Domain Empire

GoDaddy Account Push Issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Is anybody facing Godaddy Account Push Issues?

Kindly advise as most of us have been facing trouble while pushing a domain name to another user at GD! :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just to clarify...
If I am trying to push a GD domain to another GD account...
Where it asks: Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account?
I should say 'Yes'?
I do NOT want to activate the 60-day registrar lock.
Then, does the recipient need to log in and accept the transfer in?

I don't know why I am receiving an email to activate the domain when i am the one pushing it out...

I have the same problem last week and took me 5 days to push the domain... still don’t know why I was receiving all this emails, when I was the seller ....

•••
Anybody lose a buyer over it.

•••
I'm not saying GoDaddy is perfect, and I also agree about the 60 day hold, but one solution for you is to simply give the seller specific instructions like "Hey, please make sure you use these exact instructions to perform the push." A few minutes of upfront working putting together a template you use for all deals would go a long way.

It sounds like you'd had some really bad luck because the ratio of issues you've had just seems overly high.

I guess another solution would be to simply use multiple registrars and always make sure you're transferring the domain out instead of using a push, which you can accomplish by using just two different registrars.

In this day and age, it seems crazy to have to live by any restrictions for your business since each registrar without a doubt has a domain pushing process that works the majority of the time. 80% failed pushes doesn't seem like a problem with the platform.

Don't you think I already give them specific instructions? I do. Do you think anybody pays any attention? Not many. Coupled with the fact the rules for a push keep changing, and GoDaddy's ambiguity. Remember. I'm only accepting a push as a last resort. Which is why there are not many. I don't think it is practical to create a template, with the rules keep changing. I have to create a fresh template for every push. It is just not worth the effort. So my template to the seller, says things like, never accept a push from a GoDaddy email (because that will only guarantee the push takes 5 days and may/will incur another 60 day lock). But they still do it.

Nope. the solution, is for GD to make this push easier. 1 set of rules only. Rules that are not constantly changing. Rules that are clear and are not ambiguous. Where a push is without a fresh 60 day hold, and with the change of whois registrant. Just like every other registrar on the planet.

Last edited:
•••
I think changing the account details later will mean another round of confirmation from old/new owner later?
Not needed actually as the domain is already in the new owner's account so he has full control. This is in my experience.

•••
From last six days, I am waiting for the transfer-in. Today when I called GoDaddy support they said the transfer is not initiated. ( If the transfer was initiated how i received a mail from GoDaddy to accept the domain transfer?) Every time it is showing an error at the end while accepting.

I called support 4 times so that someone will help me out with this issue but no proper guidance provided. They are asking me sellers details and 4 digit security pin. ( Security code also for 2 steps verified account)

Why would any seller share his personal details like code and pin? I am done with GoDaddy. I will ask the seller to provide the Authcode and will transfer out from GoDaddy.

•••
transfer in with contact details change now require 4 approval in following order.

Seller initiates
Buyer accepts
Sell accepts buyers contact details change
Buy approves contact details

Only then will it change account

Ridicolus situation. If any of the 4 approves isn't done the transfer will be limbo. Transfer could take days if buyer isn't online at same time as you.

•••
We rolled out a new change of account last week. The goal was to simplify the process and to change the back end architecture to a new one. The goal was to make it faster and better, but there were a couple things that didn't work right.
The thought was that most customers do not do change of accounts all the time so it should be an easier process where you enter the email address of the person you want to give the domain to. If they have an account with us we let them know. They click accept and you get the email to accept and the domain moves.
The emails didn't work right and that was fixed last week after we rolled this out. There are couple other changes coming shortly that should further make this process smoother and hopefully at the end of the day easier than it had been.
As far as the emails go we have to send some of them. ICANN mandates that we notify the gaining and losing party of the WHOIS when the contacts change. This is a security measure they put in place.
The goal is to get the process easier for a non domain expert to move and accept domains.

New process is terrible, 4 verifications need combine into 2. This is more than notification, asking for approval over and over. No other registrar make push so hard, much easier transfer out.

•••
I changed all infos when I BUY DOMAINS FROM GD. I have the same situation that a buyer diddl not change it, it’s still ongoing.

This does not mean that if I buy from you, I will leave it as is and the renewal notice will keep going to the previous owner. I know that much. I am referring to an option that work for me and in this case the issue is with the successful post.

•••
for the last 2 weeks after 200 attempts I managed to push 2 domains, now another one is waiting for transfer and already 5 day is not going ... for 6 years I have not got so many problems with GoDaddy, this is absolute nightmare and when you selling to end buyers they think that t this is a scam....

•••
for the last 2 weeks after 200 attempts I managed to push 2 domains, now another one is waiting for transfer and already 5 day is not going ... for 6 years I have not got so many problems with GoDaddy, this is absolute nightmare and when you selling to end buyers they think that t this is a scam....
Send me the domain you are trying to push now and I will see what is happening with it.

•••
I had a domain pushed to my GD account 3 days back. Same issue so I contacted support over phone.

As advised, in the list of domains view, the beta version is displayed. On clicking that, it took me back to the old classic version, there I got the domain in the pending account changes: incoming. Earlier it was not visible in that tab in the beta version dashboard despite receiving email to “activate” the domain pushed to my account.
It worked for me.

•••
I am facing this problem right now. Buyer can't accept the domain name into his account

•••
Got issues as well. Very annoying and one pissed off buyer. If my sale falls through I'm done with GD.

•••
@Joe Styler looked into it and it seems to be an issue on the gaining account unrelated to the 'tweaked' push process. Cheers Joe!

•••
So my turn to see how this works. Domain sold at Afternic, to be pushed to their Escrow account at GoDaddy. I called my rep, wasn't available, got another rep. They don't even know about the new system. Rep said something about the nameservers option, I told him it wasn't there any more. Just email address, optional customer number and then the option of Yes or No for the contact info. He said pick No, it would be smoother. So we'll see.

@Joe Styler - Do the Reps know about this new way of doing things? VIP reps of all people. It seems like something where you would get them all together for a meeting and go thru it.

Last edited:
•••
24D45F10-2683-4365-B306-857ECBCAF35E.png
This is what I’m seeing when I’m on “ Pending account Changes” “Transfer out”

.... nothing... just nothing... and I have one domain with account change in progress, but now can’t do nothing

•••
You can try the older version as I mentioned above. That might work

•••
Show attachment 119034 This is what I’m seeing when I’m on “ Pending account Changes” “Transfer out”

.... nothing... just nothing... and I have one domain with account change in progress, but now can’t do nothing
It may not show up in your pending account changes screen until the person gaining the domain clicks the accept button on their email.
If you send me the domains I can take a look.

•••
Just to clarify...
If I am trying to push a GD domain to another GD account...
Where it asks: Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account?
I should say 'Yes'?
I do NOT want to activate the 60-day registrar lock.
Then, does the recipient need to log in and accept the transfer in?

I don't know why I am receiving an email to activate the domain when i am the one pushing it out...

Was just about to ask this.

The verbiage is going to be confusing to some, it should use the old verbiage.

So, I'm guessing selecting Yes will NOT change the domain contact info.

I was just in chat with Escrow and you can get to the old way by going to Domains, checking off domain, hitting More, then selecting Begin Account Change, which will look like the old way of pushing the domain.

I hope this mess is fixed soon.

•••
•••
JOE, I finally got it, but not sure how or what the "going" procedure is .......

@Joe Styler
For the last 24 hours a Go Daddy member in Montevideo, Uruguay has been in touch with YOU trying to push a domain to me. She tells me you are trying to work this out. That's great....

She says via email to me that she has tried several times to push the domain to me. Yes, she has received the GD email confirming the contact change and now the domain appears in her outgoing pending area that the domain is in "changing account" status.

A MAJOR PROBLEM - I have received nothing from GD. No change of contact email for me to approve or disapprove. And nothing appears in my incoming pending area. I have checked both "old version" and beta and the results are the same. What am I doing wrong??

Lots and lots of time being wasted on a procedure that used to be easy. Please comment....

•••
@Joe Styler PLEASE HELP. buyer is about to cancel transaction due to this mess.

•••
@jideofor

You cannot "push" a Go Daddy domain to another registrar (like Epik). A "push" is only for moving domains from one Go Daddy account to another.

Your buyer must buy and request a transfer through his Epik account. YOU will unlock the domain in your Go Daddy account, request the authorization codes for it, and send it to him. He must have that to complete the transfer.

IF the domain is under a 60 day lock (or part of) you cannot transfer the domain out until the time is up.

Last edited:
•••
@jideofor

You cannot "push" a Go Daddy domain to another registrar (like Epik). A "push" is only for moving domains from one Go Daddy account to another.

Your buyer must buy and request a transfer through his Epik account. YOU will unlock the domain in your Go Daddy account, request the authorization codes for it, and send it to him. He must have that to complete the transfer.

IF the domain is under a 60 day lock (or part of) you cannot transfer the domain out until the time is up.
I wanted to transfer the domain name to Epiks Godaddy account. They have an account at Godaddy for escrow purpose.

•••
Anybody else having 'fun' with godaddy pushes today again?

It's taking ages and everything pushed is getting locked although the emails state I opted out... sigh...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back