registry. So it is likely they "repossessed" the domains instead. Getting a "your domains are cancelled" email from godaddy usually means the domains are not in your account anymore.

Did you pay with a credit card in your own name? Did you use someone else's paypal?

•••
Try to relax. It will take them more than 12 hours. Until then, you will have to wait. This happens some times. Happened to me once at Enom.

Anyway, do worry....yet.
Ok i will, i am only worried because of my canceled domains, if i would still get it back

•••
Ok i will, i am only worried because of my canceled domains, if i would still get it back
Well, if there is no problem with id or payment, it should get sorted out. Worse case is that you would be refunded if the registrations are in fact canceled.

Has GoDaddy changed the whois information at all?

•••
Calling them is usually the fastest option, but it may result in a less knowledgable person about your specific case. For now, get a list of your domains together, try to get your receipts in order, and keep calm. If this is a mistake, they will hopefully reverse the changes.

Fact is, if the domains were registered a few weeks ago, they won't cancel them because the registry only allows for a 3 day grace period. That means they won't get a refund from the registry. So it is likely they "repossessed" the domains instead. Getting a "your domains are cancelled" email from godaddy usually means the domains are not in your account anymore.

Did you pay with a credit card in your own name? Did you use someone else's paypal?
I paid with my credit card, on all transactions. What can i do if the emboldened text is the case.

•••
There's a simple fix.

Don't use GoDaddy.

•••
Well, if there is no problem with id or payment, it should get sorted out. Worse case is that you would be refunded if the registrations are in fact canceled.

Has GoDaddy changed the whois information at all?
I see some changes on the whois, saying it was last updated March 3. I have done no update on all my domains.

•••
I paid with my credit card, on all transactions. What can i do if the emboldened text is the case.

Hard to say with certainty, but you can check if they did this by going to whois.godaddy.com and entering your domains there one at a time.

•••
I see some changes on the whois, saying it was last updated March 3. I have done no update on all my domains.
If the domains are repossessed, the whois will say "Repossessed By Go Daddy".

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If the domains are repossessed, the whois will say "Repossessed By Go Daddy".
This is what I see on the whois page

Registry Domain ID: 2493906851_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois/godaddy/com
Registrar URL: www/godaddy/com
Updated Date: 2020-03-02T12:10:45Z
Creation Date: 2020-02-18T03:03:55Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-02-18T03:03:55Z
Registrar: GoDaddy/com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@ /godaddy/com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
//icann/org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited //icann/org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited icann/org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited //icann/org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: NS09/DOMAINCONTROL/COM
Name Server: NS10/DOMAINCONTROL/COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: //www/icann/org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2020-03-04T17:35:41Z <<<

•••
This is what I see on the whois page

Registry Domain ID: 2493906851_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois/godaddy/com
Registrar URL: www/godaddy/com
Updated Date: 2020-03-02T12:10:45Z
Creation Date: 2020-02-18T03:03:55Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-02-18T03:03:55Z
Registrar: GoDaddy/com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@ /godaddy/com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
//icann/org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited //icann/org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited icann/org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited //icann/org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Name Server: NS09/DOMAINCONTROL/COM
Name Server: NS10/DOMAINCONTROL/COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: //www/icann/org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2020-03-04T17:35:41Z <<<
That's normal. That's not repossessed.

•••
•••
Did you try or register the names with different accounts and using coupon codes? Just asking as I once heard this can cause what you are experiencing. Good luck

•••
I registered my current account earlier this year. I have followed instructions, i am just angry I might lose some of my domains

Wait a moment and never stop to evaluate your GD account progress. I pray that your GD account solved immediately

•••
Start a thread or make a phone call hmmm what would I do?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back