IT.COM

Fusedhosting.net Down?? Please help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

It has come to my attention that all day today Fusedhosting has been down. All of my sites hosted with them are not working and I can't even access their site to make a support ticket.....

Furthermore, I don't have a backup of my sites, and I see that the company was recently sold to someone else, so I am REALLY concerned about this!

If anyone knows ANYTHING - PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Apart from the situation I mentioned earlier (which is totally unacceptable and unforgivable), two questions:

1. How come the server was perfectly okay until the sale?
2. How come the server's been going down for the last 10 days, as they say in the email, but they haven't sent out a notice earlier? It took them 10 days to realize that something's wrong. I mean, being down for 14 hours must say something...

(I haven't recieved this email yet)

•••
man...I cant believe this....
please at least answer this: when will the server be up again.
I cant even do backup...

•••
Yeah,... I just got home a lil bit ago and was going to remove my site info from fused... but they are already down???!!! Still no response to my emails either.

Mr. Wolfe is doing a poor job at best with Fused.

•••
I havent used fusedhosting for any of my domains but my friends always use it and say it is really good. But will this be up soon or will it continue ??

•••
•••
•••
This is so dumb. My site has been down for about 4 hours now.

This is after about 3 times of them telling me they were all good and things were gonna be fine.

If they are the same servers, why suddenly are they just crashing 5 times a day for hours at a time?? Makes absolutely no sense.

1000 database forum errors. OH YAY!

•••
Server is back up, I can now write to ftp and do everything I should be able to do. Apprently there should be no more downtime, scheduled or not. Ill give it 48 hours, any problems im requesting a refund and changing host! Least I can backup my sites now! I got another copy of the email they sent me yesterday. Least there mass mail is working! lol

•••
Least there mass mail is working! lol

No, it's not. I haven't received an email from them. And I don't really give a damn anymore. I managed to get out of there on time...

•••
No, it's not. I haven't received an email from them. And I don't really give a damn anymore. I managed to get out of there on time...

I assume you are happy with your new host now

•••
Well I requested a refund, and sense then I have not heard a single word from fused or Mr. Wolfe, guess they are just gonna ignore me now. I'm done using Fused! And I will continue to demand my refund. I don't care if it's only $2.95.... I had just set up a new account right before all this started.

•••
Can anyone suggest the web hosting provider like fused hosting with same prices?

•••
Well I requested a refund, and sense then I have not heard a single word from fused or Mr. Wolfe, guess they are just gonna ignore me now. I'm done using Fused! And I will continue to demand my refund. I don't care if it's only $2.95.... I had just set up a new account right before all this started.

How did you pay and how do you do to request refund ?

Last time I tried have made the accounts read-only so I couldn't backup with Joomla backup.
What is the best & easiest backup module for Joomla ?

•••
What is the best & easiest backup module for Joomla ?

Joomla Pack is quite popular, there are many backup extensions in the joomla directory. As far as the read only permission goes, I had to move one site, I just downloaded everything through FTP and exported SQL, after that just changed the nameservers & upload to another server, make the necessary adjustments to configuration.php and you're done.
How to Move Your Joomla! Site to a New Server | Installation | How-Tos

•••
I think at the end of the day this situation is out of Jack and Joe's control. They offered us a great service when they owned the company. As far as I know the new owner was unlucky to be hit by a Datacenter outage when he/she took it over, however this doesnt cover them for the several errors that have occurred since.

So, until the new owner decides to speak out, I think it is unfair for us to keep knocking the company, fair enough there's some problems and I'm sure Jack and Joe don't want to be reminded every time they come to the forum about how bad the transfer went, because it isn't there fault.

My suggestion would be to give fused a chance, they may be a few problems and hopefully they will come out the other side, If you have recently paid for your hosting then try opening a ticket, you may be able to get some free months as compensation, but I think its important we don't give up too much yet.

Someone should tell the new owner about this thread, I think a simple reassurance will go a long way in a situation like this. As for Jack and Joe, I hope the business you spent hours and hours working on doesn't go down the pan ;)

Regards,
Sean

•••
There's no way to contact them and tell them about this thread, because they don't reply (except to people who want to sign up), and their email doesn't work most of the times.

The server is at Softlayer (for example, NP is hosted on a Softlayer server), and the datacenter outage thing is nonsense.

Jack and Joe don't want to be reminded? We aren't posting in this thread because of them. After all, they have nothing to do with Fused anymore. We are posting here to let people know what the new owner is doing. That shouldn't bother the old owners, because their service was flawless.

•••
Softlayer has multiple datacenters. There was a Seattle downtime which can be found somewhere on the web...

I have forwarded this thread to them. They are there and are replying to email tickets that people have mentioned to me. If in doubt. Login to the billing panel and try submitting a ticket? I don't know.

•••
Don't worry Jack, thanks for clearing the datacenter problem though.

I know someone who contacted them and they have replied, so just give it a shot :)

•••
Heh. I sent at least 5 emails, no reply (admin, support, billing). I sent emails to the owner of the company, no reply. I sent emails to their sales representatives (whose email is on their main domain, newimpacthosting.com), no reply.

I haven't received any emails about the downtime, unlike some others who have.

I have been completely in the dark. I wouldn't normally be pissed off like this, but I have lost rankings + money because of this. If someone told us that there will be problems, I would say okay and move the main sites to another server. I understand that servers can go down for whatever reason. What I absolutely despise about hosting companies is not communicating properly with their customers (as in letting them know what is going on).

•••
Have you checked the email on your account, that would suggest why you haven't received any mass emails if the email is wrong.

•••
Have you checked the email on your account, that would suggest why you haven't received any mass emails if the email is wrong.

Of course. It's Gmail.

I tried sending a mail again, and...

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Your messages has been rejected, there are too many invalid recipients in the group [email protected]

•••
I mean the email on your account over at Fused.

Have you tried opening a ticket via your user panel?

•••
I mean the email on your account over at Fused.

Have you tried opening a ticket via your user panel?

I tried, but couldn't log in. I get the 'invalid password' all the time, although I recieve it via Forget password seconds before that.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back