IT.COM

Fusedhosting.net Down?? Please help!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

It has come to my attention that all day today Fusedhosting has been down. All of my sites hosted with them are not working and I can't even access their site to make a support ticket.....

Furthermore, I don't have a backup of my sites, and I see that the company was recently sold to someone else, so I am REALLY concerned about this!

If anyone knows ANYTHING - PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Starting to think that buying the company for this new company was not a smart move considering they are running it in to the ground.

•••
Hi, stumbled across this thread because I've been searching to see if anyone else has been having this problem. I set up 2 account with www.fusedhosting.net about a week or so ago so I've been hit with these issues since they began.

After opening several support tickets, hitting the various email addresses and in the end pretty spamming the support I've got a response from:

Taylor Snow
IT Director , Fused Hosting
[email protected]

After the email I received announcing a migration to another server on Friday all was quiet. I have now been informed that the migration should be complete later today and that "administration department is in discussion of compensating for the downtime with some promotions and or some free upgrades for those effected by this downtime." and "Please be advised that this is a completely rare case".

So this is the last chance as far as I'm concerned - if this isn't sorted in the next 12/24 hours I'm getting out. Hope this gives you all some more info on the ongoing issues.

btw - the server's currently down.

•••
So this is the last chance as far as I'm concerned - if this isn't sorted in the next 12/24 hours I'm getting out. Hope this gives you all some more info on the ongoing issues.

Ditto! thanks for dropping in and reassuring us, I wish we could have all received that notice. I myself am very disappointed that we never even received a notification of ownership transfer or that we'd even be at risk of downtime. :|

•••
The old owners are just as much to blame as the new owners on this.

They claim this was their "baby"...what a joke. So much that they take the cash and the term of not letting their clients know about the sale and a chance of downtime to cash in.

As for the new owners, their updates have only kept saying that all the issues are resolved...which is an outright lie. Some upcoming promotions? What a joke...just fix the stupid thing. Tell us why it's down, what is causing it, and when it will be up for sure for 100%.

•••
I am seriously losing money because of this. I would really like to cancel my account and move my files and sites out of there but i cant because the main site does not load. I am even willing to bite the 3 months i paid in advance because the money i am losing is worth way more than i have invested at this point.

•••
Lesson for Jack & Joe

I appreciate the fact that you no longer own the company.

BUT I'd say that you had a MORAL obligation to everyone here to send out an email to all your customers saying;

Hey we sold, everything will be better, blah,blah,blah, new owners, great things to come.

You say you couldn't mention anything. Well when you sold you could have easily made that a condition of the sale.

Instead we hear nothing. We had a stable server before the deal went down. Pretty obvious the new owner had some excess capacity somewhere else and he's busy jamming all our accounts on some server located god knows where. And I say that because likely god (whatever version) is the only one who actually knows whats happening.

Sad way to kill your <quote> baby <quote>.

I'm moving everything don't care about a refund since it was a small account. But I'm also never to buy hosting from Jack or Joe or Fusedhosting again.

•••
down again, wow....
just when I thought they are finally up. guess I am too naive

•••
What The F%$#$%%^#$##

Just when I had just set up my site ready to be online and the servers' down AGAIN! Been with them a year and this is what we, the customers get! No notification, no service!

Its time to move on...

•••
The old owners are just as much to blame as the new owners on this.

They claim this was their "baby"...what a joke. So much that they take the cash and the term of not letting their clients know about the sale and a chance of downtime to cash in.

As for the new owners, their updates have only kept saying that all the issues are resolved...which is an outright lie. Some upcoming promotions? What a joke...just fix the stupid thing. Tell us why it's down, what is causing it, and when it will be up for sure for 100%.
This is a bad situation, yes, but Jack & Joe do not deserve the blame here.

I've not run into many companies that announce they are being acquired ahead of time. And terms or clauses where the old owners are not allowed to talk about specific parts of the deal, etc, is not uncommon.

•••
FusedHosting really sucks big time now!!!! I can't access files, can't move files, no response to my tickets and emails, down from time to time.

I am really moving no matter if they fix this next month, next year or never!!!

I used to like fusedhosting, see this comment from me before - http://www.namepros.com/501251-www-fusedhosting-net-new-proxy-line-2.html#post3290568

But now, it really sucks!!!! I've lost a lot because of its very poor service!!!

•••
[/COLOR]
This is a bad situation, yes, but Jack & Joe do not deserve the blame here.

I've not run into many companies that announce they are being acquired ahead of time. And terms or clauses where the old owners are not allowed to talk about specific parts of the deal, etc, is not uncommon.

This is not uncommon for clauses which restrict what the current owners of a business can tell the customers. Usually they also add a clause which means the current owners (jack and Joe) Will not be able to create another web host within a set amount of time so the old owners dont just steal there old hosts customers.

You can not blame Jack and Joe for this problem. They obviously have a lot of other things to deal with, and they would not of sold there host to anyone who they did not think would be able to carry on the top quality service they have prided themselves on since they launched fusedhosting.net. The new owners have really messed things up. lost many of us adsense revenue and customers who do not want to use a website which is down 50% of the time. I will be happy if they can give us the uptime they promised, however i would like some compensation from them, whether this is a upgrade or free hosting for a set amount of time!

And please remember to not fire your anger at Jack and Joe, it is not there responsibility anymore and have taken time out of there lives to post in a thread about a company they have nothing to do with now!

Last edited:
•••
Yeah cashing out and screwing all of your clients over certainly doesn't make them at fault.

They have a fat check. We have a server which has now been down for 24 hours, and a lot of the time over the past 7 days We have all lost something because of it, some more than others. This is totally unacceptable. The fact that they slid this new ownership under the table behind their clients backs makes them part of the problem. I don't care what terms they are bound by, they made the deal, they could have easily have changed the terms. Thy could have easily have made an agreement to tell us about this.

If anybody could have foreseen this, we obviously would have switched sooner. As of now, it looks like our sites are gone. And considering I had a database of value of 10-15K...somebody will be getting sued.

•••
Down once again... I'm losing my patience.

•••
Yeah cashing out and screwing all of your clients over certainly doesn't make them at fault.

They have a fat check. We have a server which has now been down for 24 hours, and a lot of the time over the past 7 days We have all lost something because of it, some more than others. This is totally unacceptable. The fact that they slid this new ownership under the table behind their clients backs makes them part of the problem. I don't care what terms they are bound by, they made the deal, they could have easily have changed the terms. Thy could have easily have made an agreement to tell us about this.

If anybody could have foreseen this, we obviously would have switched sooner. As of now, it looks like our sites are gone. And considering I had a database of value of 10-15K...somebody will be getting sued.

Not necessarily! It is usual for those clauses to be in the contract, if they break them they could have some hefty legal suits ect ect. They couldn't just "chance them". Writing up a contract is a very expensive and long process. It's very naive to think this is "easily" changed Why take it out on the original owners. im sure they did there best to make the transition as smooth as possible. A lot of your reasoning is incorrect!

•••
This is starting to get really deep.... I will be surprised if i actually have any visitors after this.

•••
Right. So if you put $10,000 in a bank. And the bank sells their company, and you come to find out in the transaction...your money is missing...the bank you first trusted with your cash, that you signed up with...should be completely free of any blame while they laugh and cash their checks!

That's essentially what happened. We trusted the previous owners with our assets. They took our assets and gave them to somebody else, and so it would seem right now..they are gone. All without any communication. What a great company!!

•••
Right. So if you put $10,000 in a bank. And the bank sells their company, and you come to find out in the transaction...your money is missing...the bank you first trusted with your cash, that you signed up with...should be completely free of any blame while they laugh and cash their checks!

That's essentially what happened. We trusted the previous owners with our assets. They took our assets and gave them to somebody else, and so it would seem right now..they are gone. All without any communication. What a great company!!

Completely agree.

•••
For how long, it is been down?

•••
For how long, it is been down?

before it was up again for sometime, and then down again.
well I am loosing patience too...:D.
I know it is late to say this, but it is time to move on to other hosting, I am loosing money too over this.

•••
This is ridiculous. Absolutely no communication about this either, for all we know the guy isn't even working to get it back and restored.

•••
Anybody got any updates from the alleged "NEW" fusedhosting guy?

Based here - hxxp://whois.domaintools.com/fusedhosting.net

Registration Service Provided By: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: fusedhosting.net

Administrative Contact:
Impact Hosting
Robert Wolfe ([email protected])
+1.4192950423
Fax: -
P.O. Box 8077
Mansfield, OH 44907
US

Any body from the US who can call him or kick him and let him know that he created a lot of trouble? He is not responding in emails...

•••
Anybody got any updates from the alleged "NEW" fusedhosting guy?

Based here - hxxp://whois.domaintools.com/fusedhosting.net

Registration Service Provided By: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: fusedhosting.net

Administrative Contact:
Impact Hosting
Robert Wolfe ([email protected])
+1.4192950423
Fax: -
P.O. Box 8077
Mansfield, OH 44907
US

Any body from the US who can call him or kick him and let him know that he created a lot of trouble? He is not responding in emails...

No answer....

•••
2 of my users just said the server is back up for them. Still down for me, but I assume it will be back up soon for all of us if that is the case. I'll be getting my files and getting the eff off of this server ASAP.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

It works now for me if I use a proxy as well, FINALLY.

•••
Looks like its up but i am not about to do anything with a proxy

•••
It's still down for me. I've bought the new hosting. Just got to move my files to the other host.

I can access my website through a proxy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back