IT.COM

GlobalWarming and Alternative Energy Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello All,

I was recently told by one of the members here that some of my globalwarming names were too scary and no one would put money into names like that. The names he was referring to was GlobalwarmingDomain and GreenhouseDomains but I have many more much "scarier" than them.

I have names like GlobalwarmingDisaster, GlobalwarmingTax, WarmingDisaster,
WarmingWarning, and a lot of alternative energy domains.

My question is, does anyone else think think these names are scary? Does anyone here besides me invest in such names? I really haven't seen many posted in here and I'm just wondering how popular they are with others.

If you have any of this type names please post them, and I would love to hear any comments you may have on the present and future potential value of names in this area.......thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ssamriga said:
You ever heard of anyone being ironic?

Yes I have and in that sense its an excellent name. I guess I take globalwarming so seriously I never thought to look at it that way. Good luck with it.

•••
-

Last edited:
•••
There's a nice one at snapnames just now - EnergySmart.com 1996 Vintage !

Currently at $9,638.00 with 1d 19h 57m to go

•••
nstalk said:
Yes I have and in that sense its an excellent name. I guess I take globalwarming so seriously I never thought to look at it that way. Good luck with it.

Agreed.

•••
Here are more sales (not mine) I've found since the last list I posted...some of them may be on the first list...not sure.

Windmill.org $7,000
ClimateChanges.com $2,938
ClimateChangeForum.com $1200
SolarDirectory.com $11,000
GreenWedding.com $6,000
greentriangle.com $3,288
SolarZone.com $3,000
BioFert.com $490
BioMarker.com $5,006
EcoBanner.com $95
CoolerPlanet.com $350
polarhealth.com 2488
big-green.com 2488
petroleumsolutions.com 2000
solarwarehouse.com 3000
GreenLife.net 1800
SolarServer.com $4,000
solarfoil.net $2053
yourclimate.com 120

•••
I own Recycling.pro. Climate.pro is still available to reg at Encirca.com for $99. Please leave me some rep if you take it.

•••
EnergySmart.com just sold at snap for $22,000.00 !

akcampbell said:
I own Recycling.pro

That's a cracker :tu:

•••
nstalk said:
Here are more sales (not mine) I've found since the last list I posted...some of them may be on the first list...not sure.

wow, thanks for the sales update! personally hope to add:

LivingTheGreenLife.com
GruenerStrom.com
GrueneStadt.com
BilligBio.com
BilligBio.de

to the sold or well-developed sites list at some point as well..... ;)
cheers, denver

•••
Hi guys...I posted this in another thread on this website (Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize) but I think it should be posted here too since many of you have green, globalwarming, and/or alternative energy domains............

Get ready for the biggest ad campaign in our history....and it will all have to do with globalwarming and the development and implementation of alternative fuels for energy.

More precisely the ads will be directed at how and why its necessary to fight globalwarming and in better ways we all can use and save energy.

As domainers we will see google, yahoo, and all the other web advertisers involved in these kinds of ads. I think you will agree it could prove very important that we know in advance what to expect in web advertising.

I have many green, globalwarming and alternative energy names now and I'm always looking for more to register. If you don't have any I suggest you get acquainted with them....they will most likely be a big part of our domaining future.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/11/new...sion=2007101113

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/14/new...rtune/index.htm

•••
I got

greencartrends.com
greenhousetrends.com
aircar.tv

•••
Hi,

I have the following - all com

CarbonTraded
GreenWedges
SEmission
EmissionsC
EmissionValues
ScienceVol

•••
I registered http://organic.gd recently, it will be a shop selling organic clothing, food, furniture and bedding etc.

•••
I agree that there is nice potential for growth in this area. Here are few that I have accumulated - All in the .US extention:

BioDieselFuel - BiomassEnergy - Biopower - Chargers - DieselGenerators
EcoFriendly - ElectricGenerators - ElectricPower
EnvironmentalEngineering - Environmentalist
GeoEnergy - GeothermalEnergy - GeothermalPower
GreenhouseGas - GreenhouseGases - GreenThumbs
Hybrid-Cars - HybridElectricBattery
HydrogenCars - HydrogenEngine - HydrogenStation - HydrogenStations
MicroFuelCells - OceanPower - OilsSands - PerpetualMotion
PortableGenerators - PortablePower - PowerGenerator
Rechargeable - RechargeableBatteries
RecycleBin - Renewable-Energies
SolarHeat - Uranium - VoltageConverters

Last edited:
•••
acc said:
I agree that there is nice potential for growth in this area. Here are few that I have accumulated - All in the .US extention:

BioDieselFuel - BiomassEnergy - Biopower - Chargers - DieselGenerators
EcoFriendly - ElectricGenerators - ElectricPower
EnvironmentalEngineering - Environmentalist
GeoEnergy - GeothermalEnergy - GeothermalPower
GreenhouseGas - GreenhouseGases - GreenThumbs
Hybrid-Cars - HybridElectricBattery
HydrogenCars - HydrogenEngine - HydrogenStation - HydrogenStations
MicroFuelCells - OceanPower - OilsSands - PerpetualMotion - Planet
PortableGenerators - PortablePower - PowerGenerator
Rechargeable - RechargeableBatteries
RecycleBin - Renewable-Energies
SolarHeat - Uranium - VoltageConverters

that's a very nice collection :)

•••
nstalk said:
Hi guys...I posted this in another thread on this website (Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize) but I think it should be posted here too since many of you have green, globalwarming, and/or alternative energy domains............

Get ready for the biggest ad campaign in our history....and it will all have to do with globalwarming and the development and implementation of alternative fuels for energy.

More precisely the ads will be directed at how and why its necessary to fight globalwarming and in better ways we all can use and save energy.

As domainers we will see google, yahoo, and all the other web advertisers involved in these kinds of ads. I think you will agree it could prove very important that we know in advance what to expect in web advertising.

I have many green, globalwarming and alternative energy names now and I'm always looking for more to register. If you don't have any I suggest you get acquainted with them....they will most likely be a big part of our domaining future.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/11/new...sion=2007101113

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/14/new...rtune/index.htm

Yeah it's definetly picking up stream rapidly, in Britain the government has plans to build 10 new eco-towns.

www.aboutproperty.co.uk/News/planning/urban-planning/eco-homes-moving-up-homebuyers-wish-list-$478921.htm

My best com ones are

Eco-Home :xf.love: Yeah it has a hyphen but that is pretty common after the word eco.

EcoBreaks & EcoLeisure (hyphen & non hyphens)

Last edited:
•••
I have a couple of terrific .com's:

GreenEating

GreenForever

Looking for the right opportunity to profit from them ... :)

•••
This is about all I'm going to reg...

I like these. Interesting that Chinese car manufacturer, Chery, is showing much interest in using m85 to fuel their flex fuel vehicle.

I picked up...

m85.info
e85.in
m85.in
ethanole85.info

Last edited:
•••
SharedSpaces.com - ideal for a website / service promoting "greener" living through the use of "shared spaces".

Ron

•••
Check out this article about the market for Green Homes. Looks like the market will grow by 1000% over the next 5 years.

http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1094/

Eventhough the regular home market is slow, looks like this is the sector of the home market where domain names should be purchased.

•••
Hi guys....what do you think of these...any potential?

All dotcoms......
EcoEnergyGrail
EcoGrail
EcoGreenGrail
EnergyGrail
GreenEnergygrail

Grail......>The object of a prolonged endeavor.

•••
We all agree the earth is warming, but there is NO conclusive evidence that Global Warming is "Man Made", in fact, if you examine the evidence or rather the LIES that Al Gore and the Global Warmers put forward, you will find the evidence is extremely flawed,...They like to cite the IPCC report as conclusive, which they say is made up of 1000's of Scientists, but if you analyze how the report was published, you will find that its flawed as well, Not to mention that many of the members serving on IPCC are made up of environmentalists with an agenda.

I encourage you to watch these 2 clips before buying into the "man made" belief, these are the clips Global Warmers DON'T want you to see.

20/20: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/S...3751219&page=2

CNN: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XU8jyz9Acy0

•••
RaiderGirl said:
We all agree the earth is warming, but there is NO conclusive evidence that Global Warming is "Man Made", in fact, if you examine the evidence or rather the LIES that Al Gore and the Global Warmers put forward, you will find the evidence is extremely flawed,...They like to cite the IPCC report as conclusive, which they say is made up of 1000's of Scientists, but if you analyze how the report was published, you will find that its flawed as well, Not to mention that many of the members serving on IPCC are made up of environmentalists with an agenda.

I encourage you to watch these 2 clips before buying into the "man made" belief, these are the clips Global Warmers DON'T want you to see.

20/20: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/S...3751219&page=2

CNN: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XU8jyz9Acy0
So what will you do now that you uncovered the "truth"?

Drive around in your big SUV, have a barbecue next to your local coal-powered power plant and litter the landscape with plastic packaging?

I hope not, and whatever you can contribute to preserving the environment is fine by me. Just don't make things worse.

BTW I agree with you that is unfortunate environmentalists should take part in scientific debate around environment. However at this time I will take all the environmentalists I can get. This is about the legacy we leave for our children.

•••
Element said:
I never thought of this before. In the upcoming years these domain names could be worth tons. I'll have to see if I can find a few good ones and register them.

My thoughts exactly and it doesn't really matter whether anyone believes globalwarming is manmade or not. The undisputed fact is that its happening and because of this domainers should take note of the potential profits to be made with good names in the alternative energy industry.

•••
nstalk said:
My thoughts exactly and it doesn't really matter whether anyone believes globalwarming is manmade or not. The undisputed fact is that its happening and because of this domainers should take note of the potential profits to be made with good names in the alternative energy industry.

This is very true. A HUGE sector of this whole area are the Financial Instruments- Futures/Derivatives - being created by Wall Street to trade Greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). This is already a $30Billion dollar plus a year industry and will hit $100Billion by 2010! Check this quote out:

"The greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) market could become the largest environmental commodity market in the world, with estimates of annual turnover exceeding $100Billion annually by 2010. An emerging market of this magnitude creates major business opportunities."

That from Trexler Climate Energy Services. I have read many articles in financial publications about this huge emerging market. Very exciting. Just do a google search and see for yourself. So I got:

GHGBusiness.com

GHGDerivatives.com

EmissionsFutures.com

EmissionsDerivatives.com

Also, beacause of the huge growth in Geothermal energy- it is already a well established and fast growing "alternative energy" throughout the world- and a multi-billion dollar industry- I got:

GeothermalFinance.com

Everywhere in the media these days; tv, magazines, newspapers, radio- everything is Go Green/Alternative Energy/GHG Reductions/Eco Friendly. This is a SUPERGROWTH market sector that domainers would be foolish to ignore.

•••
These look odd today, maybe not so tomorrow:

PongamiaOil.com
Seabeet.com
PassiveHeatStore.com
Microclimatized.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back