domain Gmail.com for sale @ GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWebnames.com

Truth alone triumphsTop Member
Impact
Just saw Gmail.com for sale on GoDaddy auctions.
Still wondering how do listings like these manage to clear the scrutiny check.

Can @Joe Styler or someone else from Godaddy explain?

7HJfQkM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There isn't a valuation - do you think it's worth $50. :)

I bet it's PayPal only without escrow.

•••
Oh, I'll try to bet.
So that, I'll have many email, youtube accounts B-)

•••
save your money.

due to lack of interest, it will expire and drop.

so just backorder it. (at godaddy).

:)

•••
save your money.

due to lack of interest, it will expire and drop.

so just backorder it. (at godaddy).

:)

I just wanted to confirm with Joe if that would be allowed. :)

•••
There isn't a valuation - do you think it's worth $50.

Are you kidding? This is a high four figures name, maybe even low five figures for the right buyer.
mmail.com just sold for about $8000 couple months ago. Now i'm not saying this is worth as much because that double m is clearly an advantage when it comes to chinese market, but this is still a good solid 5L with the word mail in it that can be developed in some sort of email provider. If you manage to get it listed on BB than i think you can make money with a little patience. Probably email.com is out of your range if you are interested to buy this one.

Best of luck!

•••
Are you kidding? This is a high four figures name, maybe even low five figures for the right buyer.
mmail.com just sold for about $8000 couple months ago. Now i'm not saying this is worth as much because that double m is clearly an advantage when it comes to chinese market, but this is still a good solid 5L with the word mail in it that can be developed in some sort of email provider. If you manage to get it listed on BB than i think you can make money with a little patience. Probably email.com is out of your range if you are interested to buy this one.

Best of luck!
bda068f44fe03f66b8f4a5d15492b6d44517fae950909c7323f763bf4dc52da1.jpg

•••

Best of luck!
Are you kidding? What makes you think its high four figure domain name? This is not just a domain name. It represents well established company or a email service provider from google. What made you think so? Wow! I am surprised.

•••
Why is that person wasting his time at auction why not go sell it to google LOL!

•••
How is it even possible when the domain is owned and operated by Google ?!

GD needs to remove such listings. they look stupid to me.

•••
^^^^ THIS! ^^^^

SEEEEEEEERIOUSLY....

•••
•••
Funny how the new g's are selling gmail.whatevers at premium pricing. I would have thought it would have been restricted.
gmail.com is worth 7 figures on traffic alone. Anyways Mark monitor probably won't be to happy about this, no doubt they still control the name but it makes them look bad.

•••
There isn't a valuation - do you think it's worth $50.
Its a billion dollar Name ...:xf.smile:

Why is that person wasting his time at auction why not go sell it to google LOL!
Because GOOGLE itself own this domain.:xf.wink:
Whois:
Registrant Organization: Google Inc.
Registrant Email: [email protected]

This is most imp Q..
Why its Make Offer price is $50 only...??

Google intentionally do theses kind of stuffs for researchers from all over the world and reward them.
Its called Security Rewards Programme. In 2015 Google gave $2 million in rewards.
This year one guy from India, Sanmay Ved who was ex employee of Google bought Google.com and most amazing thing is he bought name at Google Domains. Google has paid Sanmay Ved, the man who owned Google.com for a minute, $ 6,000 and later doubled the amount when he donated his reward to charity.

So lets see how much reward this guy will get who find gmail.com in GD Auction and makes first offer.
Salute to Mastermind Domainers.

•••
Jeez... Come on people! I can't believe any of you have bought in to this. This is NOT a real/valid/authorized/whatever auction or a "security" thing.

Someone is just trolling Flippa, Google, and/or whoever/whatever! It appears to have been effective - at least here on NP!

Two words for everyone to consider... "Critical Thinking" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

Last edited:
•••
Trolls, trolls everywhere...

•••
Gmail.com, even on a "as is" basis, if offered for a legitimate sale by Google, is worth at least $500M+.
Just the domain Vegas.com sold for $90M, here we talking enormous traffic.

Ok, now there are 8 bids in all for Gmail.com
I find that gmail.org, also owned by Google, is on sale as well at a BIN price of $99,999.

8f8ZDhN.png

•••

causes its already owned by google

its one of them auctions that's not really an auction and not really for sale.

Last edited:
•••

GD needs to remove such listings. they look stupid to me.

You missed my LOL! in my post.

•••
Recently G o o .g l was up for sale , just means its time to renew the domain, which i am pretty sure Google will do , if they forget snatch it :)

•••
Just saw Gmail.com for sale on GoDaddy auctions.
Still wondering how do listings like these manage to clear the scrutiny check.

Can @Joe Styler or someone else from Godaddy explain?

7HJfQkM.png
Thanks for pointing this out. I let the Auction Support Manager know and he is looking into what happened. We do a pretty good job of verifying ownership on names but from time to time mistakes happen. Sorry about that and thanks for bringing it up.

•••
•••
so what is my samedaygrocery@gmail .com worth?

•••
If Gmail did get bought, some guy would probably put it on an 512mb VPS....

Server would explode probably from all the connections and we would all lose our Gmail accounts :(

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back