Dynadot

Official Solar Energy Domain Names thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that everywhere I look I see some ad or article or tv commercial or tv show for Alternative Energy and Green this or Green that. This is a HUGE trend and yet is stll in its infancy.

Solar power seems to be at the forefront of the Alternative Energy movement. What are you doing to take advantage of this? What Solar names do you have? Also, what do you think of the future of Solar Energy and the future value of Solar domain names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
npcomplete said:
I wish I could put a solar system in. In the Seattle area this is quite acceptable in most areas, but of course Seattle is hardly a good place to do it. OTOH, in our Vegas home we are banned from installing anything solar, since it is deemed unattractive, and written into the CC&R contract. It is in one of those upscale communities where everything has to look perfect. No cars are allowed in site (must be in garage), no solar installations, no visible satellite tv dishes... It is funny because Vegas is the perfect place for solar, but banned in some of the communities.

Weird. The places like Seattle where it isn't effective have no problems with installations, and the places like Vegas where it would be perfect ban it because of appearance.

Marc

Lets be clear about this ..... to say "and the places like Vegas where it would be perfect ban it because of appearance.
" ..... is not exactly true.

You bought a home controlled by a "Home Owners Association". They can tell you what kind of trash cans you can use. Color of paint on your home, types of plants in your yard and even the vehicles you park in front of your house or in your drive way. HMA's are all over the country not just in Vegas. HMA's have a horrible rep in Vegas and Im surprised anyone buys homes in those developments.

Nevada, or the City of Las Vegas, does not bann the practice or use of solar systems (grid tie-in). In fact if your system puts back into the grid you can actually get a check from the Power Co. I'm pretty sure the state and Fed. Gov. will also extend a tax credit.

http://www.dsireusa.org/library/inc...Code=NV08F&state=NV&CurrentPageID=1&RE=1&EE=1

namenut

•••
namenut said:
...snip...
You bought a home controlled by a "Home Owners Association". They can tell you what kind of trash cans you can use. Color of paint on your home, types of plants in your yard and even the vehicles you park in front of your house or in your drive way. HMA's are all over the country not just in Vegas. HMA's have a horrible rep in Vegas and Im surprised anyone buys homes in those developments.
...snip...

With our HOA you cannot even park your own car in your own drive way. No cars should be visible while not in motion... and I bought it because of location location location, it's Vegas lakefront property, and a lot of those kinds of places are strict about what people do on their own property... If you want the property you live by the rules, and one of those rules is no visible solar devices that might be deemed visually unappealing to the design committee. There are a lot of places like this.

Marc

•••
npcomplete said:
With our HOA you cannot even park your own car in your own drive way. No cars should be visible while not in motion... and I bought it because of location location location, it's Vegas lakefront property, and a lot of those kinds of places are strict about what people do on their own property... If you want the property you live by the rules, and one of those rules is no visible solar devices that might be deemed visually unappealing to the design committee. There are a lot of places like this.

Marc

yes, Marc, there are a lot of places like this and I'm sure there are also a lot of people working on laws right now to put a stop to it. I don't expect these kinds of rules to last in todays environment.....nor do i expect the home owners themselves to want them to.

Globalwarming is a serious problem for us all and everybody will one day be expected to do all they can to control or deter it....without any restrictive laws.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back