IT.COM

Geo Domains HQ

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just thought I'd create a thread where we can all talk openly about Geo (Service) Domains. Seems like a hot topic which I've been discussing quite often now.

Let's get together and chat geo domains.

Advice, Questions, Statistics, Recent Sales, Venting Frustration, etc..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just aquired:
1. PanamacityHomeInsurance.com (Panama city- capital of panama with more then 800,000 population and city in Florida with 20,000 population and if we count metro then 130,000
2. HendersonHomeInsurance.com (Henderson- city in Nevada with 260,000 population, in Kentucky 30,000 and in North Carolina 18,000)
3.StocktonClub.com (Stockton- city in California with 300,000 population)

Share your opinions and your recent domains which you aquired.

•••
Well hello all...I hv AustinInsuranceAgents.com and Sanfranciscocouriers.com
Please any say on these ? Both good and bad
Still new so I guess they might be crappy

•••
Yes, it's good to go after industries and services which have a high dollar associated with the price of work they provide per customer. But then again, it's somewhat of a gamble since I did sell a city+clockrepair.com previously and could not sell my city+fencing.com name lol

Spyfu is good in that you will see if any companies are currently paying for that specific keyword/phrase in adwords advertising.

Google Keyword Tool is good to just see how popular the keyword/phrase is and how many people are searching for it in general, per month.

•••
Anyone made any sales recently?

•••
got aeHQ.net...got it on fortnight....already got a low$xxx offer....ae for Arab Emirates...

•••
•••
Anyone sold any domains recently??
Nope, no sales as of yet.

Still trying few tweaking with the landing page ideas as shared in this thread. Let's see. My few domains with landing pages will be ready by next week.

•••
Trying to sel a big city + personalinjuryattorney.net. Will report , how much would it be worth?

The city has a population of 650k.

•••
•••
•••
I few days ago i registered TampaBridal and now I have an offer of $ 200 haha
Nice one. Did they find you through a marketplace or was this after you did some outreach?

•••
chicago+personalinjuryattorney net was sold for $1900
I dont like "long" domains and .com is much better

I have to agree with this. Long names are quite the mouthful for radio and work of mouth. Will it even fit on a business card? Can't believe the .net sold for that much. Lucky seller IMO

•••
I've been doing some comparison of geo domain sales with US cities and found weird sales:

PortlandNow.com and SeattleNow.com sold for $125 000 each in 2008. Wow.

For comparison the second largest sale for Portland was PortlandHomes.com for $11333.
http://dnpric.es/?q=|portland

Do you think that was a sales genius at work? To me those domains just couldn't be worth that much, esp in 2008.

Yes, I noticed that pattern too with the city+Now.com's. There's several of them, all around the same time and for big money. It's nuts. Not sure how that happened.

•••
I was wondering if you guys also noticed something fishy going on with some of the domain registrar's I'm not gonna mention which ones but I saw this happen a few times to me, with 2 different registrars. Now I could be paranoid or it could actually be a conspiracy lol. This happened mainly during the release of .online domains. I basically went on a man hunt to get as many .online GEO domains as I could find.. based country and city. When I searched on one registra for Amsterdam.online it was available then when I checked on the other one it was listed as a premier domain, for I can remember exact price but it was $xxxxx range then when I checked back with the first registra again... they had also all of a sudden whacked it into a premier domain category.. This exact same thing happened on a another GEO .online domain for a major city.

•••
Do you guys think we have to reg all possible variations of a geo domain, for example if we want to sell HoustonCleaners.com, and we email local businesses telling them how great it would be to own a short domain name, but CleanersHouston.com (or any other short variation there is, maybe not as good as ours, but still an improvement compared to their current one) is available for a regfee, a potential buyer who is interested in optimizing his domain name would just reg a name for a regfee instead of paying us $xxx, and we end up with having given free advice and no profit.

•••
If any of you have six figure budget for country.com names give me a PM ... Ty

•••
Bunch of offers on carribbeanislands.org AFTER I started putting time/money into building it out. Committed to making it a successful site now
Never thought of .org for GEO keyword domains, (always did assume the org was basically for charities etc)

Not sure if anyone else is familiar with or use this free tool from Godaddy
https://www.namepros.com/threads/geo-keyword-domain-search.847788/

Any thoughts on this..
If you can't get your Geo domain in a dot com, (for example for USA based GEO's) how about using (dot)us ?

•••
I'd like to use custom pages, but it's uncomfortable to do with most free hosting services. Are there any good providers for having ton of websites with tiny amount of data on each, who charge little for it?
I offer free Web hosting on my site: cloud.wales
Fill your boots

•••
1681cv03445 geodomain case happening now 4-1-17

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back