GayPattaya.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sells at Afternic.com for $30K - maybe :gl:

virtusllc.com* 750 07/11/2005
gaypattaya.com 30,000 07/11/2005
REFERABILITY.com* 199 07/11/2005

Bidding went from very low $x,xxx to $30K same bidder so possibly a wrong' un. :|

Gays and Pattaya is a huge business so it could be genuine :tri:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually, that was a sale for a package of domains. GayPattaya.com was the name used to start the escrow transaction.

•••
"Pattaya" for those wondering (including myself before I looked it up).

Pattaya (Thai พัทยา Phattaya) is a city of 95,000 registered inhabitants (2004) in Thailand, located on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand, about 165 km southeast of Bangkok in the province of Chonburi. The real population of Pattaya is about 500,000 - the discrepancy to the official figures result from the complicated registration procedure - most Thais remain registered in their hometown, even if they relocate. It is one of the biggest centers of tourism in Thailand, with some 1.5 million visitors in 2003.

Source: Wikipedia.com, the free encyclopedia.

More "Pattaya" info can be found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattaya

•••
billinchina said:
Actually, that was a sale for a package of domains. GayPattaya.com was the name used to start the escrow transaction.

Thanks Bill,

I live in Thailand and have many Thai related names so was particularly interested in this one , was Pattaya Tony the buyer by any chance, he owns most of the bars/discos there, gay and straight :wave:

-db- said:
"Pattaya" for those wondering (including myself before I looked it up).

Pattaya (Thai พัทยา Phattaya) is a city of 95,000 registered inhabitants (2004) in Thailand, located on the east coast of the Gulf of Thailand, about 165 km southeast of Bangkok in the province of Chonburi. The real population of Pattaya is about 500,000 - the discrepancy to the official figures result from the complicated registration procedure - most Thais remain registered in their hometown, even if they relocate. It is one of the biggest centers of tourism in Thailand, with some 1.5 million visitors in 2003.

Source: Wikipedia.com, the free encyclopedia.

More "Pattaya" info can be found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattaya

Most probably the hottest raunchiest city in the world :hehe:

Came to prominence during the Vietnam war when the US armed forces used it for "r & r" thousands of girls and boys from all over Thailand flocked there (still do) to cater to certain requirements of the US servicemen abroad and the big bucks they could earn. Many of the girls now live in the US with their families.

Stiil promoted as the sex capital of the world with many companies from every country arranging "cultural" tours.

Played down by the Thai authorities but fortunes are made there, particularly by "officials", corruption is a way of life :o

Last edited:
•••
Wot, thanks for the additional information. I had never heard of it before this.

Sure sounds like a pretty wild place! :o

•••
-db- said:
Wot, thanks for the additional information. I had never heard of it before this.

Sure sounds like a pretty wild place! :o

It really is something else, has to be seen to be believed D-:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back