IT.COM

Getting Back into the Game

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A long time ago, I tiptoed the edge of the field of selling domains...only to back away.

Now I have an itch to re-enter "the game," not under any grand illusions of making money, but out of curiosity. I do believe I may have only a few decent names, but I don't want to start an appraisal thread.

Is there a reputable site/business/user that I can ask private appraisal for even one of my domains, at a price, of course? I do not expect anyone to help for free. Time is labor. However, I don't want to get scammed, either.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello!

Would believe that persons fitting your appraisal qualifications could be located on the site although offhand, have no first hand experience with a similar type of private appraisals/appraisers.

Likely one or more persons who read through this thread could make appropriate suggestions,

Welcome back " into the game" !

•••
Don't pay anyone privately for an appraisal. You can go to the professional appraisal section or ask the mods if they know someone. Be wary of anyone offering to give you appraisals for a price unless you are sure of their track record.

•••
Thank you both for replying.

Don't pay anyone privately for an appraisal. You can go to the professional appraisal section or ask the mods if they know someone. Be wary of anyone offering to give you appraisals for a price unless you are sure of their track record.

I appreciate the warning. Appraisal scams were a problem back when I used to post, so I would be wary of anyone who approached me with the idea of appraising a domain. Of course, just making this thread probably made me a big target for the unscrupulous.

Unfortunately, it seems I need to upgrade my account to get to the professional appraisal section, but I did say I would pay.

•••
Why not put just one domain up for public appraisal, just to see how the response goes. I agree don't be paying for any appraisal service. Besides I think by going public on one domain you can judge by the members history, perhaps even their sales profile if the appraisal is from experience.

Most good appraisals (even when negative) on Namepros will give you the reason/s for that opinion

Last edited:
•••
Hello and welcome...reach out to a few members that you feel are honest and knowledgeable via private message...there are some here that will help with valuations.

•••
A long time ago, I tiptoed the edge of the field of selling domains...only to back away.

Now I have an itch to re-enter "the game," not under any grand illusions of making money, but out of curiosity. I do believe I may have only a few decent names, but I don't want to start an appraisal thread.

Is there a reputable site/business/user that I can ask private appraisal for even one of my domains, at a price, of course? I do not expect anyone to help for free. Time is labor. However, I don't want to get scammed, either.

The appraisals will vary widely depending on who you ask and in the end all that truly matters is if an end user wants the domain.

Start by creating a few landers or if you want to do it simply sign up with efty.com to automate this process. After that list your domains on sedo and godaddy and between all of that you will soon discover if you have decent domains or not.

Decent domains will get some action and I usually list my newer domains with an opening bid of $250 just to see how many nibbles I get. Of course I will not sell them for that but it is a gauge to see if there is interest and also helps to drive people to your landing pages as they try to figure out who the owner is.

Sorry.... cant give away any more strategy :xf.laugh: but that should be a decent start for you. (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Eric Lyon has been giving some stellar well researched appraisals. You would have to reach out to see if he would do privates....Best of luck and welcome back!

•••
Thank you all. I think I got a little too much attention with that thread I started, though.

•••
Put whatever name you have in the market and see how people respond to it. That's the best appraisal you can get.

In the end, the best appraisal can only come from the buyer. Every other appraisals means nothing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back