IT.COM

discuss Found an Amazingly Good Landing Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, I stumbled on this the other day. It's probably the best for sale lander I have ever seen as far as both landing page content and good graphics are concerned: http://www.rates.best/

It's a Wix made page, don't know how it was done, made by who, a template or not, or if the lander can be customized and sold. All I know it is excellent, imo.

any opinions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, I stumbled on this the other day. It's probably the best lander I have ever seen as far as both landing page content and good graphics are concerned: http://www.rates.best/

It's a Wix made page, don't know how it was done, made by who, a template or not, or if the lander can be customized and sold. All I know it is excellent, imo.

any opinions?
i liked more Persona.com lander or Atlas.com lander..
this lander is bit confusing ... i didnt liked it alot...

•••
i liked more Persona.com lander or Atlas.com lander..
this lander is bit confusing ... i didnt liked it alot...

Yes, it is a bit complex but due to the high asking price I am guessing they wanted to give as much info as possible.

•••
•••
I got so distracted by all the confusing content, I forgot that I wanted to buy the domain.

•••
Terrible! I assume this your own page you promote?

•••
I got so distracted by all the confusing content, I forgot that I wanted to buy the domain.

yes, it is somewhat involved but if you are in the market to spend 69k I think you would want to read it..

•••
I was more interested in the content than the domain.

Really dont like the .BEST extension too. Cant imagine paying $69k for that domain. Definitely not worh $199k after June 30th.

If I had $69k laying around I could buy a killer .com, not this mess.

Last edited:
•••
yes, it is somewhat involved but if you are in the market to spend 69k I think you would want to read it..
I think that's a fallacy. Someone looking to spend that much on a domain name will do their research, yes. But it will come from other, more objective sources.

I think having this much content on a landing page looks a bit desperate.

Also... I'm not sure it projects the right image to use a free website builder to promote a 70K domain name.

Last edited:
•••
I think that's a fallacy. Someone looking to spend that much on a domain name will do their research, yes. But it will come from other, more objective sources.

I think having this much content on a landing page looks a bit desperate.

Also... I'm not sure it projects the right image to use a free website builder to promote a 70K domain name.

& its not really a lander. its a website, all that really makes it a website offering information on a domain available for purchase.

boring..

•••
Wix blows imo, forces you to be part of their club like social networks. There are plenty of one page html websites available for free. You can gut out the nicely commented html sections you don’t want to use. Populate it with your photos and some content, takes an hour. Here are a bunch.

https://colorlib.com/wp/free-one-page-website-templates/

•••
So bad...

Too much content, a very unflattering "act now" type pitch with the pricing.

I learned something a while back that I can share with the class.

The #1 salesman for a domain is the BUYER. The buyer already has their DREAM in mind, why are you getting in the way with aggressive sales?

You don't need to sell someone on a dream they already sold to themselves.

Name a price, fluff up their dreams slightly, then be patient.

All this landing pages tells me is that you WANT to sell this domain, and have put quite a bit of effort into selling the domain. Puts you in the sales position that you don't want to be.

Keep it simple, keep it short, close the deal.

IMO

•••
So bad...

Too much content, a very unflattering "act now" type pitch with the pricing.

I learned something a while back that I can share with the class.

The #1 salesman for a domain is the BUYER. The buyer already has their DREAM in mind, why are you getting in the way with aggressive sales?

You don't need to sell someone on a dream they already sold to themselves.

Name a price, fluff up their dreams slightly, then be patient.

All this landing pages tells me is that you WANT to sell this domain, and have put quite a bit of effort into selling the domain. Puts you in the sales position that you don't want to be.

Keep it simple, keep it short, close the deal.

IMO

But what if the name you are selling is fooking awful? A name like rates.best. You then do need a desperate sales pitch.

It probably need this bad sales pitch, outbound email and maybe even Super Bowl ad to get this stinker sold.

•••
Hi, I stumbled on this the other day. It's probably the best for sale lander I have ever seen as far as both landing page content and good graphics are concerned: http://www.rates.best/

any opinions?

my opinion is you try to promote .best nTLD

please don't think people are stupid

Last edited:
•••
The landing page is so ugly, especially those naked URLs like that seem more like an amateur work

•••
•••
Are we being whamboozled? This is literally one of the worst landing pages I've ever seen.

It looks like somebody with no web design background put it together. Yes, I see that they're using Wix (and not even paying for it because you can see the ugly banner up top), but that doesn't excuse mashing up a bunch of hot garbage on a page to try and sell a sub-par domain name for high five figures...

•••
•••

any opinions?

HeHe.... seriously?

Straight template site and I actually found it quite confusing.

And talk about sloppy links, have they ever heard of subdomains, folders, or URL shorteners?

Picture0009.png

•••
In your mind you think you've done a great job? Sad. :xf.frown::xf.frown::xf.frown:

Perhaps you have seen a good landing page before

•••
Nothing says professional domain seller like "this site was designed by WIX'.

•••
@namemarket , you might want to close this thread. It's just getting sad now....

•••
The topic of landing pages/sites is an important one. Personally I believe, especially for high priced domains sold to organizations as opposed to individuals, it may be important to provide a wealth of supporting information. That being said, I also agree with those who say that too much or too strongly can just seem desperate, and see how some view this site in that light.

I think the most effective lander/site will plant a seed in the mind of the potential buyer that allows them to see the relevance of the name, while not confusing with too much information. That more detailed case needs to be there, perhaps even somewhere on the landing site, but not overwhelm or confuse.

Of course any lander must do the central job of clearly providing critical information while building trust. I continue to like the Undeveloped ones from this perspective, although realize some many like more image rich mini sites.

An interesting question is whether the type of lander that is effective depends on the niche. I expect so. I imagine the site effective with an artist is different from a big law firm.

Bob

•••
The topic of landing pages/sites is an important one. Personally I believe, especially for high priced domains sold to organizations as opposed to individuals, it may be important to provide a wealth of supporting information. That being said, I also agree with those who say that too much or too strongly can just seem desperate, and see how some view this site in that light.

I think the most effective lander/site will plant a seed in the mind of the potential buyer that allows them to see the relevance of the name, while not confusing with too much information. That more detailed case needs to be there, perhaps even somewhere on the landing site, but not overwhelm or confuse.

Of course any lander must do the central job of clearly providing critical information while building trust. I continue to like the Undeveloped ones from this perspective, although realize some many like more image rich mini sites.

An interesting question is whether the type of lander that is effective depends on the niche. I expect so. I imagine the site effective with an artist is different from a big law firm.

Bob

this O.P. is not interested to learn about Landing Pages

it's meant to promote the crap .best nTLD

•••
@namemarket

You are too late for April fool. The page is awful but worse is your pretence not to have any association with it. Just be straight with people - you lose credibility otherwise.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back