IT.COM

Accurate appraisal tool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alex067

skytreatment.com || homelistings.orgEstablished Member
Impact
I just got into the domain name business, and have just stuck with GoDaddy's appraisal tool as a way to approximately evaluate my domain names.

What other appraisal tools are there? What do you guys mainly use, and what is your opinion about GoDaddy's appraisal service?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are a bunch of other so-called valuation tools (Estibot and FreeValuator both come to mind). But all such automated tools are virtually useless. I pay them no attention. A domain is worth what someone will pay for it on any given day.

•••
I would say none are accurate.
I have a 5L name that GD appraised at low
$x,xxx and freevaluator appraised at low
$xx,xxx. It was a pretty big difference in appraisal.
I don't pay too much attention to appraisal tools.
I mostly look at comparable sales on namebio,dnpric.es, and dnjournal

Last edited:
•••
The best appraisal = how much the buyer is willing to spend for your domain name.

Automated appraisal tools are usually worthless unless you can find a buyer dumb enough naive enough to believe such appraisal.

•••
all appraisals are just good or bad guesses. even ones done by humans..

•••
I think you should go to Namebio.com and look for comparables, that's usually a pretty accurate way to price domains.

•••
Just tried namebio and it seems to concur with the GD appraisal tool. With one of my active sites in any case.

•••
Namebio is the Best appraisal Tool

•••
Namebio also has estibot.com estimations as part of the bid info for the domains they are auctioning.

When I use estibot to check one of my recent purchases looplike com then I see all the info such as expiration, where the domain is parked, renewal date etc is completely wrong.

I wonder if any of these services are reliable.

•••
Namebio is the Best appraisal Tool

The best appraisal tool is an experienced domainer.
You have to know when to hold them and when to fold them.

You also have to know what is fantasy and what is realistic pricing.

•••
There is no such thing is appraisal in domain business.

•••
GOVALUE is only good to see comparable sales thats it. you can analyse what keywords selling in what prices.ignoring completely govalue appraisal is also not correct that is best tool for comparing sales as namebio dont report sales of GD BIN ...but GD show you bin sales when you use it.
let me give you example.few days back i bought bitcoins.capital by gd auctions namebio not reporting it but if you will find appraisal of bitcoins.capital you can see clearly in what price i bought.
so you need to do is check namebio , dnjournal & Go value as well sometimes govalue show you something which is not in dngeek dnjournal and namebio

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back