discuss From Perfect.com to Proactis.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Picture0018.png

www.perfect.com

If you had a perfect domain name like perfect.com would you really change it to proactis?

It's a trend happening worldwide where companies are making up names so they can have the .com.
All sorts of unusual names are cropping up just because the .com domain was attainable.

However, in this case it seems to be the exact opposite where a company is giving up an incredible domain like perfect.com to rebrand to proactis.com. I can only speculate and say they received a sizeable offer for perfect.com and are using it for a while until everyone gets accustomed to proactis.com.

That said, would anyone here trade perfect.com for proactis.com?

Hmm.... really not sure on the logic behind this one. (unless its cash, lots and lots of cash)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like the Proactive acne medication :wtf:

Last edited:
•••
I stumbled across this purely by accident because I own perfect(dot)ca and I wanted to see who owns the .com

Last edited:
•••
Maybe it's just me. I kinda like Proactis.com better. Although as @Samer says it "sounds" more in tune with a Pharmaceutical company.

•••
Proactis was always around a public company out of the U.K. They acquired Perfect Commerce in 2017.

U.K.-based spend management and e-procurement solution provider Proactis announced Friday it’s snapping up Perfect Commerce, a U.S.-based source-to-pay (S2P) provider.

Assuming shareholder approval, the new company, which will be called Proactis, will be one of the largest global cloud-based spend management companies, according to the announcement.

The $132.5 million deal (in aggregate consideration) roughly doubles Proactis’ revenue. Proactis is running at roughly £25 million in its current fiscal year, while Perfect Commerce exceeds a $35 million annual run rate, making the deal a reverse takeover, of sorts.

Perfect’s CEO Hampton (“Hamp”) Wall is taking the helm, while long-time Proactis CEO Rod Jones will be stepping down (as he announced a few months back) and handing over the keys of the portfolio. Tim Sykes, Proactis’ CFO, will remain in that role.

The merger is the latest move in an ongoing acquisition-based global growth strategy for Proactis, which has acquired Intesource, EGS, Intelligent Capture, Due North and Millstream within the past three years. Perfect Commerce has previously acquired Hubwoo, Commerce One and eScout. You can see Spend Matters coverage on Proactis’ and Perfect Commerce’s previous acquisitions below:

https://spendmatters.com/2017/07/07/proactis-acquires-perfect-commerce-something-fishy-good-way/

Last edited:
•••
Proactis was always around a public company out of the U.K. They acquired Perfect Commerce in 2017.

U.K.-based spend management and e-procurement solution provider Proactis announced Friday it’s snapping up Perfect Commerce, a U.S.-based source-to-pay (S2P) provider.

Assuming shareholder approval, the new company, which will be called Proactis, will be one of the largest global cloud-based spend management companies, according to the announcement.

The $132.5 million deal (in aggregate consideration) roughly doubles Proactis’ revenue. Proactis is running at roughly £25 million in its current fiscal year, while Perfect Commerce exceeds a $35 million annual run rate, making the deal a reverse takeover, of sorts.

Perfect’s CEO Hampton (“Hamp”) Wall is taking the helm, while long-time Proactis CEO Rod Jones will be stepping down (as he announced a few months back) and handing over the keys of the portfolio. Tim Sykes, Proactis’ CFO, will remain in that role.

The merger is the latest move in an ongoing acquisition-based global growth strategy for Proactis, which has acquired Intesource, EGS, Intelligent Capture, Due North and Millstream within the past three years. Perfect Commerce has previously acquired Hubwoo, Commerce One and eScout. You can see Spend Matters coverage on Proactis’ and Perfect Commerce’s previous acquisitions below:

https://spendmatters.com/2017/07/07/proactis-acquires-perfect-commerce-something-fishy-good-way/

And such a perfect time to rename the entire company to perfect.

I cannot think of a better way to brand, perfect is way better than proactis.
However I do understand the logistics of this and it's probably not possible.

Besides, only domainers think so highly about domains, the company executive in this case could be clueless about domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They could make a tagline... "If it's not perfect, it better be Proactis". Just till the confusion dies down.

•••
If you had a perfect domain name like perfect.com would you really change it to proactis?
The answer to the above question is no.

But here we are not talking just about domains, but about already established brands.

And what happened here is that Proactis.com has bought Perfect.com, and not the other way. And Proactis was already an established brand, so they don't see any improve about changing the name of its brand.

They could swift from Proactis to Perfect? Yes. But I think that when you buy another business, the usual move is to maintain the winner business name, the brand that has bought the other one.

Last edited:
•••

Yeah, I thought it was a result of an acquisition. Recently a company with an extremely ugly name rachuneo.pl bought a competing service bm.pl and yup, they redirected the name to their own website. Although it's a bit different than the Proactis/Perfect case, because bm.pl was relatively known and rachuneo.pl had no recognition whatsoever. Go figure.

•••
Show attachment 169208

www.perfect.com

It's a trend happening worldwide where companies are making up names so they can have the .com.
All sorts of unusual names are cropping up just because the .com domain was attainable.

However, in this case it seems to be the exact opposite where a company is giving up an incredible domain like perfect.com to rebrand to proactis.com. I can only speculate and say they received a sizeable offer for perfect.com and are using it for a while until everyone gets accustomed to proactis.com.

That said, would anyone here trade perfect.com for proactis.com?

Hmm.... really not sure on the logic behind this one. (unless its cash, lots and lots of cash)

I think they are preparing to sell perfect .com there is no other logical reason behind this move!

•••
Perhaps someone isn't actually working for the company with another agenda.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back