IT.COM

new gTLD Fox Buys Fox.Today For $12,500 & 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Buys Flowers.Today For $12,500

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
"This week Donuts is releasing the Generic and Fun collision domains : .COOL, .WTF, .ZONE, .GUIDE, .PLACE, .FAIL, .CENTER, .EXPOSED, .GRIPE, .TODAY, .LIFE, .CHURCH.

There were 30 domains sold in the first 3 Donuts EAP days for .COOL, .WTF, .ZONE, .GUIDE, .PLACE, .FAIL, .CENTER, .EXPOSED, .GRIPE, .TODAY, .LIFE, .CHURCH. for a total of about $78,000 or more including the premium domains.

Fox.Today was bought by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation probably to be used by Fox News
1-800-FLOWERS.COM, INC. bought the domain name Flowers.Today. The domain already redirects to 1800flowers.com. Flowerstoday.com is owned by a California company"

Check out what new gTLDs have been picked up by experts like Michael Berkens and Chad Wright.
The article may be located on OnlineDomain

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You've gotta give Fox credit. When .mobi was initiated, Fox actually used it for a while, highlighting it every day in the rotating Fox News logo at the left-hand bottom of the screen. Then guess what? They stopped using it because their watchers didn't use it. Fox will try everything, and $12,500 is chump change for them. Fox.today will suffer the same fate. FOX.mobi is still owned by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, but it doesn't resolve (at least on my machine).

Anyway, defensive registrations are now part of the scene, and the creeps that own new registries that administer lots of new gTLDs know this, and factor that in when they figure on financial viability. They can count on many years of FOX renewals, even though the extension will probably go nowhere.

We've all heard this amazing news before, typically highlighted on the usual domain "news" webrags, about some large company that bought their own trademark for lots of casheesh, inspiring lots of quick-rich wannabees to run up their parents' credit cards with lots of new registrations.

•••
Some more money 1800FLOWERS.com flushed down the drain. ($4000 for Flowers.mobi).

If I had stock in FLWS, I'd sell now. Some real incompetent people running the show...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back