IT.COM

Free .co.uk and. uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nameaura

NameHunk.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hello all

Names.co.uk official site of namesco Ltd a Dada company having a promo going they are giving away Co.uk and .uk domain for free for 1st year

Domain will be activated after you verify your card with them and after 1hrs domain will be in your account

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any clue how many domains per account ? Also, is it a reliable Registrar ?

•••
You have bad and good review about them lots of my clients have domain there they are using without an issue

I have ordered three with them and activated

You can try

•••
by the way 1 per account is allowed

•••
I registered a domain twice with them. After you checked out (and paid $1 btw although its free), it gives a message there is a problem and they need to investigate. They never get back to you and the domains were never registered.

•••
I did 1£ has deducted 1£ refunded in 24hrs nd got same message
After an hr got a message your domain registered successfully

•••
Don't try to register "Free Name" they ask some $15 when you would like to transfer that "Free Names".

•••
Don't try to register "Free Name" they ask some $15 when you would like to transfer that "Free Names".
Not just for the Free Names. According to their terms and conditions, their transfers come with a £10 fee whether .com or the .uk variants.

Not to mention that their renewal prices are quite expensive.

•••
I registered a domain twice with them. After you checked out (and paid $1 btw although its free), it gives a message there is a problem and they need to investigate. They never get back to you and the domains were never registered.

Same thing happened to me when I tried registering on Monday after seeing the promo on an earlier NamePros' post. I even opened a ticket. When I didn't get a reply after 24hrs, I deleted my card from my account and registered the name at Dynadot for $6.95.

Unless you intend to drop the name after a year, it's just not cost effective to register with Names.co.uk

Last edited:
•••
Same thing happened to me when I tried registering on Monday when I saw the promo on an earlier NamePros' post. I even opened a ticket. When I didn't get a reply after 24hrs, I deleted my card from my account and registered the name at Dynadot for $6.95.

Unless you intend to drop the name after a year, it's just not cost effective to register with Names.co.uk

Well there is slightly successful rate. I have tried to register one long time ago & they asked me to explain why I want to register that name & asked me to submit ID proof along with Bank statement and credit card photo. I said heal no just screw that name.

•••
Any clue how many domains per account ? Also, is it a reliable Registrar ?
They allow one .co.uk and one .uk per account. Of course for the .uk, you'll have to have the rights of purchase (you must own the .co.uk) if the .co.uk is already registered.

For example, if cars.co.uk is registered by someone else, you can't register cars.uk. You can only do so if you are the one that registered cars.co.uk.

However, this restriction will be lifted by Nominet in 2019.

Last edited:
•••
Gurdjieff:

"there is no free meal "

•••
Not just for the Free Names. According to their terms and conditions, their transfers come with a £10 fee whether .com or the .uk variants.

Not to mention that their renewal prices are quite expensive.
Hey, which is the best place to sell the .co.uk domain? Though my domain is not Ultra premium but yes, it's a good domain, So please let me know the best place!

Thanks in advance for the reply :)

•••
Hey, which is the best place to sell the .co.uk domain? Though my domain is not Ultra premium but yes, it's a good domain, So please let me know the best place!

Thanks in advance for the reply :)
You can sell anywhere. But Sedo seems to be the venue with the highest number of .co.uk sales according to Namebio

•••
You can sell anywhere. But Sedo seems to be the venue with the highest number of .co.uk sales according to Namebio
Thanks, did you ever used sedo for selling a domain? If YES, then I have a query!
Which option is best to add the domain in SEDO?
Direct auction 69$
Marketplace auction 0
Great domains auction 10$

•••
Thanks, did you ever used sedo for selling a domain? If YES, then I have a query!
Direct auction 69$
Marketplace auction 0
No, I haven't used Sedo before

•••
Direct auction 69$
Marketplace auction 0

wait until you get an offer
and then use an auction if you like

•••
Back