Get your catchy domain at it.com
Dynadot Dynadot

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
92
I sent 1 company an email on Wednesday asking if they'd be interested in the domain name ( I won't say the name)

They replied back 30 minutes later saying thanks for letting us know this domain is now available how much are you looking to sell for.

I responded by saying I'm looking between £10k-£20k
I added links to dan and GoDaddy in the email and ended the email by saying let us know if you'd like to make an offer.

I've heard nothing back it is now Friday so

1. Do I follow up before the weekend? If yes what would you say in the follow-up email
2. Or Don't follow up

This company doesn't own the exact match domain name for example they have missed off the letter at the end of the first keyword like DeluxBranding instead of Deluxe
 
Last edited:
0 0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

VadimK

Top Contributor
Impact
2,781
I don't think it matters if you follow up or not - they are probably now busy for two days swallowing pills like crazy from the heart attack after seeing your price. Don't get me wrong - I am not saying that the price is high (I don't know the name). I am saying that most likely it is much higher than they are expecting and willing to pay.

On the other hand I don't get the point of saying that ''my price is £10k-£20k'' (a range). I mean, I get this ''super importance of the name that you yourself haven't decided on price yet'' - but it's a cheap trick in reality.

Bottom line - I personally wouldn't follow up if your goal is really to sell it for 10000. If you are willing to give it for a 1000 - then for sure...
 
Last edited:

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
92
I don't think it matters if you follow up or not - they are probably now busy for two days swallowing pills like crazy from the heart attack after seeing your price.
Haha that's funny
 

AEProgram

Top Contributor
Impact
5,919
1. Always include price in initial email.

2. If you want to sell and not hold on anymore, email them now and ask them to make their best offer. Tell them what the benefits are? SEO? Typin by people looking for them? Securing it from potential competition? Search volume? Sell it good and ask for their best offer. Whatever they reply with make a small counteroffer or you will never complete this deal. Remind them why it's safe to buy? Escrow? Dan Escrow? GoDaddy?

3. Really the most important, make sure you are not dealing with a trademark or something close to it. If they have a VERY unique company name and you have the EMD, they already view you as a shitty person even if you registered the name 750 years ago.
 
biix
Top down