Dynadot

GoDaddy Appraisal Tool - Free

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You ol'cynic mad409, I always like to add supporting data when discussing a sale, and this is certainly giving up-to-date relevant examples Providing you're using a key word. Perhaps not so accurate for new extensions or made-up wording where it doesn't have much comparable data to run-with

•••
•••
GD has tons of data. It basically shows what owners of similar properties were willing to take. There is a lot more to consider.

•••
This tool has been up a month or two. I use it a few times a week.I like it but not sure how accurate it is. It does not seem to factor age at all. I do like that nothing typed in has resulted in less than $1200 most more. I think it’s there for end users education more than domainers but either way it’s handy.

Last edited:
•••
Uhh, some issues here. I keyed in about 6 of my names, got 'appraised', and the button below that says it's 'available' to reg for 11.99. :xf.eek: Hopefully they're not liquidating my folio without a heads up at least! :nailbiting:
I think you'll find those are "similar" domain names which are available to register.

•••
Doesnt work for me, it says im lost.

•••
It says i'm lost as well ! at least it got one thing right :xf.smile:

•••
I think it's not a good idea to teach end users to rely on automated tools. They can also play this game against you to justify a lowball offer, by using another tool if necessary, that will produce the 'desired' figure. Who is right then ?
On the other hand, quoting a few comparable sales is a bit better.

I buy domains on a regular basis, and somebody who quotes me an estibot appraisal is a joker in my view, because he is unable to appraise his own domains, or has unrealistic expectations.

•••
Appraisals from domain registrars will be inflated for obvious reasons.

•••
I tried 4 of mine but did not get any results...also Facebook.com no results...

•••
I'v noticed that all my GoDaddy names are automatically appraised in the control panel of each name. If this tool is accurate and I would sell all my names for 1/3 of the results shown, I would be a rich man. Kind of anyway.

Come on guys, you can make your deal of your life! :-P ;)

•••
I got it working now, it just seemed i had to login to godaddy and then click the link. Doesnt work if logged out

•••
I logged into my GDiddy, tried it, still getting the same issues as noted above:

The tool is having growing pains now. Sometimes gives only comparable closed sales "More Comparable Domains Sold" and no valuation, other times,
"We’ve run into a technical issue. Please try again later."

•••
It seems, they have removed this tool now. Getting below message
Whoops! Looks like you're lost.
Maybe you were typing too fast. Or maybe we moved the page you were looking for (sorry about that). Whatever happened, there’s nothing to see here. Try one of the links below to get back on track.

•••
•••
I can now access to it but appraised prices are below the market value. They are comparing with other extensions as well!

•••
I got loads of feeds regarding that tool today so I found some free time to check it out but... I really don't understand its usefulness.

-For a domainer, imo,it's probably worthless since anyone with a basic knowledge of domains can do a way better research on their domains easier.

-For a potential buyer of domains I think it's rather confusing and can hurt the domainers' negotiations.

I did try some of my domains and the results were off like for example, a fog computing solutions domain showing the sales of <random letters> & solutions or environmental solutions etc. The <random-letters>&solutions domain had a sale of $15.. how can that compare to a cloud/fog computing domain?
Mixing niches or verticals when comparing past domain sales is not that smart tbh.

As I said, it has certainly confused me so I'd certainly appreciate if anyone could share how such a tool can help them.

EDIT: just tried a.com ... average result of sales ~$5k , really?

Last edited:
•••
I cant get this tool to work for me... I get different errors, but never an apprisal :arghh:

•••
I had to email GDiddy they said I was being blocked because I had submitted too many appraisals. Too many? Try, like - twelve.

Anyway they unblocked me.

When you’re blocked you get that “technical issue” error.

•••
•••
the same with godaddy, they also limit your valuation too
but not atleast at One valuation. Estibot limit you at One, and Vaulate you need to login,

•••
I had to email GDiddy they said I was being blocked because I had submitted too many appraisals. Too many? Try, like - twelve.

Anyway they unblocked me.

When you’re blocked you get that “technical issue” error.

Just clear browser history and cache.

•••
•••
Sold a domain using the GD appraisal tool. All good in my book. :)

•••
INeedToSellDomains.com is valued at $727.00 :ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back