NameSilo

.us General Value of .us and .biz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know that the real value of a domain is only what a buyer is willing to pay at any given time. What I am more interested to know, if there is any kind of pricing info on .biz and .us extensions avaialble which one can look at as a refrence.

How much a good (ovt/keyword traffic) .us or .biz name go for generally?

What is the maximum price attained for these two extensions in the domian market?

Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're asking a question that is by far too vague by any circumstance to answer.

But comparatively, ranking is possible, although it should be conceived as an opinion.

com
net
biz
us
org
info

Hope that helps, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to PM me

-Steve

•••
Thanks Steve for the quick reply. I am basically interested to know only about two extensions.

.US and .Biz

ok, let me rephrase my question. :)

Do we have too many sites sold in X,XXX - XX,XXX range with these extensions?

Thanks!

•••
There is no way to quickly answer such a broad question.

That being said... there are 2 things you should do for the reference you seek.

1) Read and research. Check sales here at NamePros and read plenty of threads. Check SEDO. Check Afternic. Check other venues that sell domains. There is nothing that will replace experience. I've been successful in the .US space myself, but it was hard work, and nothing I (or anybody else) could say in a single post will show you the way. Time, experience and getting your hands dirty - all the answers are there.

2) Check DNJ's reported sales of new extensions (.US/.BIZ./INFO) for reference.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

They have a new report coming out later tonight, and each Tuesday.

Below are the 10 highest reported sales at DNJ this year for .US/.BIZ/.INFO.
*Keep in mind that not all sales are reported.

VOIP.us -- $25,000 AllNetServices 5/24/05
Best.info -- £12,000 = $20,880 Sedo 7/19/05
Industry.us -- $17,000 Pvt Sale 3/15/05
Musical.info -- €10,440 = $13,936 Sedo 3/8/05
CellPhones.us -- $12,250 Moniker/DomainsSystems 1/4/05
Auto.biz -- €6,000 = $7,966 Sedo 1/4/05
Maschinenbau.info --("building engines" in German) €5,950 = $7,772 Sedo
Connect.us -- $7,500 Sedo 4/5/05
BES.biz --€5,500 = $7,139 Sedo 4/26/05
Safe.biz -- €4,000 = $5,189 Sedo 1/25/04

http:www.DNJournal.us

•••
hmmm, thanks -db- for the heads up. Thats kind of the information I was looking for.

WOW industry.us sold for $17k. My few .us doamins might be worth something then. :)

•••
chodhry said:
hmmm, thanks -db- for the heads up. Thats kind of the information I was looking for.

WOW industry.us sold for $17k. My few .us doamins might be worth something then. :)
what domains do you have... post them in the appraisal section and we're give them a shot ;)

-Steve

Last edited:
•••
post them in the appraisal section and we're give them a shit
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

ASK DB all your .us questions he is the MAN.

•••
equity78 said:
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I think someone mad a bad typo :yell: -- he meant "we'll give them a shot" I believe.

The key with .us and .biz is that the names should fit the extension well. For .com almost any good name works, but for us/biz you should make sure the name works -- registering any random dictionary .us/.biz usually doesn't amount to much value.

•••
rocketfly said:
I think someone mad a bad typo :yell: -- he meant "we'll give them a shot" I believe.

The key with .us and .biz is that the names should fit the extension well. For .com almost any good name works, but for us/biz you should make sure the name works -- registering any random dictionary .us/.biz usually doesn't amount to much value.
:o

I'm truly sorry, I did have a typo, I did mean shot.

:(

-Steve

•••
rocketfly said:

Good point, fly.

•••
Thanks Guys for the help.

rocketfly said:
equity78 said:
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I agree.

stscac said:
chodhry said:

what domains do you have... post them in the appraisal section and we're give them a shot ;)

-Steve

Thanks Steve, I have posted one domian in the appraisal forum. i.e. HivTesting.US.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back