Domain Empire

Frontpage vs Dreamweaver

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vichousefc

Account Closed
Impact
Hi All,

Can you get a more professional effective website using dreamweaver or frontpage? Which one is the best just for designing sites, not all the database stuff.

Thanks

Carl

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeahh nothing can beat dreamweaver... only thing i hate this slowing my PC..

•••
I prefer using dreamweaver...

•••
I prefer to use a good old fashioned text editor, but that's just me. If I had to choose i'd go for Dreamweaver, at least they have script snippets that can be useful to beginners. (Which I assume you are if you need a WYSIWYG program...)

•••
I don't use either, i use notepad :D

•••
Dreamweaver is definitely what I like to use. It looks sleek :)

I haven't used very many other editors...but I especially like the fact that a color selection comes up everytime I need to set a color (I can't memorize all the codes).

•••
Hate Frontpage!!! Dreamweaver only!

•••
Frontpage sucks!!!!

Sorry but i really don't like the crappy code frontpage writes plus dreamweaver is industry standard for design.

•••
I would go with dreamweaver, it rocks. Its the most professional and saves you heaps of time! :talk:

•••
I'd also say Dreamweaver is the best. I had been using this cool open source WYSIWIG editor (nvu.com, I think), but I've been messing around with both FP and DW lately. Looks like DW is better overall, plus it's not Microsoft, so that's got to be worth something.

•••
What's up with everyone and dreamweaver? Adobe GoLive is a much more powerful and Professional software-it makes dreamweaver look like a childs toy and I have used dreamweaver since version 4 up until the MX series. Then I bought the Adobe CS premium edition and would never go back.

•••
Dreamweaver all the way, it ain't that hard to use.
When I started web design, I got myself DW, and after about a month, it wasn't that confusing anylonger.

Therefore, go buy / whatever Dreamweaver! :)

Imo, Frontpage kind of sucks :/

•••
Well i havent actually used dreamweaver , although i want to , but because is very expensive i will not. I am using Frontpage because i was given this product when i bought my computer.

But i think the comparison is unfair comparing the cost of each product.

Is like comparing Ferrari Enzo and a Mazda... :p

the cost is different, therefore is it cost efficient for starters?

•••
Systmz said:
What's up with everyone and dreamweaver? Adobe GoLive is a much more powerful and Professional software-it makes dreamweaver look like a childs toy and I have used dreamweaver since version 4 up until the MX series. Then I bought the Adobe CS premium edition and would never go back.

GoLive is substandard and not considered a professional webpage programming tool... it's code is not optimized, and doesn't have half as many of features and CSS capabilities as Dreamweaver

That's one of the main reasons Adobe bought Macromedia (apart from Flash) :)

•••
I really do like frontpage more i just think its better.

•••
The only problem i have with dreamweaver is tat it takes a longer time to load than Frontpage.
so when i want to do fast editing, i use frontpage to do quick changes.

•••
I'm suprised people keep asking this question so often. Almost everyone uses Dreamweaver over FrontPage

•••
I find that the proffessional look is more up to the designer, but dreamweaver makes it easier to design professionally.

•••
Dreamweather is giving more clear code, and it is easy to use. so definetly Dreamweaver is better to use.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back