NameSilo

GoDaddy Account Push Issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Is anybody facing Godaddy Account Push Issues?

Kindly advise as most of us have been facing trouble while pushing a domain name to another user at GD! :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are plenty of users facing the same issue, and we are discussing this internally in one of our groups about it as well. People are not able to push domain names to other accounts for some odd reason and support at Godaddy are of no help at all :(

•••
There are plenty of users facing the same issue, and we are discussing this internally in one of our groups about it as well. People are not able to push domain names to other accounts for some odd reason and support at Godaddy are of no help at all :(

They don't know what exactly happens, in the backend for them look good

•••
If you know some of the Godaddy management just tag him,

•••
Having pushes not working is the last thing any registrar may wish. Since the customer may always use an alternative - transfer the domain away and use push button elsewhere. Which by itself means that they should be working on it even on Sat./Sun....

•••
Select "do not change details" or something similar. There are options to keep DNS records unchange or to use the details from the specified account. Push without changing the details and ask the new owner to change them later.
Not changing DNS should be standard in any transfer or push, shouldn't be an "option" considering how important and sensitive DNS is. New owner can change as they deemed fit.

•••
try to accept domain push through this LINK it will work.

•••
Yes. Recently I had to push a domain 3 times to someone, and they accepted it each time, before it finally left my account.

•••
Did anybody figure out the issue though?

•••
I've done several GoDaddy account changes in the past few days with no issues. Did you make sure to remove your privacy, unlock the domain, with the correct authorization code?

•••
I've done several GoDaddy account changes in the past few days with no issues. Did you make sure to remove your privacy, unlock the domain, with the correct authorization code?

It’s nothing to do with registrar transfers bud, but within Godaddy account to account push.

•••
I’ve a sale pending at Undeveloped and domain is at Godaddy, and just hoping that I don’t have to go through this until next week, when all comes back to normal or I’m effd for life because this one is a five figure sale and buyer is Italian who doesn’t understand a single word of English!! FML

GoDaddy are tinkering with their push technology, it seems like daily. A push today seems always slightly different from a push yesterday. GoDaddy don't help themselves by making their options ambiguous. Couple this with domain owners who cannot understand what GoDaddy's options actually mean (in part because of the ambiguity and partly the blind faith of the pusher that GoDaddy are looking after their interests. Which they are not). It's a recipe for disaster. Disaster meaning the domain is locked for another 60 days.

This is not just a new phenomena. But from all these messages. It seems like they've reached breaking point. Where even experienced pushers cannot even push a domain. Oh, isn't life wonderful that this happens over the Easter Holiday period.

I try to NEVER accept a GoDaddy push, unless there are extreme circumstances for it. (Like a mistake on my part which required a push to complete my obligations). I would say that I've probably accepted a push less than 10 times in the last year. In approximately 80% of the cases, the push was not completed without the domain being locked for a new 60 days. All have required lengthy discussions with their call center, dealing with support staff insufficiently trained to actually help. I simply refuse to buy a domain which cannot be transferred away. However much I would like it.

It's crazy. Every other registrar on the planet can perform a push to another account without all this mumbo jumbo which GD put you thru.

I wish you all the best getting your pushes completed. And of course a Happy Easter :)

•••
I still having problems...

•••
•••
•••
Are people still having godaddy push issues?

•••
•••
•••
I get the following error when I click on the email to accept the push...

"There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If the error continues contact support at 480-505-8877."

I tried to contact support, but they were busy each time.

•••
I get the following error when I click on the email to accept the push...

"There was an error processing your request. Please try again. If the error continues contact support at 480-505-8877."

I tried to contact support, but they were busy each time.

Simply login to your account and accept push. Ignore email for now!

•••
Congrats! :)

Hey Stub...I'm curious about your sig, why do you dislike GD account push domains? Did you have a bad experience or get scammed?

•••
Just to clarify...
If I am trying to push a GD domain to another GD account...
Where it asks: Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account?
I should say 'Yes'?
I do NOT want to activate the 60-day registrar lock.
Then, does the recipient need to log in and accept the transfer in?

I don't know why I am receiving an email to activate the domain when i am the one pushing it out...

•••
Hey Stub...I'm curious about your sig, why do you dislike GD account push domains? Did you have a bad experience or get scammed?

Please read my post on the first page.

•••
Please read my post on the first page.

So 80% of the pushes have become locked or didn't work at all...Can I ask which method of pushing you used? These are the two ways I know how to do a GD to GD push.

1) From the Domain Control Center, aka "manage all" you click on the domain name and then scroll down to Additional Setttings and select "Transfer domain to another GoDaddy account" help

2) From the Domain Control Center, aka "manage all" you select the domain by checking the box next to the domain name (not clicking on the domain), and then in the navigation menu hover over the more link then select "Begin Account Change"

Which of these processes (or another?) did you normally use to do your GD to GD push?

I'm asking because it seems like these two processes work differently, even though they are supposed to do the same thing, and I'm wondering which you used when experiencing issues.

•••
•••
@convertcontent - I cannot say for sure because it is not me doing the pushing. but from the confused responses from the pushers, to this question, they don't know what they are doing, because GD instructions are so ambiguous.

Actually. I believe GoDaddy have got their knickers in a twist with these pushes. All pushes should be pushed without a fresh 60 day hold, and with the change of whois registrant. Just like every other registrar on the planet.

I'm not saying GoDaddy is perfect, and I also agree about the 60 day hold, but one solution for you is to simply give the seller specific instructions like "Hey, please make sure you use these exact instructions to perform the push." A few minutes of upfront working putting together a template you use for all deals would go a long way.

It sounds like you'd had some really bad luck because the ratio of issues you've had just seems overly high.

I guess another solution would be to simply use multiple registrars and always make sure you're transferring the domain out instead of using a push, which you can accomplish by using just two different registrars.

In this day and age, it seems crazy to have to live by any restrictions for your business since each registrar without a doubt has a domain pushing process that works the majority of the time. 80% failed pushes doesn't seem like a problem with the platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back