Dynadot

Godaddy appraisal - A scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been seeing a lot of threads in the appraisal section where people usually mention the appraisal that they get from Godaddy, which everyone in the industry knows, is misleading.
I think they introduced the appraisals so that people who search for domain names end up buying it thinking that there is a value to the domain (most of them at low $$$$ like $1,471 etc.)

This, I believe is extremely misleading and unjustified to people starting off. They end up purchasing literally useless domains.

What is your thought on this? Is Godaddy doing an unfair business or are people not active enough to do their research before they buy a domain name?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are usually use as a reference when quoting a price to end users.
Talk for yourself. No domainer that really values his/her domains will quote a Godaddy appraisal to end users.
As somebody has previously said, GD and Estibot appraisals are worthless.
As in, this is what Estibot or Godaddy says, the value is. I think this should be the price.
The value of a domain is the value the domain OWNER is willing to sell that domain. We are not into a communist regime where the State, or in your example, GD or Estibot, dictates the price of private assets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back