IT.COM

discuss Found an Amazingly Good Landing Page

NameSilo
Watch
Hi, I stumbled on this the other day. It's probably the best for sale lander I have ever seen as far as both landing page content and good graphics are concerned: http://www.rates.best/

It's a Wix made page, don't know how it was done, made by who, a template or not, or if the lander can be customized and sold. All I know it is excellent, imo.

any opinions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like to create my own sales landers with a Buy Now link to undeveloped.

Cheers
Corey

•••
it was a top secret test :xf.wink: I was conducting :xf.smile: to see if a fairly unimportant thread about a parking page could somehow become the most active thread and one of the longest and also most intense threads of the year about the most hated newer tld ever (at least since dot-horse and dot-mobi) and put the thread up as content on a new minisite with the new domain: www.most-hated-intense-longest-forum-thread.best

20914315_1499791430059731_6872781507819986293_n.png

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
What's wrong with EFTY landers, they are simple, straight to the point. Nothing gets in the way of the sale, no distractions.
For the most part I tend to agree with @papeter that for most domains probably using one from Efty or Undeveloped or Tough Domains is the way to go. It is far easier, and I think the simplicity can be an advantage. Also, all (I think) of those sites did some research on which elements in a lander helped promote sales to close. I think the key part of any lander is it provide a clear way to contact the seller, it build trust by showing the purchase process will be straightforward and fast (Undeveloped to this really well) and it feels professional.
Bob

•••
it was a top secret test :xf.wink: I was conducting :xf.smile: to see if a fairly unimportant thread about a parking page could somehow become the most active thread and one of the longest and also most intense threads of the year about the most hated newer tld ever (at least since dot-horse and dot-mobi) and put the thread up as content on a new minisite with the new domain: www.most-hated-intense-longest-forum-thread.best
OK with the planned buzz around .best.

But you are using disturbing eloquence.

Actually I wish I did own the name rates.best

FYI, It is not my page and I have no idea who owns that high value .best domain but wish I owned it.

pinnochio.jpg

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I am confused on what you mean when you say disturbing eloquence?
The answer was in a post I was going to quote but I see they are disappearing from your thread.
So nvm.

•••
The answer was in a post I was going to quote but I see they are disappearing from your thread. So nvm.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or know of anything disappearing. I also don't see how that's even possible what with the short 30-minute time limit on doing edits. Please explain yourself and what the picture of Pinocchio means.

Last edited:
•••
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about or know of anything disappearing. I also don't see how that's even possible what with the short 30-minute time limit on doing edits. Please explain yourself and what the picture of Pinocchio means.
The post that disappeared was about this.
He was replying to another member's post about you, which is also gone.

1_SM7IDTl46Z0KFZ8N8jjhKg.jpeg

Pinocchio.

You are saying you are making a ''top secret test'' to see if a thread about a parking page can become the most intense thread ever. Thread about the tld you seem to be promoting.

The $19.95 cost to get dispensary.best thread also an experiment to see if a thread about the price of a domain could somehow become the best thread ever?

Anyone could create a hot thread about anything.
What's the goal of such an experiment by a 2003 member?
And why repetitively try intense threads about .best lol.

Thus Pinocchio.
Addition to this, reply to what I saw as being another example of ''disturbing eloquence''.
eloquence.PNG

Started as a tease, had no pity posting it because you had none for the noobs reading your posts.

•••
The post that disappeared was about this. He was replying to another member's post about you, which is also gone. Show attachment 115811Pinocchio. You are saying you are making a ''top secret test'' to see if a thread about a parking page can become the most intense thread ever. Thread about the tld you seem to be promoting. The $19.95 cost to get dispensary.best thread also an experiment to see if a thread about the price of a domain could somehow become the best thread ever? Anyone could create a hot thread about anything. What's the goal of such an experiment by a 2003 member? And why repetitively try intense threads about .best lol. Thus Pinocchio. Addition to this, reply to what I saw as being another example of ''disturbing eloquence''.Show attachment 115817 Started as a tease, had no pity posting it because you had none for the noobs reading your posts.

Sound like you must be assuming a Moderator has been deleting some posts? I never asked anything be removed and don't think the Mods would agree anyway. I can't do it myself due to the automatic 30-minute edit rule NP has so how in the world can they be deleted?.

You speak BS made-up crap and someone who loves making accusations with zero evidence to back it up. You also seem to be bragging about your command of language with English professor-like sounding words 'disturbing eloquence' nonsense which some people may not know what the word means.

You must enjoy making up stories and wild accusations. Even someone not smart would quickly realize my post about the top secret test experiment was only a joke due to being flamed by unkind insulting people like you for ages without merit before the post, as evidenced by my 2 smiley faces in the post.

I can send proof of whatever is needed or even ask Cyril.Best for a note to a Mod that I do not work for him and copies of my failed offer to buy rates.best and the 100k counter-offer to a Mod from an owner who had an unrevealed name by the DA broker.

I am also willing to send a Mod a full list of my over 300 .BEST domains with reg receipts which show I paid the registrar registration cost by credit card. Then you can either apologize or cancel your own NP membership however if you fail to do that my plan is to leave NP myself by next week.

Should also say in reply to you there was no planned goal other than the fact I am happy finding nice dot-best names and honesty think they are the best newer tld ever launched for reasons often discussed here by Cyril. I seriously value them and their high potential more than some dot-com's. In fact, several of my .best are better than the similar dot-com url's in some ways.

That reduced .com value is in part due to type-in traffic being down the tube starting a few years ago where there's little traffic, ppc or search advantage favoring dot-com anymore, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
I did not say above (but did discuss this subject a lot elsewhere) that I am NOT referring to resale market when I say .best is good. Of course, dot-com in still KING and other extensions such as one of my other favorites .org are still light years ahead of .best and other newer tlds in aftermarket sales.

I am mainly referring to future sale opportunities and on future value price appreciation and SEO capabilities, plus future search-engine traffic (not necessarily via type-in) potential, which is where .best can do very well.

Being able to hand-reg a good .best for $2.99 is great vs looking at a price of say 10k or greater in KING or maybe 1k in .org etc for the same or a very similar domain.

P.S. There has been a $1,500 .best recent resale market unpublished sale (not involving hotels).

Last edited:
•••
landio.icu

I bot a lot of matching .icu

multiverse.press ( grav )

multiverse.website

•••
•••
undeveloped landing pages are best.
Check cameovoice.com

•••
Then you can either apologize or cancel your own NP membership however if you fail to do that my plan is to leave NP myself by next week.
I'll be good, you'll be good.

And yes, I do speak BS sometimes.
But no, I do not love making accusations.

It's just that your landing page is very bad.
And dispensary.best is sh*t.
So maybe give good advice to beginners reading your posts.

Like many already mentioned, I think this post is a very dishonest try to promote the name, which is really a shame, given the community here is very supportive and I am sure people would've given advice and honest opinions if it was just asked straight

You can also promote .best without looking shady.

•••
I'll be good, you'll be good
I hope maybe this can be the start for all of us on this thread to focus on the important topic of landing pages, and to leave personal attacks, whether by words or inappropriate insinuations through images, out of it. Not only are personal attacks unfair and hurtful, but they weaken the case being made.

I would also point out, since since some seem to have overlooked (and it is easy to do in a long thread) that the OP has admitted on this thread that his initial post and headline was overly positive and he retracts that.
upon further review (football replay words) it now appears I may have been somewhat too glowing about the rates.best landing page after all.

So everyone please stay, and everyone please no personalized attacks. Please.

Have a nice week everyone, and I hope you each have a domain sale this week (ok me too!) :xf.smile:

Bob

•••
.......Actually I wish I did own the name rates.best .......

Been following this thread with interest because I own the same keyword in .click and I can say its been quite interesting. Have received 21 offers (On Feb 1st of this year in one day) ranging from $20 to 100 million dollars (yep, not a typo). All of them have been fake, obviously, via Undeveloped. I've had the domain parked all over the place. Bodis, Voodoo, etc. I've received dozens of offers through those places too.

The domain has made tremendous PPC however, almost 90% of the traffic is from India for some reason. I'll keep it because that PPC has paid for its renewal for well over 10 years but honestly I dont understand the reason behind the number of fake offers.

•••
In a long post with many good points @Tatiana Bonneau says the following which is I think an important message to domain investors.
Re. content on landers, we design landers for premium names and so we constantly work on testing and improving results with those. I understand the notion of "don't distract the potential buyer" but potential buyers now are not what they used to be 20 years ago. I was looking at my box with serials this morning and at the back there are all the ingredients, a short story about the brand, pictures of the owners and their first factory from the 60s with short message from them, info about why are those serials good for me, info about how their producer is responsible with ecology etc. etc. Basically there is more info to get me educated, comfortable and convince me that I am making a good choice spending $3 on those serials than there is on the majority of domain sales pages and they are asking anything between couple of thousand to millions of dollars.

I would not expect to walk into a car dealership and not be able to walk away with a glossy brochure that made the case for the vehicles, showed me its specs, etc. However for many domains there is either no information or simply some boilerplate bullet points about domains in general (which is fine, just not enough in my opinion).

Yes, serious potential buyers will do their own research, but by not starting the information process we are giving up the opportunity to start the case for this domain name. Thanks Tatiana for a well thought out and expressed argument.

Bob

•••
In a long post with many good points @Tatiana Bonneau says the following which is I think an important message to domain investors.

I would not expect to walk into a car dealership and not be able to walk away with a glossy brochure that made the case for the vehicles, showed me its specs, etc. However for many domains there is either no information or simply some boilerplate bullet points about domains in general (which is fine, just not enough in my opinion).

Yes, serious potential buyers will do their own research, but by not starting the information process we are giving up the opportunity to start the case for this domain name. Thanks Tatiana for a well thought out and expressed argument.

Bob

Oh man, those brochures... :) You walk into the dealer "just wanting to look" and you grab a hold of one of those brochures and you're already figuring out the differences in payments for each option and trim level they provide! :)

I agree. Unless we have Rick Schwartz quality domains we've got to put some info out there and explain why its value and why a great buy to that person.

•••
1972 Cadillac ElDorado Convertible

1927 Bugatti Royals

Ring Bros Anything

I am already sold - in my mind I own them...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder -

So I want to spin up something that looks GREAT

And ALWAYS give free gift - Thank You for Visiting !

•••
Link not working i thing its down

•••
wait im confused is this a joke or is this real?

•••
This is actually the worst landing page I've ever seen.

•••
Will .best take off? No idea, I view it as possible but highly uncertain

..just to add a bit of sought certainty

Celebrating .best 5 years of general availability (21 May 2014):

136655_f88dc10d8e4803d8f9f05f42007fb793.png

...in other words:
- 1 reported $150 sale in 5 years
- 14,865 registrations

indeed very promising extension
0.0067% sellthrough rate.
higher than .com

..still worse than .horse but hey you know there are $1M unreported registry sales and NDAs and "we have never report policy" and "its noun, adjective, verb and probably means something in chinese too" etc

136656_0cc93c141ff3ae9b2ae8c5a62ba7fe7f.png

Conclusion: .horse is seriously undervalued guys
The horse is a universal symbol of freedom without restraint, because riding a horse made people feel they could free themselves from their own bindings. Also linked with riding horses, they are symbols of travel, movement, and desire.
The horse also represents power in Native American tribes. Native American tribes that possessed horses often won more battles than those who did not. They also had more territory. The number of horses a tribe possessed was telling of how wealthy they were. Within these cultures and others, the horse is often an emblem of war.
Horse Symbolism

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 14.10.15.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 14.10.15.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 14.25.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 14.25.00.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back