IT.COM

gTLD Berkens need 15 min to go from $16k to $60k! Wow...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a publicity stunt.. I was standing there when it happened. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Richard went to his room so everyone at the conference wouldn't see him bidding with a paddle. However, Richard's wifi cut out and he took the elevator back down and came running into the live auction, but he was too late, auction ended. So he made an impulse offer(not on stage... just personally between Mike and Frank was there too)

This was not a conspiracy or publicity stunt, it was simply a millionaire who bought something he wanted. 60k is a small slice of Richards wealth. If this was Richard's last 60K then it would be a big deal.

Edit: This 'story' didn't even start to spread until the next few days(after the live auction was over) No hype or buzz, just rumors and chatter
I'm not saying the deal wasn't legitimate. I was saying it was added publicity stunt as the news broke 30mins after it happened while other auctions still going on. They all benefit with this shared deal news and it spreads fast as FS has a lot of Twitter followers in the domaining community and bloggers.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. It just helps to increase interest in nGTLDS.

nGTLDS do sell and I have invested into a few myself for future opportunities... :)

Stock Photos.JPG

It does look like the Asian market is the biggest investors with short nGTLDS over $12k

Ngtlds.JPG

nGTLDS1.JPG

NGTLDs2.JPG

NGTLDs4.JPG

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back