Domain Empire

registrars FTC Rules Network Solutions Misled Consumers on 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Network Solutions got slapped by the FTC for not providing clear terms with their 30 day money back guarantee. Network Solutions did not make it clear that they hold up to 30% of the refund. There was no fine by the FTC but there will be penalties should they violate the terms set forth by the FTC.
Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission has approved a final consent order involving Network Solutions, LLC, which misled consumers who bought its web hosting services by falsely promising a full refund if they canceled within 30 days.
In an administrative complaint issued in April 2015, the FTC alleged that Network Solutions, a domain name registrar and web hosting provider, offered web hosting packages with a “30 Day Money Back Guarantee,” but did not adequately disclose that it withheld up to 30 percent of the refund from customers who cancelled within 30 days of buying an annual or multi-year package and registering an included domain name.
NOTE: When the Commission issues a consent order on a final basis, it carries the force of law with respect to future actions. Each violation of such an order may result in a civil penalty of up to $16,000.
Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not before time that NetSol are taken to task for their sleezy business practices. I took advantage of a $0.50 domain registration, and got slapped with a $35 bill on my paypal account. Up to the time I was sent to my PayPal account the charge was $0.50. They hid the amount being charged to my paypal account until after payment was completed. It was only then that I could see the full charge. B*stards!

•••
It's not before time that NetSol are taken to task for their sleezy business practices. I took advantage of a $0.50 domain registration, and got slapped with a $35 bill on my paypal account. Up to the time I was sent to my PayPal account the charge was $0.50. They hid the amount being charged to my paypal account until after payment was completed. It was only then that I could see the full charge. B*stards!

Did you receive a refund of the 34.50?

•••
think anyone will use this FTC statement in an attempt to get their money back?

•••
•••
yeah I have always been eery of them!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back