GB.com may have sold

Discussion in 'Domain Industry News' started by equity78, Nov 29, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Business Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Did GB.com get sold? Domain sleuth George Kirikos tweeted out that the registrar changed and the domain is now under privacy. It appears that @CentralNic may have sold their GB.com domain name (change of registrar, and also WHOIS privacy). — George Kirikos (@GeorgeKirikos) November 29, 2017 When checking whois I see that the nameservers are now at … [Read more...]

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Charles Carreon

Charles Carreon Established Member

An excellent two-letter domain. I would love to see that developed. It's amazing how much greed a two-letter dot-com will inspire.

I worked on the recovery of RL.Com for several years. It's amazing how tenacious the guy who acquired it for $15,000 from the hijacker was about hanging on to the domain. He lost on summary judgment, appealed and got a partial reversal, went to jury trial, lost there, took an appeal, lost there, went bankrupt and tried to get favorable rulings from the bankruptcy court, and failed there. A Google Scholar search gives you the whole sordid history, for those who want to read a real domain-theft detective story as told in the actual legal documents.

3. bingoo

bingoo Established Member

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: