NameSilo

Forum Layout/Categories Bit Of A Wreck

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was looking for what forum to post my Flippa auction and the more I looked at it, it's just really disorganized. Few examples.

The Flippa auction is an external, off (this) site auction. There are a couple of places people are posting these:
Marketplace
Domain Names - Auctions
External Sales & Everything Else

You'll see Flippa auctions posted in both forums. Wouldn't it be easier just to have an Auctions forum, then have NP auctions and External Auctions (sedo, flippa, gd etc.)

I also like direct links to the subforums from the main page, you have drop down, I guess to save space. It makes it a little harder to find.

What about code? You have it at 2 places:
Resources - Code
Discussion - Web Development - Programming - Code

It's just kind of jumbled. It could be better organized.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The Flippa auction is an external, off (this) site auction. There are a couple of places people are posting these:
Marketplace
Domain Names - Auctions
External Sales & Everything Else

You'll see Flippa auctions posted in both forums. Wouldn't it be easier just to have an Auctions forum, then have NP auctions and External Auctions (sedo, flippa, gd etc.)
Clarified the descriptions and added forum links for convenience (notice the different icon).

I also like direct links to the subforums from the main page, you have drop down, I guess to save space. It makes it a little harder to find.
I use "View Forum List" and Ctrl+F

What about code? You have it at 2 places:
Resources - Code
Discussion - Web Development - Programming - Code
These are the same. One is a link for convenience. The forum is under Resources since it's a resource (snippets of code) and Programming is for discussion. Should we remove the shortcut link for Code from Programming?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back