NameSilo

news frax.finance STOLEN at Name.com - Owner needs help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It seems that frax.finance has been stolen.

twitter .com/samkazemian/status/1719497041867677799

1698797275471.png

@name.com please assist before the domain is transferred out.

-Michael

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here’s an idea. Dont put your hard-earned money into a pseudo-extension… I know it’s crazy, but i dont respect projects that use these “out there” “non-com” extension. And Finance is my favorite topic…

You come from a good place. You’re all right.
It looks like the .com was involved also.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
“.Finance” non-com ext?!! Good luck… the good news is:

i value this at $0; and that was before it got stolen.
I imagine the users that may visit the site and have their funds drained would not be as amused.

This is not a domain appraisal post.

Trying to be helpful here when I saw someone post on twitter asking for help. I appreciate your thoughtful response on the situation.

•••
•••
It should be fine now guys honest we can look after your money again now. Peace

Just waiting for "domain stolen" to be added to the audit page https://docs.frax.finance/other/audits which I'm CERTAIN will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
•••
I am not sure what happened exactly, but it doesn't really inspire confidence for a financial institution to have an issue like this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Quick get the lawyers involved. The person claiming the name may not able to be identified by the registrar.

Estimated time to wait to get the name back: 2 years

Last edited:
•••
Market Cap is 672 millions $ and they have no control to the website 😁..

•••
Very interesting situation - could you please provide some context on the events of what happened so we can avoid same issue in the future?

•••
I am not sure what happened exactly, but it doesn't really inspire confidence for a financial institution to have an issue like this.

Brad
They've put a big banner at the top and on the login page explaining what's happened to their customers now so that everyone is aware.

Naaaat

Last edited:
•••
“.Finance” non-com ext?!! Good luck… the good news is:

i value this at $0; and that was before it got stolen.

Last edited:
•••
I imagine the users that may visit the site and have their funds drained would not be as amused.

This is not a domain appraisal post.

Trying to be helpful here when I saw someone post on twitter asking for help. I appreciate your thoughtful response on the situation.
Here’s an idea. Dont put your hard-earned money into a pseudo-extension… I know it’s crazy, but i dont respect projects that use these “out there” “non-com” extension. And Finance is my favorite topic…

You come from a good place. You’re all right.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back