Dynadot

poll Gab.com - For Sale? Would you buy it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

With all the controversy isis the gab.com domain worth more or less?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Worth way more

votes
    38.5%
  • Worth the same

votes
    12.8%
  • Worth way less

votes
    38.5%
  • I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole

votes
    17.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
gab.jpg

We all know the controversy surrounding gab.com

The domain name sold a while back for $220,000 which is not unreasonable for a 3 letter .com.

The big question is....

What is the value of Gab.com TODAY?

Has it gone up or down in value? Is the old expression that any press is good press correct when it comes to domains. Does the controversy take away from the value of the domain itself if it were used for a different application.

My personal opinion is NO, I think if anything the immense popularity of the domain adds to the value upon resale. It's simply a matter of re-educating the end client tell and taking advantage of the traffic.

That is my opinion, what is yours?

Discuss in a reasonable manner please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess today price is 50k$ resellers
Between 100k$- 250k$ end users
But you can not find end users everyday

•••
down because of conspiracy on this domain now investors will be scared to buy this domain
this is just my opinion ....

•••
I chose "Worth way less"... because anyone who could afford to buy a 3L.com is astute enough to use the notoriety to their advantage, to negotiate the price down :sneaky:

•••
More for sure. Could rebrand this in a positive way. Something for kids maybe.

•••
I agree that it is possible that smart marketing could overcome the negative association, perhaps, but overall I think it is badly damaged and I voted it is worth less. Has it been released how much of the $220k had been paid? I understand it was purchased on a payment plan.

•••
•••
value is about the same give or take a few g's - it's a nice generic name and could easily be used for a different site/co

i have a few gab names myself - nice short and to the point

Last edited:
•••
I will buy it, if they are offering it for free 😁

Last edited:
•••
Its only tainted for one segment of the population, so why not. Are you brokering it MD? The Stones had ton’s of “Bad publicity”, that was great free publicity. GAB is now more well known than before, even if its bad publicity they had 800,000 users! Glad to see a competitor to Twitter anyday.

•••
good point, never heard of it until it was posted here

•••
It's still good 3L.com, Whatever happened to them is "Pure Politics" but it's not going to drag its value to zero. I am sad for the investor as it's investment got turned ugly & he got dragged in dirty politics.

Yes, I believe in "Freedom of Speech" but not on the cost of my religious & personal sentiment.

•••
I think "any press is good press" has been the motto for almost anyone who are into selling...
Marketing agencies...
Or Political campaigns..
Their main target will be getting attention...even if it is a negative one...

This can be good if it adds hype and reaches more eye balls...
Conspiracy can be good / bad for the leading topic...

But in this case I think it is leaving the main product (domain) with great negative reputation which is far more worse than any conspiracy/hype created.

This might give huge traffic for now...but it makes it difficult to get a buyer for itself...

The negative reputation it is associated with lowers it's total value...
I am sure some people/registrars will see opportunity in this...that's how business works..

Just my opinions..

•••
GAB literally means ATM in french.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
Guichet Automatique bancaire (GAB)

•••
•••
GAB literally means ATM in french.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
Guichet Automatique bancaire (GAB)
That's pretty crazy I had no idea

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back