Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

"For Dummies" names

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
1,097
Is the "for dummies" trademark so strong that I should just let expire any [keyword]fordummies.com names I have, even if one has an extremely strong keyword in front of it? Even if the keyword is not yet used in a For Dummies book?

For example, assume I had PokerforDummies.com and there was no such For Dummies book. Would it be worth keeping?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You just gave an idea.

I think it will be valuable in the future, so worth keeping for sure.
 
0
•••
What about trademarks though?

If your idea is to search for all great ]keyword]fordummies.com names, you could have some legal problems so don't over do it.
 
0
•••
The company responsible for those books owns Dummies.com and most other extensions.

I own .tv of the same name and have the same fear as you.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=5mo4qe.1.1

That link is the US Patent and Trademark Office.

Just use the 'basic search'. For Dummies and Dummies appear to be "live" trademarks

Jeff
domaincollector
 
0
•••
That's so funny that you have dummies.tv. If I'm not mistaken, I had it for a year and just let it expire a little while ago. Small world.

Best of luck. I liked the name.
 
0
•••
I would keep it. I doubt that their are is a TM on every single book that they write.
 
0
•••
slobizman said:
That's so funny that you have dummies.tv. If I'm not mistaken, I had it for a year and just let it expire a little while ago. Small world.

Best of luck. I liked the name.


I got it at Tdnam. Not sure what I was thinking. It looked cool at the time :) lol

Jeff
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back