IT.COM

Fu*k Flippa for accepting bids after auction ends...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was the highest bidder for a domain at the deadline. Why are pending bids allowed when the auction ends and seller is given up to 72 hours to accept? This is not "make offer" but this is a dang auction!!!! A deadline is a deadline.

If a bid isn't accepted before the deadline then it shouldn't be legitimate. I've been watching this name intently for a while. When an auction closes it means it closes.. It is not legal anywhere in the world to be accepting bids when an auction is over.

If you bid last minute then you should cut out the approval process.. Because I would see that a bid beat me and then respond with a higher bid. All i see is that I am the Top Bidder Now i get a messaging said there are pending bids blaa blaaa blaa...wtf Flippa

You motha ffers need to be more transparent...Even ebay is better because if someone outbids you with little time to go you can know instantly that u are outbid.. and respond as fast as you can. I know about sniping.. but the auction is live and u see instantly. Flippa auction is almost like a backdoor deal.. where you send secret bids while shile showing another person as top bidder. This shiiit still shows you as the highest bidder...

What the fu*k is this seller approval about? Clear people to bid and if they are cleared then let them bid and let live be live..If they have a bad history and then close them out all together...

Never heard of an auction where you don't know who won until up 72 hours after the auction ends... that's the message they gave me. I would and back door some motha fuxxers but i won't add another penny to them..

Then to complicate things whenever i bid with under an hour left it seems like time gets added. So why wasn't time added then, even five minutes to prevent this scam. This is worst than sniping. And it might not be added unless the seller is around to accept bids/offers.. to show you have been outbid... Thus you can't respond or get time added because the seller might be home taking a sheet on the toilet or jak n offf in the back room.

It starts with integrity Flippa.. That platform will fail because of a lapse in integrity. Bad practices.

Mark my words: Flippa.com will Fail as a platform. It's a matter of time before anew platform comes into play.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks I will send the feedback up. The disclosure of bidder via a bid handle has been a topic we have looked at in the past but can look at again. We have a lot of bidders on the auctions and a pretty robust fraud check system in place with both manual and automated checks which keeps our platform the cleanest I have experienced. We have released many things over the years such as bidder verification to keep evolving our platform and make sure it is running fairly for all participants.
We are also a public company which means we are audited by outside agencies for many things. You're also right in pointing out that we make money from the auctions. That money needs to be accounted for and that is checked as well by auditors.
I would say in many cases it is pretty easy to see who is bidding against you by simply watching the whois for the new owner. Some use privacy but many bidders do not and it is fairly easy to see who the winners are after the fact if you watch their patterns. Many of these "last minute" bids are not done by a person sitting at a desk but someone using our API, which anyone can access if you request access from support. Write your own code to tell it to keep an eye on certain auctions and outbid at the last minute and try and wear out the other bidders as it seems they are trying to do here.
We have chosen after consulting with many customers to not release our user names at the time of bidding. There are positives and negatives to both sides. Some of the positives have been mentioned already. One of the main reasons we do not list usernames is we believe the value of the domain name should speak for itself. It is fairly easy, again by watching the whois, etc to see who belongs to what handle. I think it is fairly common knowledge for many frequent bidders on Namejet for example, to know the handles of the "famous" domain investors. We think everyone should have a fair shot at the auction and should do their own research regarding the names they are investing it. It is not fair for someone to see that Frank Schilling or Rick Schwartz etc are bidding on a domain name and then jump into the auction they would not have bid on without seeing the handle of a famous bidder in the mix. This protects everyone, once you start winning names and work hard at refining a niche and sifting through tens of thousands of names on a daily basis to find those gems, when people start seeing your success resulting from investment in time, energy, and money they will start watching your username and bidding accordingly. We know because it happens at other marketplaces, and they get complaints for having the usernames exposed :)
As I said there are pluses an minuses to both sides. We believe in a philosophy of having the name itself determine the value, we strictly enforce auction rules to make sure bidders are legitimate and complete payment, and ban those who don't and we are audited by outside entities.

•••
First off, re.

Wow So No Response from Flippa at all...

Is Flippa remaining silent on this? Sometimes not saying anything speaks volumes.

Delegate
C:\Users\Kev\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
Even if just for a temporary response "We're aware of this, an official response is coming soon" etc

Unfortunately, silence does speak volumes in problematic scenarios. Doesn't mean you don't have a good reason etc, but without it being public silence remains the response

Those of you who know me relatively well know that I'm in here a lot and I will always respond to any inquiry or statement about Flippa. If you do not hear from me after an hour, or 12, or even a day or two ...it does not mean that I'm avoiding the discussion. I have (a little bit of) a life that sometimes extends past being online all day. Thanks to those of you who understand that. ( i.e. @wwwweb )

And please don't mistake this statement as dismissing these issues as unimportant. These are serious product issues. That said, the changes to these processes won't all be simple, and won't all be swift. There are reasons for all of this, and I hope a larger explanation will shed some light on where we've been with these things, where we are now and where we hope to be.

One last thing I want to add, before I start dissecting things...is regarding this:

Of course everyone's entitled to days off, but thebusiness never sleeps surely? And when there's a thread with the title "F*CK [YOUR_COMPANY_NAME]" in the most popular forum for the business' industry, and lots of people posting negative feedback, I would have expected someone to respond, fairly quickly.

The OP's title to this thread, while not the worst I've ever seen, is not the best way to start a productive dialogue with me.

I get how dissatisfied and frustrated many of you are, but if you have no respect for our company, an ounce of respect in here goes a long way -- I'm the one responding to you, and appreciate it.
---

I want to break this down into a few different sections.

Pending Bids vs. Auto-Accepted Bids

The Bidder Alias Debate

Recap of Changes @FlippaDomains is pushing towards

---
Pending Bids vs. Auto-Accepted Bids:

I was the highest bidder for a domain at the deadline. Why are pending bids allowed when the auction ends and seller is given up to 72 hours to accept? This is not "make offer" but this is a dang auction!!!! A deadline is a deadline.

A seller should have to set their requirements on who can bid before the auction even starts but not after each bid.

Thus if seller is not around you are screwed. The auction basically ended with me as the top bidder but people got approved after.

Who is working at flippa all these years and don't have the common sense to devise a simple working system???? I hear about them working on this and that but I don't see it...

The reasons behind this product decision came from a well-intentioned, and "legacy" place.

Given that Flippa is almost 7 years old and was predominantly a websites marketplace for more than half this amount of time, it's become quite clear to us that this rule is most apt in the websites marketplace.

The idea behind allowing sellers to "manually" accept their bidders was one of due diligence and security: if a buyer had no history and/or otherwise looked dodgy, the seller could reject their bid.

Our Director of Websites finds that those he interacts with consider this useful because it "encourages conversation between the buyer and seller and there are traditionally a lot of deal terms to be hashed out in advance of a website sale."

On the Websites side of the coin, there are bids *rejected* due to a seller not feeling comfortable with the buyer.

As you all reading this know, it's quite different on the domains side of the coin.

From my vantage point, the issues regarding bids being accepted post-auction far outweigh any benefits a domain seller may have in doing due diligence / rejecting someone's bid.

I'm in agreement that this is an outdated product choice, and should be revoked immediately. (please see my proposed solutions, below)

higher bids = higher commissions

So basically that seller didn't give an opportunity to other potential buyers to place their bids and as a result might lost some profit. Accepting bids after auction ends isn't good for both, sellers and buyers

I loathe that pending bid policy. I'll spend a month watching a domain and bidding and in that last minute I'll have to throw a Hail Mary of a bid, hoping I get the highest bid.

I imagine flippa is well aware of the policy, it's only because they know bidders have to bid more than usual if they really want to win an auction, which means more commission for them.

And how is the bidder supposed to know what are the amounts of the pending bids? He never gets a chance to beat that price and that is ridiculous.

Well - and if you are playing with proxy bid - as most do ? How can you know that the pending bid is higher ?

I happens with me for one of my auction. Someone placed Bid 2 minutes before cut off time. Auction ended and last bidder becomes winner. It is unfair for the highest previous bidder because it did not give them any time to place anymore bid.

I think people have grown too comfortable and acceptable with Flippa. We become aware of these pending bids and so we just overtime work with it. But it's bull and we need to call them out. Once bidding starts things should already be set.

Flippa needs to change bidding policy.

1) Pending a bid is bad. How can a seller verify a buyer? Flippa is in a better position to verify the buyer, not the seller. If a seller does not like the buyers first bid coz it is too low, they don't approve and even a no reserve auction remains unsold!

Another problem with pending bid is, if a seller is is not around to approve new buyer close to the closing time, the bid is not placed. Seller loses out the higher bid and buyer though willing to pay more, still does not win the auction.

What other auction platform has a seller approval process for bids? Flippa is not friendly to buyers. I don't even go there anymore. Make the platform better for buyers, and in turn it will become better for sellers.

Yes, I read you all loud and clear.

To clear a few things up -- @FlippaDomains (not me, but the product) is actually going against its own best interests with this rule.

It is true that a "solution" is to simply "bid the highest you can" in an attempt to break through the existing proxy in place, so that when a seller approves your bid POST-auction, you actually win -- instead of seeing "Your bid has been approved / you lost" messages that come through.

As has been stated above, the ability to COUNTER would result in not only a better (and normal!) experience for the buyer, but potentially a better sales price for the seller. And guess what, more commission for Flippa.

Another possible solution to this -- instead of deciding pending bids POST auction -- was to have the pending bid be "cancelled" if it wasn't decided before auction's end.

Would you appreciate this instead of the *chance* to actually win? I wouldn't.

I think the ONLY solution is to auto-accept all bidders for a domain auction. If you feel safer utilizing the "manual accept" option, that should still be available to you. As a last resort, you can message our support team and request we monitor the auction for you.

I know asking for patience is a futile request with many of you -- but it's important for me that you know that I'm really trying to get it pushed through. Prior to responding to this post, I spoke to an Australian colleague who's getting this spec'd out as I type.

---
The Bidder Aliases Debate

I have been vocal about our exploration into doing this, and I think we're getting closer to enacting it. I agree with the following:

Anyone know why flips hides usernames but gives clues to total spent beside the name, what's the big secret?

I really think they should introduce bidder usernames like namejet and others have.

That is why usernames are super important, but they are still absent from the platform. It will open up alot of bidding reform.

...and yet, I do very much appreciate @Joe Styler 's comments below:

I would say in many cases it is pretty easy to see who is bidding against you by simply watching the whois for the new owner. Some use privacy but many bidders do not and it is fairly easy to see who the winners are after the fact if you watch their patterns.

We know because it happens at other marketplaces, and they get complaints for having the usernames exposed

My personal leanings are to highly encourage our userbase to utilize an alias, though am unsure as of yet if this will be a compulsory change. I can see some disliking the removal of anonymity, though I personally feel it's a step in the right direction for transparency and increased trust within the marketplace. It's part of our User Verification revamp, which I'll mention below...

---
Recap of Changes us at @FlippaDomains are pushing towards

I've stopped posting product roadmap/changes preemptively on this forum, because I know people get frustrated with me - feeling like I'm always in here posting about all the great changes we'll soon be making. But where are they?

If I could tell you I know when everything is going to happen, I'd be lying. But what I can tell you is that there is a reason you haven't heard from me as often. The things we are working on behind the scenes are going far beyond fixing bugs, outdated product issues or enacting feature requests. We're scratching at the very core of the marketplace, its current state with all its flaws, and how we can transform it moving forward.

I don't think it's fair to speak about things that I don't have a timeline on yet, but I am hoping that all of the following will be addressed in the second quarter of this year. We have a new, and very solid, team in Australia making product and development changes -- and I am confident we're going to be addressing these in a more timely manner.

- Domain auctions need to default to auto-accept all bidders. If a seller wishes to manually accept, they can toggle this in their listing settings. Website and app auctions will remain defaulted to manually accept bidders.

- "Pending" bids decided post-auction will be a thing of the past. This change will kill the instance of a bid being accepted *after* the end of an auction.

- The 60 minute extension time for an auction is being reviewed.
Good suggestion:
2) Extending the auction by one hour is way too long...Extending the auction by 5 minutes is sane. How long are most buyers going to wait around if auction is extended by an hour every time. Seller loses out again if buyers leave the auction due to such long extensions.

- When you click "Buy it Now," it means "BUY IT NOW" ! In other words...I'm hoping that the rule of a seller being able to *reject* a BIN offer rides off into the sunset. A reject on a BIN basically means...it's not a BIN.

- User Verification & Bidder Aliases:
- The former is something we're going to be completely re-doing. We're at least 3-4x better than where we were a mere two years ago, but we must - and will - do better with how we onboard and verify new users. I'm hoping to see a publicly visible "score" or marker of sorts, that shows the transacting party just how "verified" the other one is. An alias is one such step a buyer or seller can complete to become further "verified." This - our user verification revamp - is in progress.

- Employee Involvement Clarifications: I have teased about this, but it is coming very soon.

---
Some final thoughts:

1. Flippa let's after auction bidding and if you win, you don't know if you won and you don't get chance to bid higher.
- Addressed above.

2. Flippa ignores ticket from seller that it has removed reserve by mistake and that results in $60K sale not going through. Ref L7.com
- The sale did not complete and was reversed. That's really all it comes down to.

3. Flippa sells a name for $40K, the buyer doesn't honor the deal, but instead of the name going to the second highest bidder, it goes to a new non-participating bidder that was on "waiting list"? Ref. Nerdy.com

- There is no such thing as a "waiting list." Again, lots happening behind the scenes with this one.

4. Flippa let's obvious fraud listings like vodka.life be. And someone claimed that they have reported similar deals and moderators have told him they are fine.

No one reported this to our CS / Marketplace Integrity teams, nor myself. Not even on the other thread, which I found via a Google Alert. I brought it to the attention of our team and it's since been suspended.

We cannot monitor the hundreds of auctions that sprout every single day, so in these instances, a quick note to [email protected] (or if you feel you're not being listened to / you do not agree with the decision they responded with, reach out to me directly).

---
And finally:

I have joined Flippa couple months ago; but after hearing so many negatives from this company I never visited their site anymore. Peace of mind and stress free are better than few bucks gain. This company it need of some serious transformation; and it will start from top to bottom. Get rid of those trouble makers, they are toxic for the business. Auctions should be clean and be managed by people with clean hand. Just a thought..

I encourage and invite you to speak to one of us personally. If there's something you're looking to buy, we can assist in due diligence. If you're seeking to sell, we can help with best practices. With so many product changes forthcoming, if we aren't able to ease your concerns at this very moment, I will be back when more has transformed to see what we can show you then.

Last edited:
•••
Bids being accepted after auction close happend to me before also, a stupid policy to say that least, which disrespects all active bidders.

Also happend to me I once spent the better part of 6 hours in a bidding war, where some guy chose to bid at the absolute last minute for hours on end. 1 hour bid extensions are a bit much, life is just to short.

I know Kevin has been very active on namepros sn making it a more friendly marketplace, and goes out of his way to get things fixed, maybe you can reach out to him with your concerns.

•••
Week in week out ,,,,, there is always another issue with this company. Very hard to trust them not to screw you over ....... higher bids = higher commissions

•••
I understand the second chance offer, but how many times have you been on the other side of that second chance offer. You said you bid upto $3K on a domain, you got outbid by that single bidder, if he didn't put that last bid in at $2975, you would have over paid $2XXX against a bidder who did not have the funds, or was not willing to close.

When you are on the other side of that bid, you just never know, that is what I am trying to state. The fine for failing to pay is a $10 reinstatement fee.
I stated before we have manual and automatic checks in place. We are able to proactively scrub anything we think is a bad bid and manually review anything that is flagged. It is a rare case that one would get through. It is also unlikely that someone would be able to bid over $1500 without a verified account. It is also not a $10 fine, we have various fines and bans in place that allow us to deal effectively with any situation. If we feel someone is falsifying bids we permanently ban them, no fine, and if it is malicious we can inform their ISP and block that user from our site as a whole, etc. We have many options open to us all of which I will not go into in a public forum as we do not want to give away all our controls and protocols to bad actors. I will say again we run a tight ship and bad bidding is not tolerated. We balance that by allowing for errors which people can make, we are human. This is where a fine may come to unban the account, however, you cannot simply pay a fine and continue to act bad on the auctions, you will be banned.

•••
What other auction platform has a seller approval process for bids? Flippa is not friendly to buyers. I don't even go there anymore. Make the platform better for buyers, and in turn it will become better for sellers.

•••
Just received a first bid on my auction and it was accepted automatically :) Looks like I don't need to sit for hours waiting to accept a last minute bid :)

Thanks, @koskov - Yes, I can confirm that this change has been pushed through:

All bids on Domain Auctions will now automatically be accepted.

•••
same thing happened to me on godaddy just a couple of days ago. i'm on the app closely watching a particular auction and i'm the lead bidder when the words auction ended replaced the clock. a few seconds later, i'm not the lead bidder anymore and ended up paying an extra 55 bucks for that one.
There are a ton of idiots on godaddy, there sole mission in life is to simply to keep pushing the bid up $5 in the last few seconds, right to your max, then they bail, and stick you with a max bid. That is why usernames are super important, but they are still absent from the platform. It will open up alot of bidding reform.

•••
Bids being accepted after auction close happened to me before also, a stupid policy to say that least, which disrespects all active bidders.

Also happend to me I once spent the better part of 6 hours in a bidding war, where some guy chose to bid at the absolute last minute for hours on end. 1 hour bid extensions are a bit much, life is just to short.

I know Kevin has been very active on namepros sn making it a more friendly marketplace, and goes out of his way to get things fixed, maybe you can reach out to him with your concerns.
As the auction ends, Flippa can extend it by even 5 minutes if you get outbid. The problem is that the seller has to approve each bid before the extention happens. A seller should have to set their requirements on who can bid before the auction even starts but not after each bid. So basically if an auction has a minute to go, and someone outbids you.. you will have no clue???? Because if the seller is not around to approve the bid, then the auction will still show you as the top bidder. Because they are waiting on the seller to get off their toilet to come and approve the secret bids...The maximum bidding system where flippa will bid on your behalf automatically doesn't work either as long as seller has to manually approve each bid. Because you are not notified that someone outbid you until seller approves the bid. Thus if seller is not around you are screwed. The auction basically ended with me as the top bidder but people got approved after. If pre-approved common sense settings were implemented then the auction would have automatically been extented an hour or even "5 minutes".. thus giving it integrity and allowing seller to make more. In my case the seller would have made more than an extra $5.

Who is working at flippa all these years and don't have the common sense to devise a simple working system???? I hear about them working on this and that but I don't see it...

•••
Hi,

I happens with me for one of my auction. Someone placed Bid 2 minutes before cut off time. Auction ended and last bidder becomes winner. It is unfair for the highest previous bidder because it did not give them any time to place anymore bid. I did offer similar name to previous highest bidder for his highest bid just to make him happy. He accepted offer and happy but that is not correct way of handling auction on Flippa. There is certain bad rules Flippa has and they should seriously take into consideration before it is too late.

Thanks

•••
Another flippa story just in few days... Sad...

GD: I have noticed a weird thing over the time... If I choose 20 names I like and randomly split them into 10 and 10, bid on 10 of those last minute the $12, 7-8 of those would get another bid from someone and the 10 that would go to closeout, maybe 1-2 would be snatched by someone.

I refuse to believe it is coincidence. And I have stopped placing bids on GD names unless it is real gem and I rather try my chances that nobody has seen the value I am seeing and take it at closeouts...

•••
For GD, I also don't have time to play the games with some idiots that will do +$5 just before time expires again and again to reset the clock. I just can't be in front of the monitor for 2 hours to see the name go from $12 to 200$ slowly, but I also don't trust them enough just to have the highest number I want to really bid. So I also gave up on that.

For flippa, once I decided to look through their 4L inventory of auctions and bid my numbers for the ones I liked. After few bids (7 or something) it said "you can't bid X bids in less than X hours (don't remember exact numbers). Again, I don't know what against they are protecting themselves, but don't have time to come back again, do query look through bunch of garbage. Don't like adding "watch" as well, as I then get spammed by all the messages.

•••
If you are saying they stop right close to your max, that is either coincidence (you both value the name similarly) or it must be insider thing.

I don't trust GD auctions that much. They don't shy away from even simple and visible stuff, like gauging their view counter to make the domain look more popular than it is. Just go to any domain's page and refresh the page and you'll see the counter counting views in doubles...

I have placed a ton of proxies at different levels over the years at varying amounts and I mean weird amounts like $87 and other similar strange amounts and time and again a bidder or more then one takes it exactly to $5 short of my max proxy where you can see if you look at the bidding history the proxy is at an end (easy to spot if you look carefully). They then run and make me pay up over and over again.

It makes me sick, so for now i'm not using godaddy auctions until I can figure out if there's a way to stop this happening to me as a buyer, so curious if others have had similar to me which I can see above some have experienced as well.

•••
I have placed a ton of proxies at different levels over the years at varying amounts and I mean weird amounts like $87 and other similar strange amounts and time and again a bidder or more then one takes it exactly to $5 short of my max proxy where you can see if you look at the bidding history the proxy is at an end (easy to spot if you look carefully). They then run and make me pay up over and over again.

It makes me sick, so for now i'm not using godaddy auctions until I can figure out if there's a way to stop this happening to me as a buyer, so curious if others have had similar to me which I can see above some have experienced as well.

Don't do proxies, unless you absolutely need the name... Let the shill?/stupid? bidder always to second guess if they'll have to hold the baby...

•••
Flippa needs to change bidding policy.

1) Pending a bid is bad.

How can a seller verify a buyer? Flippa is in a better position to verify the buyer, not the seller.

If a seller does not like the buyers first bid coz it is too low, they don't approve and even a no reserve auction remains unsold!

I just don't get the point of using Flippa escrow and having concept of pending bids! Signing up for Flippa escrow already is stringent, what else is needed to verify the buyer! For buyer's verified for Flippa escrow, give them privileges, like allowing their bids to be placed immediately. This will motivate more buyers to use Flippa escrow, which is in Flippa's favor.

Even if pending bid is used, it should be used only for buyer's with negative rating, else bid should be applied immediately.

Another problem with pending bid is, if a seller is is not around to approve new buyer close to the closing time, the bid is not placed. Seller loses out the higher bid and buyer though willing to pay more, still does not win the auction.

2) Extending the auction by one hour is way too long.

With few dollars, and bidding on 59th minute every time, a buyer can stretch the auction for hours. Extending the auction by 5 minutes is sane. How long are most buyers going to wait around if auction is extended by an hour every time. Seller loses out again if buyers leave the auction due to such long extensions.

•••

That is a real pain in the ... I had to sit near my laptop for a few hours in a row, just to make sure that I approve all last minute bids. Really inconvenient

•••
Another post I don't understand or you misunderstood mine. Please re-read or explain.
I understand the second chance offer, but how many times have you been on the other side of that second chance offer. You said you bid upto $3K on a domain, you got outbid by that single bidder, if he didn't put that last bid in at $2975, you would have over paid $2XXX against a bidder who did not have the funds, or was not willing to close.

When you are on the other side of that bid, you just never know, that is what I am trying to state. The fine for failing to pay is a $10 reinstatement fee.

•••
Hahahahaa. So funny written.

Sorry for your experience.

Flippa sucks and that is a fact !

•••
Was reserve met?

If it was not, I can understand why they allow afterhours bids, otherwise..

•••
same thing happened to me on godaddy just a couple of days ago. i'm on the app closely watching a particular auction and i'm the lead bidder when the words auction ended replaced the clock. a few seconds later, i'm not the lead bidder anymore and ended up paying an extra 55 bucks for that one.

•••
Actually it is a way to game the system, in the hands of pure evil, it can be used for bad things.

Most times a seller needs to verify the bidder, so if a bidder places a bid that is not verified by the seller, the seller will still have the chance to accept their bid after the auction closes.

I am surprised flippa has not closed this loophole, I discovered it over a year ago now.
This loophole is a lack of integrity. Even on ebay they are common sense implementations where a seller can set requirements bidders have to pass in order to bid on their listing, such as their rating or history, so you don't have to deal with phony bidders. But on flippa the seller has to manually approve each bid. This should be set before the auction starts. I have a perfect history. So bids can go through and buyers can know instantly that they have been outbid. Basically the seller could be doing anywhere doing anything and nowhere to approve a bid as auction closes. Thus no live updates, no notifications, you could be listed as the top bidder when auction ends. But still lose because of these last minute bids that have to be approved. If their system allowed for common sense bidding then the auction would have automatically been extented.

•••
My frustration with godaddy deserves a second post lol.

I really think they should introduce bidder usernames like namejet and others have.
I want to know who these idiots are who keep deliberately pushing the bids to my max proxy bids on multiple auctions just to make me pay more. I used to think it was just coincidence but it isn't.

After numerous and I mean tons of expiring auctions i've bid on and won this has happened over and over again. I've actually got fed up of this happening so have stopped using them to buy certain names for a while at their platform. Anyone got a solution to this problem, am I missing somethiong obvious?

Sorry OP for derailing the thread, it was only because others mentioned godaddy and my frustration about this got the better of me.

•••
My frustration with godaddy deserves a second post lol.

I want to know who these idiots are who keep deliberately pushing the bids to my max proxy bids on multiple auctions just to make me pay more. I used to think it was just coincidence but it isn't.

After numerous and I mean tons of expiring auctions i've bid on and won this has happened over and over again. I've actually got fed up of this happening so have stopped using them to buy certain names for a while at their platform. Anyone got a solution to this problem, am I missing somethiong obvious?

Sorry OP for derailing the thread, it was only because others mentioned godaddy and my frustration about this got the better of me.
I don't use godaddy for bidding at all, just don't like it. I am guessing from what you are saying that people could easily even create extra accounts just to bid on their own names or have others who do in order to scam or get the maximum price. That's just one loophole. Yeah there has to be accountability and transparency. But maybe someone else more experienced using Godaddy can better help.

•••
I don't want to accuse anyone and am not claiming GD does it, but they, as a platform, do gain every cent of higher bid... It could be an employee, in theory (again, my experience is not a proof, but too much coincidence and indirect stuff), whose KPIs are tied to the number of domains and gross amount of sales from expired auctions...

I can't just imagine that everytime I bid last minute, there is another bidder also looking at it and when I decide to wait (random distribution also included) nobody does... Maybe it is a damn stupid investor who does not trust his own taste )) But still, I have made my decision to bid for names I "kinda" want...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back