Domain Empire

GoDaddy/Afternic Offer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

triplec0886

Established Member
Impact
Hello NP! Hope all is going well for everyone.
I woke up this morning to an interesting email. It was from GoDaddy but it was requesting that I authorize my participation in the Afternic program. It further stated that one of my domain names was requested for sale through the Afternic Premium Network.

My question is: has someone made an offer on my name? I am guessing they tried to register it on GD and was presented with the 'Sorry......Still want it?' message. Would I be right? Can I trust Afternic?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you list it with Afternic recently?

•••
I woke up this morning to an interesting email. It was from GoDaddy but it was requesting that I authorize my participation in the Afternic program. It further stated that one of my domain names was requested for sale through the Afternic Premium Network.

My question is: has someone made an offer on my name? I am guessing they tried to register it on GD and was presented with the 'Sorry......Still want it?' message. Would I be right? Can I trust Afternic?
Can you post the exact text from the message ? (of course take out anything personal).

•••
No. I didn't. It was just a name in my GoDaddy account. It's weird because I have a lot of names there but only this particular name was listed in the request. I created an Afternic account a few minutes ago but I have never listed anything there because I read so many horror stories about them here in NP.

•••
Possibly someone else tried to list it with their Afternic account. Either by accident or for some malicious reason.

•••
There are people who try to add other people’s names. Decline the request.

This happened to me on 3 names. Afternic is a hot mess.

•••
100% not offr

i got like 10 last week

others did too

afternic has plenty bugs

its not even others running scams

ignore

Last edited:
•••

Log into your Afternic account and search for that domain in your portfolio and see if it says pending sale.

•••

Its usually genuine, ive sold a few through afternic even though it was at godaddy, give afternic a ring, theyll answer any questions.

Funnily enough i just bought a name through afternic this week but it was registered at go daddy. I'm currently waiting for transfer, perhaps i'm buying your name. :xf.wink:

If you give me a clue, creation date, maybe 2nd letter & last letter?

Last edited:
•••
lol created 5/9/2016 second letter 'e' last letter 'r'.

•••
I have never listed a name on Afternic.....I only created the account after receiving the email.

•••
•••
Edit: you didn't list it at afternic.

sorry

Last edited:
•••
Cool. Thanks. I guess I'll list some names there. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get rid of some.

•••
From prior experiences similar to this. Anything that you registered/list for sale on GoDaddy is automatically (unless manually entered) parked at Afternic and listed at Afternic. They are just letting you know what they are doing and that it was successfully listed for sale.

Good luck

•••
Sounds good! Thank you everyone for being helpful and offering advice and insight!

•••
Sounds good! Thank you everyone for being helpful and offering advice and insight!

in other words : okay got it stop replying?

lol.. just kidding

•••
No! Haha not at all! I guess I could have worded it differently but if anyone has anything else to share.....feel free! Would be great to make a good sale on the domains I’ve accumulated since last November

•••
I just got one. I have 200+ domains for sale at godaddy and listed at Afternic, so not sure why this one popped up 2 months after listing it:

"Authorize your participation in the Afternic program
Thank you for choosing GoDaddy as your Afternic Premium Network registrar.

Before your domain name(s) can be listed for sale on GoDaddy and other Afternic resellers, you must authorize your participation in the Afternic program. Please click the button below to log in and authorize.

The following domain name(s) have been requested for sale through the Afternic Premium Network:

{domainname.com}

Please keep in mind that if these domain names become ineligible in the future, they will be removed from the program. If you are listing multiple domains, we suggest signing into your GoDaddy account to complete the listing approval process. To reference the listing terms at any time click here."

Makes no sense why 1 out of 200 comes up and months after listing it.

•••
Afternic finally got the dns changed on it so now it’s actually parked.

•••
•••
But, what happens when you actually receive offer through Afternic/GoDaddy? How is it look like? May someone show an example (taking out anything personal)?

•••
this is simple participation authorize email

its important not to mislead others to think its something else like sale or offer ...else they may click link and authorize bin price on domain not even in their accnt..whether listed as scam or as afternic bug

so when u get emails like this...first make sure u are not the one whos trying to put it on prem bin network...and if u are not then never click link...else it could cause u issues

hope this helps
cheers

•••
But, what happens when you actually receive offer through Afternic/GoDaddy? How is it look like? May someone show an example (taking out anything personal)?

its simple
when u get offers or sales...the email will include keywords like...offer...sold..inquiry...

which this one does not.

so look for those keywords and u will be fine

•••
this is simple participation authorize email
Might be simple, but when you get 1 out of 200, months after adding them up for sale, you do ask questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back